Author Topic: Shot my first match today  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Ben Beam

• SASS Affiliated Merchant (#105892)
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Ben Beam & Co. -- Old West Ephemera
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shot my first match today
« on: May 07, 2017, 08:42:44 PM »
Attended my first match today out in the plains of Colorado (couldn't help but think about the once vast Comanche empire), thanks to the excellent Sand Creek Raiders. They had a new shooter meet, and provided a cornucopia of firearms and a plethora of ammunition. Had a great turnout, and everyone was very welcoming and helpful. I couldn't have asked for a better day...passed an honest to God herd of bison on the way in, and a ring neck pheasant on the way out. Also got one of those amazing thunderstorms you only see on the plains, although it was nice enough to wait until pretty much everyone had shot a stage.

Thanks to everyone here as well--due to al of the reading and research I did here, when I showed up a number of people assumed I was a regular, and a few were asking me for help (I did my best).

Anyway, it's a long way of saying I had a wonderful time and hope to keep participating for a long while. I'll have a SASS number and handle registered soon. Thanks, everybody!
Ben Beam & Co. -- Bringing You a New Old West -- Reproduction Old West Ephemera for re-enactors, living historians, set dressing, chuckwagons, props, or just for fun!
http://www.BenBeam.com

Offline Silver_Rings

• Top Active Citizen
  • Gunfighter who shoots for fun.
  • Liked:
Re: Shot my first match today
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 09:07:46 PM »
I'm glad you had a good time at your first match and may you have many more.

Silver Rings
Gunfighter, SASS 27466, NRA Life, GOFWG, BOSS, RO 1, RO 2

Offline El Peludo

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 07:47:34 PM »
Glad you had a good day of it, and hope you enjoy the game for a long time. For me, and maybe for a lot of folks, my first match was kind of like some first dates: you'll always remember it.  Hard to believe it was almost thirty years ago; I was forced into retirement in '03, but I never lost my fondness for the memories of the years I did play.
El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:21:25 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com