Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 12:50:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: There are June bugs in my coffee again this year too 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are June bugs in my coffee again this year too  (Read 8967 times)
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 06:38:31 am »

Six gallons? That sounds more like a field than a yard!

5 + acres

It is the Harley of mowers sucks gas (2 barrel carb)and uses a little oil.

Rain continues here

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2017, 09:31:39 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 63 and overcast. High of 73.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2017, 02:56:27 pm »

Afternoon all. 

One heck of a night here.  We had a bunch of helicopter-worthy medical calls overnight, and since I live less than a quarter mile from the helipad, sleep was not an easy task.  In between helicopter landings, there were neighbors who think riding a Harley through our little street at 3am is a good idea, a raccoon that tried to eat our bunny food (accompanied by frenzied barking from the dog) and so on.   In all, it equates to a day fueled by caffeine.

My new rifle should be in today or tomorrow now.  So then I'll be able to do the paperwork and wait my ten days.  Undecided

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2017, 04:38:49 pm »

Pictures? Grin

Go here for story and pictures...http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/story/news/2017/06/01/its-official-tornado-hit-wappinger-wednesday/362162001/

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2017, 10:27:35 pm »

That's quite a yard, and mower to match. I only mowing about 1 to 1 1/2 acres, but with the estimated 25+ year old JD 38" rider, and the Lowe's push mower, it's still a chore to keep it done. about half of it is "new" yard, IE former pasture, keep having to weld the deck back together because of hitting rocks and stumps.
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2017, 06:36:31 am »

6 plus here as well...and when it rains it grows FAST..... needs cutting again 5 days later.

3 acres are yard....and the other 3 is was pasture ( last horse is on other grazing )
It is gone to seed, so it will be hay mowed in July
I have an Ariens mower.
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2017, 11:17:00 am »

The decks on the box store John Deers are all a nightmare. The one sitting here was ruined second use. The throttle cable broke furst use. The stactic drive transmission is shot now. Less than a100 hours. Three summers ago it was new. The prior got about five seasons. Deck was trashed body falling off. I replaced yhe steering linkage before it decided to never start again. No more JD's . I was wanting a Kabota 4x but they are twice what this cost. This cost more than my first new truck- JD cost more than my first cars.  As a group.
Thinking about running a electric wire and bringing a couple Burros home.

3" of rain since yesterday

Joshua 1.9

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2017, 01:19:43 pm »

Happy Tuesray Folks! Please forgive any typos, I losy my last pair of readers last night. Typing bu youch today. Thw qwather is cool and rainy, and the coffee is... cold :} Have a couple parties interested in some leather work. One wants a scabbard for a Henry Lever dun, and the other wants a knife sheath. I think they might need to send the knife, otherwise I'm not sure it will fit. I'm hoping to have new glasses bedore starting either one Wink

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2017, 03:47:55 pm »

Afternoon all.

Weather is hot and sunny, per usual California summer.

We have a Craftsman pushmower for our yard that is in its 14th season.  It gets used every three weeks in the summer, and that's it.  It also only has to mow 1/4 acre.  Roll Eyes

Good luck with the eyewear, Cap.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2017, 09:02:48 pm »

Some weekend pictures. 

* 18921838_430019637377331_6923301937989286447_n (1).jpg (107.29 KB, 480x640 - viewed 32 times.)

* a.jpg (186.06 KB, 480x640 - viewed 26 times.)

* g.jpg (164.04 KB, 480x640 - viewed 28 times.)

* j.jpg (216.33 KB, 480x640 - viewed 31 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 09:04:22 pm »

And more.

* 18838797_430005757378719_725970273267797257_n.jpg (82.9 KB, 480x640 - viewed 30 times.)

* c.jpg (177.26 KB, 480x640 - viewed 29 times.)

* e.jpg (243.1 KB, 480x640 - viewed 28 times.)

* k.jpg (40.49 KB, 515x320 - viewed 33 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2017, 09:05:42 pm »

Ditto

* 2.jpg (205.4 KB, 640x359 - viewed 29 times.)

* 18300852_430034710709157_6551455103361877977_n.jpg (104.73 KB, 480x640 - viewed 31 times.)

* 18838797_430005757378719_725970273267797257_n.jpg (82.9 KB, 480x640 - viewed 27 times.)

* n.jpg (179.63 KB, 480x640 - viewed 33 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2017, 09:05:57 pm »

More.

* 1.jpg (123.07 KB, 640x359 - viewed 31 times.)

* i.jpg (165.05 KB, 480x640 - viewed 36 times.)

* n.jpg (179.63 KB, 480x640 - viewed 30 times.)

* q.jpg (243.19 KB, 480x640 - viewed 26 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2017, 09:10:02 pm »

Found the problem, may be why it over heated. Grin

* rowdy 053.jpg (154.15 KB, 640x359 - viewed 27 times.)

* rowdy 001.jpg (204.44 KB, 640x359 - viewed 39 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2017, 09:36:40 pm »

Yup, that little hole might cause a problem.

Been fighting cooling problems on my latest Blazer for a couple of weeks. First leaking heater core. Stop leak fixed that real good, no water even gets THROUGH it now. Then it's overheating, but no leaks. Cap holds no pressure, replace that. Good for a day, then radiator springs a pretty good size leak(but smaller than the FieldMarshall's leak) Replace that. Drive around 40-50 miles, seems fine. Next day, 20 minutes into the route, water pump is dribbling. Fixed that. Hardly any cooling system left to replace now. Actually went all day today without problems!
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2017, 07:03:52 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Fireflies were out in force last night.

'Tis 56 and sunny. High of 77.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2017, 07:34:39 am »

Looks like we are going to have a dry day today... back to mowing...

Del my old Ford truck.. radiator went then everything else followed like PE. They are all the same age and like you, worn out. Then finally after those items were fixed the tensioner idler pully went shredding the serpentine belt. I am telling you this to prepare you. Then the alternar went. Then i sold it.

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2017, 07:51:56 am »

Morning all.

That's quite the hole there, Del.  What year is the truck?

PE, my dad and I have had to fix literally everything you just mentioned in our Blazer...Some twice.  Or thrice.   For some reason, we still have that car, despite the fact that we spent more fixing it than we did on buying it.  And we bought it close to new. Undecided

Looking at rain today.  We'll see how that goes.

--TK

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2017, 09:03:24 am »

Kid, the last Blazer I owned was a 98 TrailBlazer I think. I went to put the bearings in the front, and snapped off a wheel lug or two. Get the wheel off, and find that my 2WD had 4WD hubs, doubling the price. Then I found out, there were 2 years that used special hubs made in Canada, special order from the dealer only, double the doubled price. Won't ever own a Chevy again.

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2017, 09:50:50 am »

Radiator Express  guessing yours is 92

https://www.radiatorexpress.com/part_lookup.asp?make=FORD&year=1992&model=F-150&submodel=&engine=4.9,300,,L6&subcategory_id=RADIATOR&stepCompleted=5

I used these guys for my JEEP ....POS OEM plastic radiator cracked (cant't be repaired ) ....I replaced it with an all metal (brass) from these guys
$150 cause mine was Automatic & A/C ...but thats shipped and I got it is 24 hours !

1992 FORD F-150 - 4.9 liter L6 RADIATOR AUTO/MANUAL 2 INCH THICK CORE

List Price: $280.00
Our Price: $126.00

Frick'n' Chrysler wanted $500 for their POS plastic/Alum. crap and they needed a week to order it !
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2017, 04:37:17 pm »

Kid, the last Blazer I owned was a 98 TrailBlazer I think. I went to put the bearings in the front, and snapped off a wheel lug or two. Get the wheel off, and find that my 2WD had 4WD hubs, doubling the price. Then I found out, there were 2 years that used special hubs made in Canada, special order from the dealer only, double the doubled price. Won't ever own a Chevy again.

The Wife's car is a 2005 Trailblazer, and so far it's the best car I ever bought. Had about 100,000 when we got it, 185,000 now, total maintenance besides oil changes and tires: 1 coil pack, couple of years ago. It's getting pretty high miles now, sure hope we can get as good when it needs replacing. Oops, forgot: the heater speed resistor continually goes out, but I blame that on the aftermarket replacement parts. currently has 1-3 out of 5 speeds working.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2017, 07:05:04 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 60 and sunny. "Partly cloudy. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs around 80. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2017, 07:44:37 am »

Nice day here on the coastal plain...except that it is an "ozone action" day.  I'll just breath through my bandanna, and it will be fine.

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2017, 07:59:41 am »

PE, we had an '03 Trailblazer for about 5 years.  The worst problem we had is that there was an electrical drain on it somewhere so that it sometimes didn't start in the mornings.  Besides that, we never had a problem with it.  Ours we bought at 120,000 miles, and we traded it in at 185k.  We have a 2010 Ford Explorer now, and so far it's been pretty good.  We had to replace the coil pack, but that's it. 
And then there's my truck.   '95 F150 with the 351.  All I've done is replace a couple belt pulleys and the oil.  187k miles and still gets 17mpg on the highway. Roll Eyes

I finally got the paperwork done on my new rifle.  I drove all the way to the city for it, with the dog.   I did learn that my dog does not like taxidermy.  She barked at the mounted bears and caribou off and on for 45 minutes. Tongue

--TK

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2017, 12:59:21 pm »

Nice day here on the coastal plain...except that it is an "ozone action" day.  I'll just breath through my bandanna, and it will be fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heK8QjhWGag

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: There are June bugs in my coffee again this year too « previous next »
Jump to: