Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 04:15:03 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Zoot Shooters (Moderator: Pitspitr)  |  Topic: N Frame grips interchangeability 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: N Frame grips interchangeability  (Read 2214 times)
Jake C
Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
Top Active Citizen

« on: June 09, 2017, 12:51:35 pm »

Howdy all,

So dumb question here, but I just want to verify. N Frame grips are interchangeable between all N Frame revolvers with the same butt type, right? I ask because I found a set of Stag grips for a Model 29 S&W, and bought them with the plan of putting them on my Brazilian contract M1917. I'm not expecting a perfect fit, but wanted to know if I should expect anything beyond minor fitting.

Luckily, the seller said he'd be happy to take them back and do the fitting if needed, or accept a return if I wasn't satisfied.

Thanks all. Gonna attempt to post a picture of the grips, we'll see if I succeed.

* M29.jpg (329.31 KB, 1600x901 - viewed 73 times.)

Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2017, 02:14:32 pm »

I like the older style grips in walnut or horn. Had these made for my Thunder Ranch .45. Really like them.

* image.jpeg (146.2 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 60 times.)

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Jake C
Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 02:19:33 pm »

Howdy Ed,

Personally, I agree. I'll see how they fit, but I'm strongly leaning towards sending these grips back to be trimmed up a little bit in a manner closer to the older style grips.

Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Zoot Shooters (Moderator: Pitspitr)  |  Topic: N Frame grips interchangeability « previous next »
Jump to: