Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 10:08:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  1911 & Wild Bunch Shooting (Moderators: Jefro, August)  |  Topic: Lewis Gun knockoff build 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lewis Gun knockoff build  (Read 1169 times)
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« on: April 21, 2017, 02:11:27 pm »

Completed my knockoff Lewis Gun today. Actually it's a rebuild of one that I built for a shoot I ran  that was based on the great film The Professionals. I used my wife's Marlin .45 carbine and built 2 hardwood blocks that clamp around the bbl and mag tube. The pvc tube fits around them and is screwed to them. I didn't modify the carbine except to remove the rear sight and forarm. The front block jams against the forarm tenon and the rear block jams against the receiver. I plan on dressing as the Lee Marvin character and will carry my 1911, Colt  DA, 1897 trench gun and the Lewis. Ought to be fun. I've been having a heck of a time trying to post photos. Will try again.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Jake C
Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 02:23:09 pm »

I am so excited to see pictures of this. It sounds as cool as can be!  Grin

Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 12:16:20 pm »

Here it is.

* image.jpeg (110.2 KB, 768x1024 - viewed 110 times.)

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 12:17:43 pm »

Again. I shot it at my clubs match last Saturday and shot it clean. I'll probably tinker around with it some more before I'm done.

* image.jpeg (80.93 KB, 807x316 - viewed 91 times.)

"Give'em hell, Pike"
PJ Hardtack
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 02:46:16 pm »

Love it! Well done. How 'bout going for a MkII version using a .45 Glock. Best use I can think of for a Glock besides a paper weight.

"The Professionals" - one of my favourite movies, after "The Wild Bunch". A couple of lines I remember:

Bad guy to Lee Marvin - "You're a real bastard!" Marvin to bad guy - "Yes Sir. In my case, an accident of birth. In yours, you're a self made man."

"There is only one revolution my friend -- the good guys versus the bad guys. The question is - who are the good guys?"

Burt Lancaster to one of the crew.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 03:04:25 pm »

I've always liked the line that Burt says to Lee Marvin when they figure it out. "Amigo, we've been had". I just hope it won't apply to last Novembers shenanigans.

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Dusty Boddams
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2017, 07:25:17 pm »

Bonafide cool! Dusty Boddams
PJ Hardtack
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 10:43:19 am »

Can you post a video of the gun in action? Maybe some stills?

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
Baltimore Ed
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 02:17:12 pm »

Here's another couple photos. I think that before I'm done with it I'll build a correct looking buttstock. The front sight was a brass acorn nut that I reshaped. I just played with the height of the 1/4 in all thread for the elevation and the top cover of the pan magazine where the rear sight is mounted turns which is how I adjusted the windage. Must work cause I shot clean with it. Only had one miss with my .38 New Service Colt.

* image.jpeg (219.28 KB, 960x720 - viewed 87 times.)

* image.jpeg (93.39 KB, 381x751 - viewed 49 times.)

"Give'em hell, Pike"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  1911 & Wild Bunch Shooting (Moderators: Jefro, August)  |  Topic: Lewis Gun knockoff build « previous next »
Jump to: