Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 04:07:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Cas City Historical Society (Moderators: St. George, Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Bridgeport Rig in TV Show 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Bridgeport Rig in TV Show  (Read 548 times)
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

With Cheyenne Luke

« on: April 16, 2017, 05:05:05 pm »

I couldn't figure out the best forum for this one, but I found it historically interesting.

I watched an episode of "Have Gun Will Travel" that (in part) centered around a guy who thought of himself as a fast draw because of his Bridgeport Rig.  I know that they have appeared in movies and TV shows in the past, but not that often.

Also, Ken Curtis guest stars prior to his "Gunsmoke" appearances.  He apparently also appeared in additional HGWT episodes as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc_pOioAvQk

Kind of interesting.

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573
Buck Stinson
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 08:22:01 pm »

The clip on Bob Wilke's belt is a home made version  of a Bridgeport clip.  The original Bridgeport is quite different. It is however, very interesting to see something like this on such an old TV western.
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

With Cheyenne Luke

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 08:31:35 pm »

Thanks, Buck. I'll have to look more closely next time.  I thought that it was kind of interesting.

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Cas City Historical Society (Moderators: St. George, Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: Bridgeport Rig in TV Show « previous next »
Jump to: