Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 10:20:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: May just be time for coffee. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: May just be time for coffee.  (Read 9985 times)
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2017, 10:57:33 pm »

Evening all.  I'll toss some wood on for the night folks.

City trip was okay today.  I took my truck so that I could bring my brother home from church while our parents went to a wedding. 

The weather this week was weird.  Monday I scraped ice off the windshield before work, and Friday broke 100(!).  Next week is supposed to be back down around 80.  Roll Eyes

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2017, 05:18:49 am »

Sitting here drink'n Dunkin ( Donut brand coffee)   Smiley

Yesterday  Roll Eyes was a bad news day ....One of my Carpenter crew , was taken to the Hospital with  heavy breathing issues & chest pain....
EKG so far showed no cardiac infraction ...but they are admitting him at least over night.
Another called, and said he went down on his Motorcycle , he was taken to the ER and released with nothing broken , he say's he has road rash on his back , shoulder, and elbow ( he wears a helmet ) and will miss a day or two.

The Cool snap we enjoyed over the weekend,  will end today (59° right now ) as we should reach 91° .... Thursday guessers say 98°   Shocked
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 07:09:14 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 30 and sunny. High of 57.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 07:53:42 am »

When it rains, it pours, right Major? Roll Eyes  Sounds like my Friday.  Everything broke. Grin

Morning all. 

Supposed to be sunny and warm here again.  I'll probably take the dog to a pond to cool her off. 

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2017, 07:03:08 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 44 and overcast. "Cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the morning  then partly sunny in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 50s. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2017, 07:58:26 am »

Morning all.

Nothing exciting in my neck of the woods.  When I get back from work, I'm probably going to take the dog for a walk, then tune my bow up a little better.  I got a new set of limbs for it, and I haven't gotten around to tuning it up yet.  I have to be ready for deer season in August, you know.  Roll Eyes

--TK

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2017, 07:26:21 pm »

I just put these on lay-a-way at the local "toy" store.

Got a good deal on 'em.

Slim

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2017, 07:09:22 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 46 and partly cloudy. "Warmer. Mostly cloudy. Showers likely in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2017, 07:21:38 am »

I just put these on lay-a-way at the local "toy" store.

Got a good deal on 'em.

Slim

Is the 1910 a tip up or slide action? 

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2017, 07:57:23 am »

You're makin' me jealous again, Slim.

Morning all.

I'm not sure what the forecast is for today.  I've heard both rain and sun, and it looks like it could go either way outside right now.

I've got to make a city trip tomorrow.  I have a paycheck that needs depositing, and I want to pick up a China-Mart 4-16x scope to put in the quick detach mount I got yesterday.  It was a blem part, so I got it for 55% off.  Roll Eyes  I need another one so I can switch between my 1x and 16x scope on my 223s.

--TK

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2017, 10:54:44 am »

Nice find, Slim!  Will we be seeing these at the Grand Muster?

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2017, 01:21:40 pm »

They are both slide actions.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2017, 06:20:23 pm »

They are both slide actions.
What he said.  Wink

Nice find, Slim!  Will we be seeing these at the Grand Muster?
Yes.

Slim

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2017, 07:14:56 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 50 and sunny with some fog. "Mostly cloudy. Areas of fog in the morning. A chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 60s. Light and variable wind. Chance of rain 30 percent."

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2017, 07:47:51 am »

Morning all. 

City trip today.  Weather is cooled off a little.  It's only supposed to reach 90 down there today.  Roll Eyes

--TK

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2017, 08:00:55 am »

Thanks for the coffee...I needed it.  Stayed up late last night.  I made a canvas garment that was a mock-up for sizing.  It looked so good, I decided to finish it out.  Well...I learned a lesson or two...it came apart at the seams as my stitching wasn't correct.  Of course, it didn't do this until I was completely finished!  There is no salvaging the garment, but at least I know the size I need, and more about stitching (note...I don't sew, I stitch....women sew). 

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2017, 05:29:12 pm »

Partly Cloudy 100°  66°  Shocked

We hit 100°   May 11   Holly 100° BATMAN.... but Humidity @ 19% that is the shocker !

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #42 on: May 11, 2017, 05:29:57 pm »

What he said.  Wink
Yes.

Slim

Very interesting

Had 97 yesterday i think it might have got to 90 tkday. Been up to Ft Payne

* IMG_8437.JPG (21.65 KB, 307x271 - viewed 38 times.)

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2017, 05:39:50 pm »

New nafta rules can not get here fast enough

* IMG_8438.PNG (66.55 KB, 640x610 - viewed 46 times.)

Joshua 1.9

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2017, 07:31:22 pm »

I'm not a butcher( and don't play one on TV), but I'm pretty sure US beef doesn't have any chicken cuts! Maybe Canadian cows are different?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2017, 04:06:36 am »

I'm not a butcher( and don't play one on TV), but I'm pretty sure US beef doesn't have any chicken cuts! Maybe Canadian cows are different?

Will have to ask Jack in June.   

So why am I up baking at 4 am, long story, will tell you later.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #46 on: May 12, 2017, 07:54:31 am »

Morning all.

City trip went well.  I got stuck in traffic and didn't make it where I wanted, but that turned out to be okay, since they didn't have what I was looking for. Undecided

Going to work today, then taking the dog out for a long walk.  Beyond that, I don't know what I'm doing.  Maybe shoot some 556 at 300 yards. Roll Eyes

--TK

Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: May 12, 2017, 12:42:50 pm »

Very interesting

Had 97 yesterday i think it might have got to 90 tkday. Been up to Ft Payne

There you are rooster. All you wanted to know about the 1910/1914/1934 Mauser and were afraid to ask.  Roll Eyes

That might be of interest to you too Slim. Grin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HMc1UsuyZ0c
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: May 12, 2017, 01:44:37 pm »

I hate these dang kids that can't show up on time, can't set an alarm, can't hear a phone ring or any of that stuff.    Angry

Was getting ready for bed and got a help call from the boss, kid finally came in almost 3 hours late, fear in his eyes, blunt and to the point I told him floors and counters were clean and he better put his arse to stocking as much as could go out cause Jake and I have a truck coming in about 6 and Friday is our busiest night and we ain't gonna be happy if he ain't done poop.  But I didn't say poop. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2017, 09:13:38 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Working on the shed floor today.

'Tis 63 and cloudy. "Partly sunny. Isolated showers in the morning. Highs in the middle 70s. West wind 10 to 15 mph."

Slim

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: May just be time for coffee. « previous next »
Jump to: