Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 07:20:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt SAA Clones (Moderators: RRio, Gen Lew Wallace, Hoof Hearted)  |  Topic: Uberti "Gunfighter .45" question... 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Uberti "Gunfighter .45" question...  (Read 6293 times)
pinto beans
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2017, 05:26:28 pm »

Greetings All,

Been reading about the changes in Uberti single actions discussed here in this thread.  Always thought having a Uberti Cattleman to enjoy would be great fun, but with a Ruger Vaquero in .45 Colt, just never really stopped to get one until reading here.  Well sometimes things do come to pass.  Found a brand new, Taylor and Co. Uberti Cattleman in .45 Colt with 7 1/2" barrel - a combination I have wanted for a long time.  My wonderful Wife blessed the purchase, so with the minister of finance approval the pic below is of the new single action.   4 Clicks, firing pin on hammer, barrel length that was desired - yep, I am a happy camper!!  It will be a little while till I get some time to head to the farm to try it out, but it makes a perfect stablemate to the Ruger Vaquero! 

* uberti cattleman (2).jpg (294.71 KB, 1280x960 - viewed 74 times.)
Jake C
Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2017, 07:28:28 am »

I think the story changes depending on who you talk to and when.  But the person there I deal with that seems to be on top of things the best sent me an email today stating "The old models will not ever have the new safety hammer."  That is encouraging to me, since I don't like the Pre-War frame anyway.  Of course, this could change in the future.  Good news is that the OMs still shipping are as they were.

Thank God. The Old Model frames are definitely my favorite.

Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt SAA Clones (Moderators: RRio, Gen Lew Wallace, Hoof Hearted)  |  Topic: Uberti "Gunfighter .45" question... « previous next »
Jump to: