Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 04:40:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1892 (Moderator: Isom)  |  Topic: "The Rifleman" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Rifleman"  (Read 1827 times)
PJ Hardtack
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« on: April 04, 2017, 06:21:32 pm »

Caught an episode of "The "Rifleman" t'other day .....

He was giving a shooting lesson to a young man and you saw him backing off the set screw in the lever before handing the carbine to him.

Don't recall seeing him doing that very often.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

With Cheyenne Luke

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 06:38:41 pm »

That's interesting.  Do you recall the episode name?

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573
PJ Hardtack
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 10:50:45 am »

No, I came in late. The story line was about a young kid who thought the banker had caused the death of his father to get his land. The boy was on a vendetta to avenge his father.

Lucas knew the truth was that the banker had bought out the mortgage to give to the boy.

Every episode was a morality play - truth and honour always prevailing against evil. You know, just like real life.

I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

With Cheyenne Luke

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2017, 12:35:44 pm »

I was a fan of the show as a young child and I still enjoy watching it occasionally.  It seemed to try to strike a balance between "adult" and "child" western shows of the time, maybe trying to get a wider audience.  I have stronger favorites with other westerns, but I appreciate "The Rifleman" enough to watch them periodically.  Some episodes were very well done with great actors, writers and directors early in their careers.  The episode called "The Marshal", introducing Paul Fix as Micah Torrence was co-written and directed by Sam Peckinpah and included in the cast was James Drury, R.G. Armstrong and Warren Oates, among others.  Some of the characters seemed to be precursors of "The Wild Bunch".

I'll see if I can track that episode down.  Thanks!

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

With Cheyenne Luke

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2017, 10:45:48 pm »

It looks like season one, episode 39, "Boomerang".  https://youtu.be/WHdt0bm9-TA

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573
44 centerfire
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 06:29:40 am »

Looks like you scroll over to 9:30 on the you tube video to find McCain screwing a screw in on the lever......hahahaha

44 centerfire

PJ Hardtack
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 06:37:58 pm »

More likely backing it out so it wouldn't trip the trigger on operating the lever.

Isom
Deputy Marshal
Active citizen

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 10:44:57 am »

It's funny the things you look at for years but never "see". Just found out a few years ago like : Chuck Conners was a lefty,, James Arness limped from a WWII wound ,,,D-Day I think,,, BB King couldn't play and sing at the same time,,, his statement. I won't even go into songs from the 50-60's that I'm going ,,, " oh,,, that's what they're saying ". My world is just crashing ! Smiley But I know I'm not the only one.  Cheesy
Isom
PJ Hardtack
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 10:51:38 am »

For a lefty, he does one hell of a job operating a '92 as a right hander.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  The Winchester Model 1892 (Moderator: Isom)  |  Topic: "The Rifleman" « previous next »
Jump to: