Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 07:54:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: April showers bring flooded basements,Might as well drink Cawfee,Tea Etc. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: April showers bring flooded basements,Might as well drink Cawfee,Tea Etc.  (Read 11032 times)
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2017, 06:45:45 pm »

A link for Scattered Thumbs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CxgF79aGZg

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017, 11:55:28 am »

Coffee is hot.

Another day in the low 60’s today.  The Truckee’s finally starting to drop a little.  They will probably start releasing water from some of the upstream reservoirs soon, in prep for the Spring snow melt runoff as the weather warms up.   

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2017, 06:46:46 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 31 and overcast. "Cooler. Cloudy. A chance of light rain in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 40s. Northeast wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2017, 07:54:25 am »

Morning all.

Sunny and 70 is the forecast here.  Same thing yesterday, and that's what we got. 

In other news, I'm pretty well stuck at home for the next couple of weeks.  The dog went into heat again yesterday, and we already have 'callers' in the yard.  And I don't know 'bout you, but i don't want to be out there when the 80lb lab and 65lb boxer/pit are both in the yard in that mood.  Shocked

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2017, 08:39:18 am »

Continuing to suffer from beautiful days here on the coastal plains....suffering, because I have a desk job (for the most part)!
I'll get out after lunch and take a walk.

Be safe....

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2017, 01:09:31 pm »

Started out with some sun early, then went to clouds on the trip to Girard for a mandatory meeting( drug and OHSA related). Sun's out here again temp is high 40's Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2017, 12:08:19 am »

I'm sitting in my pickup by the front door at work on overtime watching the floor crew do he floors and telling people we are closed.

Had the FD out for a fuel spill about 9:30.  Boss and I had to sweep up at 200 pounds of kitty litter.  Got to push the big red button. Roll Eyes FD has to stop and approve opening the fuel island.  Going to be a 12 hour day, all ot.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2017, 04:55:26 am »

Coffee's up, - posta have Thunderstorms with a high of 77 ° and a 100% chance of precipitation.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2017, 05:10:53 am »

Don't want none, just had supper, 13 hours today.  Get tomorrow off, was supposed to do a 2 HR shift but Jake said he'd come in early.  Had a fuel spill, had Haz Mat out.  Boss and I ended up sweeping up 240 pounds of hi dri. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2017, 05:15:03 am »

Forgot I already posted that. Roll Eyes

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2017, 06:59:46 am »

Morning y'all.

'Tis 32 and cloudy. High of 47.

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2017, 07:57:26 am »

Morning all.

Well, we went from 70 degrees and sunny, to 55 with 2" of rain forecast for today and tomorrow. Undecided  Up to 6 " of white stuff over 5000 feet, too.

I did get a new knife, though.  A Kershaw Brawler.  I found it on the ground, and now I take it to work.  Roll Eyes

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2017, 12:04:26 pm »

50's here, and raining. Temps are supposed to drop overnight, and we're supposed to get a dusting of the evil white stuff Tongue Roll Eyes

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2017, 07:03:39 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 28 and sunny. High of 53.

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: April 07, 2017, 07:24:04 am »

Morning all.

We're still raining here.  We're at 1.6" so far, and the clouds aren't supposed to vacate the area until Sunday or Monday.  The higher parts of the highways are being plowed, too.   And the wind.  It's pretty steady around 5 mph, but it gusts high enough to have us worried about the windows.

--TK

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2017, 07:31:19 pm »

We got the evil white stuff as advertised, temps in the 30's. Didn't stick to the roads, though, luckily Tongue

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2017, 09:39:19 pm »

Evening y'all.
Put in 12.75 hours at verk today. In the middle of implementing new phone system. Going in tomorrow afternoon to finish.
Be verking Sunday which is the monthly systems outage.

Slim

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2017, 12:59:57 am »

Was 79F here, only did 8 1/4 today, scheduled for 47 this week, we'll see how that works out, will be close to 50 I bet. Roll Eyes

Day off did me good.   

Saw the one PT gal at the store tonight after work, she's over night manager there.  She stopped in Thursday about 3:30 am to see why the pumps were taped.  Told me I looked like S***, told me it was good I had a day off. Grin   Oh well cost the company $1100 dollars for the mess, guess they eat it or check the video to see who did it.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2017, 04:46:02 am »

Amoco Quik Mart , had a blaze yesterday,  somebody pulled out with filler hose still in ....big flames.
 It was the day for fire, another car went up on the 408
 http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/traffic/os-state-road-408-i4-vehicle-fire-20170322-story.html

and two houses.... http://www.clickorlando.com/news/2-house-fires-ignite-in-osceola-county
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2017, 10:49:59 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

I'll finish my breakfast and then off to verk.

'Tis 56 and sunny. High of 65.

Slim

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2017, 03:05:41 pm »

Sunny here as well, temps in the upper 50's Roll Eyes

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2017, 03:30:48 pm »

77 here, turned the air on a bit, pollen bothers Rita.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2017, 03:33:52 pm »

Also smokey here, controlled burns south in the Flint Hills and smoke came up here.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2017, 06:22:57 pm »

Pollen is starting up here,too,Del. Wife is allergic to dandelions, she's already coughing and sniffling Tongue Roll Eyes

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2017, 07:42:44 pm »

Verked 5 hours. Made good progress.

Slim

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: April showers bring flooded basements,Might as well drink Cawfee,Tea Etc. « previous next »
Jump to: