Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 01:55:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Leather Shop (Moderators: Marshal Will Wingam, Ten Wolves Fiveshooter)  |  Topic: My homemade embossing tool. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My homemade embossing tool.  (Read 984 times)
sfc rick
Very Active Citizen

« on: June 13, 2017, 12:10:22 pm »

I really like making my holsters with the Texas Lonestar brand on them. So I decided to try my hand at making them a little easier to do with this embossing tool I fabricated. Still have some fine tuning to do with it...but not too bad for my first try.

This is before the tool....

kwilliams1876
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 12:34:41 pm »

darn good work! creative too.
kw
Johnny McCrae
Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

The older the violin, the finer the music

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 03:57:16 pm »

Very nice. Many thanks for sharing this with us.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself
dusty texian
Chief Scout Wehmeyer Ranch's.
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Dusty Texian

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 04:45:24 pm »

Very clever ! And does a good job! ,,,DT
Cliff Fendley
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 05:27:08 pm »

Good job!

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers
Marshal Will Wingam
Garden Variety
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 11:10:23 pm »

That's mighty good. It sure does the job nicely. Thanks for the pics. Do you have any pictures of how you made them?

SCORRS     SASS     BHR
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 07:56:22 am »

That's mighty good. It sure does the job nicely. Thanks for the pics. Do you have any pictures of how you made them?
Yeah, what he said Smiley

sfc rick
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 02:40:26 pm »

I'm working on this holster for my 5 1/2" barreled six guns. It should be nice after the finishing steps are done.

sfc rick
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 02:48:40 pm »

No pics...here's the wordy version.... I took two holesaw pieces the diameter I wanted, ground off the teeth, assembled them on the holesaw arbor. Then filled the inside 2 rings with JB Weld and then pressed in the 1/4" letter/number stamps, let dry.

Next found a piece of PVC tubing coupler the right size (1 1/8th) and likewise filled it up with JB Weld and let dry. Then marked the points of a star on the end of the PVC piece and used a hacksaw to crosscut the star points into the PVC and JB Weld. Took a knife and removed the rest of the star and then it's done.

It's not perfect...but I know it would cost Thousands$$$$$ to have a professional tool made...so this will do for me.
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 03:17:50 pm »

There are people using 3D printers to make a heavy plastic stamp, that can be had for less than $50. But that doesn't show the sheer genius and MacGuyvering that you put into your own brand. Not perfect? Rustic and charming, and well done.

Marshal Will Wingam
Garden Variety
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Smile. It makes people wonder what you're up to.

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 11:32:04 pm »

Thanks, Rick. That's pure ingenuity to make that. I like it a lot. I had a hand filed bolt for my makers mark for years before I finally got one. It was nothing compared to yours. Looks great.  Cheesy Cool

SCORRS     SASS     BHR
sfc rick
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2017, 12:09:17 am »

Thanks, Rick. That's pure ingenuity to make that. I like it a lot. I had a hand filed bolt for my makers mark for years before I finally got one. It was nothing compared to yours. Looks great.  Cheesy Cool

Thanks for the compliment, it means a lot to me you guys who know way more than I.

Here's the near finished holster... only a few more steps left.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Leather Shop (Moderators: Marshal Will Wingam, Ten Wolves Fiveshooter)  |  Topic: My homemade embossing tool. « previous next »
Jump to: