Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 05:22:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Bonnyman Shaving Scuttles 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bonnyman Shaving Scuttles  (Read 247 times)
Ben Beam
SASS Affiliated Merchant (#105892)
Top Active Citizen

« on: June 10, 2017, 06:17:41 pm »

Not sure how many of you wet shave, and if so if any of you have used a shaving scuttle before. It's for lathering your shaving cream, but instead of just a mug it has a separate compartment hat holds hot water to keep your leather warm. It makes for a wonderful shaving experience. I have one from Bonnyman pottery that I've been using for years, and would immediately replace it if anything were to happen to it.

Appropriately enough, she sells a "Texan" model, although her basic model is about half the cost: https://www.sarabonnymanpottery.com/product/texan-moss-scuttle/

I just scored a straight razor today that looks basically brand new, although it's 100 years old (1917 model). Might have to give it up and give it a try. I've used a vintage safety razor for a long time—it isn't hype, it's one of those "old ways are the best ways" methods for certain, so I'll be surprised if the straight razor is an improvement.

Ben Beam & Co. -- Bringing You a New Old West -- Reproduction Old West Ephemera for re-enactors, living historians, set dressing, chuckwagons, props, or just for fun!
http://www.BenBeam.com
Don Nix
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 03:08:33 pm »

Ive used a straight razor for years and I prefer it as it gives the closest shave. The old safety razor is next and the modern razors dont hold a candle but you can shave faster.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Bonnyman Shaving Scuttles « previous next »
Jump to: