Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 07:22:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt SAA Clones (Moderators: RRio, Gen Lew Wallace, Hoof Hearted)  |  Topic: Need some Uberti Cattleman dimensions please? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Need some Uberti Cattleman dimensions please?  (Read 692 times)
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« on: May 14, 2017, 07:31:51 pm »

I've been asked to make a holster for an Uberti Cattleman in .45LC. Unfortunately, this dummy got the wrong dummy gun. His pistol has a 5 1/2" barrel, I got the 7". To make things even shakier, I'm not sure if it is truly a .45LC.

Could somebody give me the length of the cylinder, and the length of the ejector rod, measured as if you were measuring the barrel?

Many thanks in advance.

Abilene
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 09:04:15 pm »

The caliber doesn't matter to the dimensions.  All calibers are the same dimensions on the outside (just different sized holes in them).  The ejector rod is the same on the 4 3/4", 5 1/2", and 7 1/2" barrels. 

Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2017, 09:37:02 pm »

Well, the width of the cylinder is only slightly important, but the length of the cylinder will make a difference when I'm making the pattern and molding the holster. If my dummy is for short rounds, then it throws off the fit. But thanks for the info on the ejector. If it is too long or too short when making the holster, that would also affect the final fit. I like my holsters to fit like a glove when possible, not too tight, not too loose. So, thank you.

Abilene
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 10:40:30 pm »

All the dimensions are the same.  Cylinder as well.

Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2017, 01:37:43 am »

And the ejector rod is 4 3/4 for all.
Capt Quirk
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2017, 08:09:16 am »

Thanks for all your help! When I have a finished holster, you know I'll post pics Wink

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt SAA Clones (Moderators: RRio, Gen Lew Wallace, Hoof Hearted)  |  Topic: Need some Uberti Cattleman dimensions please? « previous next »
Jump to: