Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 03:59:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: WTB: Original Winchester 45/60 casing 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WTB: Original Winchester 45/60 casing  (Read 527 times)
Black River Smith
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« on: April 16, 2017, 10:31:13 pm »

I could not get this request to work in the classified section, so I will try here.

I would like to acquire one good condition, empty Winchester stamped, 45/60 casing.  This has to have the correct 0.629/0.63 rim diameter.  I want to use this just to check the function of an 1876 repro.

I cannot seem to get the time, to get to a local gunshow, to look for a casing.

If you have a piece of this brass that you would like to sell, PM the price and see if we can make a deal.

Thank you,
BRS

Black River Smith
King Medallion
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 11:54:36 pm »

You can get modern 45-60 brass from Jamison, properly size dementions, and headstamped that will work perfectly in your repo rifle.
Black River Smith
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2017, 09:33:47 am »

King,

The specs listed for the Jamison brass show a rim diameter of only 0.62 not the original 0.629.  See link below and look below pictured brass.  Also, they call that 0.62 a maximum.

http://www.captechintl.com/proddetail.php?prod=4560WIN20pcs

Thanks anyway.

Black River Smith
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1876 (Moderator: Grizzly Adams)  |  Topic: WTB: Original Winchester 45/60 casing « previous next »
Jump to: