Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 07:16:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  1911 & Wild Bunch Shooting (Moderators: Jefro, August)  |  Topic: Cylinder and Slide's .45 version of the 1908 hammerless 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cylinder and Slide's .45 version of the 1908 hammerless  (Read 1108 times)
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« on: April 23, 2017, 09:07:45 am »

Got a real treat yesterday at our WASA club's monthly shoot. A fellow shooter pulled one of these Cylinder and Slide beauts out of a gun rug. He had ordered it 2 years ago! Talk about unobtanium. With the sights and other upgrades, just south of 5 grand. You bet I got in the line to play with it during our lunch break. A super trigger with high vis front and rear sjghts. We were shooting the rifle targets with no problem. With the reshaping of the frame and slide it has a totally unique feel than any 1911 I've shot. I would have gotten the traditional sights just for the look but it sure is a nice pistol. I will say that it's not the most expensive handgun that I've had the pleasure to shoot. Some years ago I got to shoot a Webley Fosbery that I could have had for a mere 8 grand. Ain't guns fun!

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Niederlander
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 02:25:46 pm »

Shot an original 1905 in .45 ACP once, but never that one.  Sounds like fun!

"There go those Nebraskans, and all hell couldn't stop them!"
Tascosa Joe
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2017, 03:48:36 pm »

I went on line and looked at the pictures.  C&S modifications of the 1908 make it the perfect pocket pistol except for the price.  I would guess since it is  in .45 ACP it probably grew a bit.

NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life,
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 09:05:31 am »

I don't know about it being a 'pocket' pistol unless your pockets are Captain Kangaroo sized.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 09:10:23 pm »

Here's a pix of the critter. It's a honey.

* image.jpeg (192.39 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 73 times.)

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Galen
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 11:04:41 pm »

Great looking gun! Anyone purchase one?
Dusty Boddams
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 12:30:32 pm »

Isn't the frame a 1911 and the slide has been converted thru a bunch of work to a internal hammer? So it's a full size govt. model built to look and function like a 1908/03? Incredible amount of work to engineer this and make it actually work.  You're lucky to get to handle one let alone shoot it! Dusty Boddams
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  1911 & Wild Bunch Shooting (Moderators: Jefro, August)  |  Topic: Cylinder and Slide's .45 version of the 1908 hammerless « previous next »
Jump to: