Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 09:38:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: There are June bugs in my coffee again this year too 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are June bugs in my coffee again this year too  (Read 8922 times)
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2017, 05:42:04 pm »

Howdy guys. This is certainly an odd thread imo.
You think the thread is odd? Why is that?

Sponsored by Folgers

Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2017, 05:53:59 pm »

I'm afraid that the thread doesn't have a thread. Seems to wander around abit. Part weather report, part situation report. Remember I'm an old fart and confuse easily. Sometimes it's all I can do to get through a 20 rd pistol, 10 rifle and 8 sg WB stage without a couple of p's.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2017, 06:02:33 pm »

I can't get through the night without a couple of p's.

Rained earlier 83 °...... field trip tomorrow , news at  6

Turn your Head and Cough, Kid  Wink
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2017, 06:47:30 pm »

Are you in NE or WI??? Grin
WI. Got 'bout 3/4" of rain so far.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2017, 06:48:29 pm »

Rained earlier 83 °...... field trip tomorrow , news at  6

Turn your Head and Cough, Kid  Wink

The coughing part will be easy.  One of our local species of willow has decided to toss a bunch of cotton.  So I have a bunch of fluff on my windshield now.  Roll Eyes

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #130 on: June 29, 2017, 01:01:48 am »

We're having the annual late June snows, they don't call them cottonwoods for nothing. Grin

Why shouldn't the tread wonder, it's a bunch of guys having cyber coffee with friends. 

Oh and Folgers is a last resort.   Life is too short to drink lousy coffee and eat fast food.   Roll Eyes

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2017, 06:58:57 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

'Tis 64 and partly sunny. High of 78.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2017, 06:59:42 am »

Oh and Folgers is a last resort.   Life is too short to drink lousy coffee and eat fast food.   Roll Eyes
That is exactly how I feel about Starbucks! Overpriced burnt coffee, profiting a company that won't support our soldiers in the field. But, I grew up on Folgers, and it is a taste of home to me. These days, I have even stooped to drinking store brand, when I used to drink hand roasted Kenyan AAA and Kona. Either way, at the end of the day, I love to have a hot espresso, watch the sun go down, and the bats come out Smiley

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2017, 07:35:54 am »

Baltimore Ed,
Welcome to the mix. Have a cup and relax.

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2017, 07:48:26 am »

Starbucks taste like mulch from the flowerbeds.  That is why they add all the garbage to it.  Recent years i have a KCup. I like community coffee- folgers black silk. And any of the wal- mart brands. They are as good as anything on market for half the price.  Orange and blue box the milder- red and brown the stronger. I buy one small box of each and pick for the mood.

Correct between doctors and therapist

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #135 on: June 29, 2017, 10:44:36 am »

That is exactly how I feel about Starbucks! Overpriced burnt coffee, profiting a company that won't support our soldiers in the field. But, I grew up on Folgers, and it is a taste of home to me. These days, I have even stooped to drinking store brand, when I used to drink hand roasted Kenyan AAA and Kona. Either way, at the end of the day, I love to have a hot espresso, watch the sun go down, and the bats come out Smiley

And I never said they wern't a last resort.   Roll Eyes

Probally have to 'splain this to the Folgers drinkers. 

* GAF 043.jpg (216 KB, 563x479 - viewed 21 times.)

* 6c6cde72_1466674.jpg (294.72 KB, 600x480 - viewed 16 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2017, 11:01:33 am »

And I never said they wern't a last resort.   Roll Eyes

Probally have to 'splain this to the Folgers drinkers. 
Um... exsqueeze me? That is similar to the Spanish or Hungarian way to fix coffee. Used by Nomads over coals. You dump the coffee grounds in, add water, let it simmer. Just be careful not to slosh it too much when pouring. Dang old farts think they know it all  Roll Eyes

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #137 on: June 29, 2017, 12:20:06 pm »

Um... exsqueeze me? That is similar to the Spanish or Hungarian way to fix coffee. Used by Nomads over coals. You dump the coffee grounds in, add water, let it simmer. Just be careful not to slosh it too much when pouring. Dang old farts think they know it all  Roll Eyes

They do and don't ever forget that.  Often called Turkish coffee and made in an ibrik. 

Black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel, sweet as love.

Charles Maurice de Talleyrand

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #138 on: June 29, 2017, 02:00:11 pm »

Afternoon all.

Sunny and hot in California, per usual summer weather.  More of the same in the forecast.

There are so many opinions about coffee at the office that we have three coffee machines.  ::)I bring my own, since the coffee hasn't even been started when I leave.

Don't worry, Ed.  This thread is confusing at times.  It's all the old farts.  Wink

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #139 on: June 29, 2017, 02:29:40 pm »

I'm afraid that the thread doesn't have a thread. Seems to wander around abit. Part weather report, part situation report. Remember I'm an old fart and confuse easily. Sometimes it's all I can do to get through a 20 rd pistol, 10 rifle and 8 sg WB stage without a couple of p's.

You think the thread is odd? Why is that?

Sponsored by Folgers

You can look back 10 years in archives - many have gone iff to greener pastures. But thread has really never changed. Post what you want.

They do and don't ever forget that.  Often called Turkish coffee and made in an ibrik. 

There go using 25 cent words again and at least thee if them are swear words..

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #140 on: June 29, 2017, 02:31:30 pm »

Rained earlier 83 °...... field trip tomorrow , news at  6

Turn your Head and Cough, Kid  Wink

Been that way all week for me

Joshua 1.9

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #141 on: June 29, 2017, 02:59:30 pm »

I just reread my post, and I have no idear where Hungarian coffee came from, because I know it was Turkish I meant. I must be thinking about my new Doc, she's from Hungary. Huh

El Peludo
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2017, 04:24:49 pm »

Cap'n Quirk and Baltimore Ed, we're just a bunch of long timers sitting around the virtual pot belly stove drinkin' virtual coffee and tea.  This thread has always put me in mind of that old country general mercantile place , one I knew in Oregon, another in Tennessee, and one was a gun store in Anaheim California - familiar faces, like mind, for the most part, and common interests.  Drag up a seat and have a cuppa, don't talk politics or religion, just kick back and enjoy the companionship.

El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2017, 05:36:54 pm »

Well, why didn't you say that before El Peludo. Now I see the thread in the thread. Is this seat taken? Just would like to say that since ive retired I've really enjoyed hanging out with you guys at Cas City. If you've got a question or problem you'll get 25 answers. Most are dead on and some are for fun. I hope that my contributions to the forum are a little help or at least get a laugh. I'll take another cup. Thanks.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2017, 06:07:15 pm »

Cap'n Quirk and Baltimore Ed, we're just a bunch of long timers sitting around the virtual pot belly stove drinkin' virtual coffee and tea.  This thread has always put me in mind of that old country general mercantile place , one I knew in Oregon, another in Tennessee, and one was a gun store in Anaheim California - familiar faces, like mind, for the most part, and common interests.  Drag up a seat and have a cuppa, don't talk politics or religion, just kick back and enjoy the companionship.
Hey, I'm right in step with y'all, but don't expect me to spout the weather. I usually don't have a clue what the temperature is (Unless it is either dang hot or freaking cold), or how hard the wind is blowing... unless the pines surrounding the cabin are bent. But, I do know my coffee pretty well. I have a small collection of close to 40 coffee and espresso pots, and likely close to 200 mugs. I can also spin a yarn with the best.

And, by the way, the espresso es caliente y con leche Smiley

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2017, 11:49:23 pm »

Why would you drink milk in coffee, next thing you be drivin' a Prius.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2017, 11:52:02 pm »

For those wanting regular coffee. 

* c1877b6b_108613.jpg (85.91 KB, 300x328 - viewed 20 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2017, 03:53:24 am »

Why would you drink milk in coffee, next thing you be drivin' a Prius.

Because I'm old, and have overly abused my belly over the years. Not often, but once in a while, a little milk don't hurt.

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2017, 06:34:25 am »

Field trip was a successful scout.
I drove over to Auburndale, Fl. to Precision Machine Inc. to view the operation of a CNC router.
Toured their showroom with attention to this unit. Dealer took us to a local BBQ ....wondrous Brisket 

I have another Manufacturer's make to evaluate , in Orange Co. Calif.  I'll be checking that one out in Aug.
These are serious money and major production up grade so I'm taking a well informed customer approach.
However, I was truly impressed by this Anderson machine.

* 20170629_111759_HDR_resized.jpg (84.4 KB, 664x374 - viewed 18 times.)
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2017, 07:04:58 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

Heavy dew. Fog in the creek bottom.
'Tis 63 and mostly sunny. "Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: There are June bugs in my coffee again this year too « previous next »
Jump to: