Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 04:24:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: I'll be your huckleberry 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I'll be your huckleberry  (Read 265 times)
DocDillinger
Citizen

« on: May 03, 2017, 11:31:16 am »

Howdy y'all,

I'm excited to be taking the plunge and easing into our sport like easing into a nice glass of whiskey after a long day of riding and roping. My name, I guess is a mash up of what I'm working on for stage names, around these parts I'm DocDillinger, Doc as in Doc Holiday, and Dillinger as in John Dillinger; a name for CAS and a name for Zoot as one can never have too many reasons to go get on out and go shoot!

Hard to say what one thing drew me into the sport, I remember the first time learning about it was after reading Bryce Towsley's article in American Rifleman on 3 gun shooting, and I discovered the multi-gun sport that started it all. I love single actions, lever actions, and break actions most of them are the guns I grew up learning how to shoot as a youngin, and I've thought out and priced out a load out that I look forward to saving up for when I land my first job post college (long search, trust me). I also like how the sport is a costuming sport, I love dressing well in real life and would love to do it in sport too.

As far as influences, it would be the movies for me, I've been watching The Duke, Jimmy Stewart since before I could walk. The 1990's Tombstone is also a favorite of mine. I also enjoy myself a good gangster film such as Jimmy Cagney's Roaring 20's, or The Untouchables. I also just ordered the book Live by Night.

Anyways, just wanted to step on in and say howdy!
Ben Beam
SASS Affiliated Merchant (#105892)
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 12:15:19 pm »

Welcome! As a Doc Holliday fan myself I also enjoyed Tombstone. Movies about Wyatt Earp have been done to death, we need a good movie about Doc Holliday.

Ben Beam & Co. -- Bringing You a New Old West -- Reproduction Old West Ephemera for re-enactors, living historians, set dressing, chuckwagons, props, or just for fun!
http://www.BenBeam.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: I'll be your huckleberry « previous next »
Jump to: