Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 10:34:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: April showers bring flooded basements,Might as well drink Cawfee,Tea Etc. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: April showers bring flooded basements,Might as well drink Cawfee,Tea Etc.  (Read 11004 times)
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #150 on: April 25, 2017, 06:24:21 am »

Woke up to rain. Supposed to quit in about two hours, temps in the early 50's Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #151 on: April 25, 2017, 07:08:25 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 46 and sunny. "Partly cloudy in the morning  then mostly cloudy with a slight chance of showers in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #152 on: April 25, 2017, 07:50:53 am »

Morning all.

Supposed to be a clearer day today, but we'll see.  I have to go to the city today for some shopping, and my sister has a dentist appointment down there.  I should survive...

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #153 on: April 25, 2017, 02:15:22 pm »

Rain here for the next couple of days,Mowed the lawn for the 2nd time last night.I figured if I didn't I'd have to rent some goats to get it low enough to mow.

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #154 on: April 25, 2017, 06:15:45 pm »

I can relate,Major. Been meaning to get mine down, but the last two days have been hard on my feet and legs Tongue Undecided

Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2017, 10:15:24 am »

Coffee and other beverages are ready!

Getting ready for tomorrow’s getaway to Atlanta for the NRA Annual Meetings.  Been working on some health issues so I’d be okay to make the trip.  Looks like everything is under control.

Put down another coat of Milorganite fertilizer on the lawn yesterday and tested the sprinkler system.  Got a couple sprinkler heads to replace when I get back. 

Looks like a good trip in the offing.

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2017, 05:34:55 pm »

Coffee and other beverages are ready!

Getting ready for tomorrow’s getaway to Atlanta for the NRA Annual Meetings.  Been working on some health issues so I’d be okay to make the trip.  Looks like everything is under control.

Put down another coat of Milorganite fertilizer on the lawn yesterday and tested the sprinkler system.  Got a couple sprinkler heads to replace when I get back. 

Looks like a good trip in the offing.

Only 2 hours away. However my health wouldn't allow for such all day affair.
I see Donald will speak Friday there.

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2017, 09:49:55 pm »

Evening all.

Nothing much on this side of the Sierras.  Alternating rain and sun, high around 60 and winds of 15mph +. 

I made a stew for dinner.  Simple, but it's better than being hungry.  Just some beef and potatoes tossed in the wannabe dutch oven, aka the crock pot, for about 7 hours.  Came out okay, though a little bland.  Next time I'll add some more potatoes and maybe some carrots and celery if I have some. Roll Eyes  Maybe even some biscuits.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2017, 05:18:15 am »

TK
use Campbell's French Onion & Beef broth soups instead of all water.

Still Dry as a bone...no rain even the extended forecasts  Shocked
Alligators are turning into luggage all on their own....

Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2017, 05:52:05 am »

Well the fire is banked, the pots prepped and on the sid, ready to go.

Bags are packed, time to mosey off to the airport and head off into the sunrise.  Course the sun an’t ready to rise quite yet!  Still O-dark-thirty outside!

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2017, 05:54:12 am »

TK, you need some onions in there to make some flavor.
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2017, 06:06:32 am »

Cue the sink holes,M2 Shocked

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2017, 07:06:04 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 38 and raining. "Much colder. Rain. Light snow also possible. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Highs in the lower 40s. West wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2017, 07:04:49 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 33 and cloudy. "Not as cool. Partly sunny. A chance of sprinkles and drizzle in the morning  then a slight chance of light rain in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 50s. West wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #164 on: April 28, 2017, 08:08:26 am »

Morning all.

Weather is forecast for sunny with a high near 70, winds of 15mph.   Undecided

I have a city trip today. My sister's high school is getting a tour of Shasta Dam and the associated power plant, as well as the Shasta Caverns.  I'm going for some reason, apparently.  I haven't been told the reason, only that there is one.

--TK

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #165 on: April 29, 2017, 05:13:31 am »

Coffee fail !  

sitting here with weak mug of ....brown warm water, not sure what happened, to the Keurig,
I made it in the dark, so I may have done something  Huh different....

should be dark Dunkin Donut roast....  it's now 5 minutes later, and I dumped the first mug out, turned on the light
reloaded the Keurig and this time my coffee is fine...I know I put a new cartridge in and check to see if a decaf was slipped in on me  Roll Eyes
Oh well, another, earthly mystery for me to ponded.

Glass Skulls, Stonehenge and my cup of weak JO  April 30, 2017 ....

In other news, on the way to work yesterday, I'm tooling along , slowed and entered a left turn lane to the on ramp  of Florida's
Turnpike..... Engine shut off, just like that    ....Check Engine light  and Digital screen say's consult Owner's manual...

Yeah , right there with other's trying to turn, stacking up behind me ...read the owners manual  Roll Eyes  rrrightttt !
Try to restart, NADA Oh ! wait needs to be in PARK and the brake fully depressed ... OK
Yea ! it starts..... but have no go.....it will do maybe 15-20 MPH that's it....
So I have enough zip to get out of traffic and on a safe shoulder on the side of the street....

Understand , this is 2017 Edge , Call the Dealer ( before open hours Drat ) call back ....they say call Ford Roadside Assistance
They were great, pin point my location with GPS ...and I left it there, (Wife picked me up and ran me up to the Job 20 )
Ford Roadside Assistance, texts and then calls 4 times ...1. confirms I'm OK  and Helps is dispatched
then 2. Help will be there within 25 mins..... 3. Help is there, confirms Tag #  and finally 4. my car is at the dealer...

Dealer calls, they have it, and are looking into it....  Turns out to be the Throttle Body, seems my Edge is "drive by wire" ...
no mechanical linkage or cable .... electric sensor > foot pressure transmits to the loud peddle and then to the TB how much go I want ...via a Computer CPU. *

They replace the TB under warranty ( of course ) and it's ready by 1PM ....

Annoying as HELL, but can fault the service....

There is a built in program called "limp home mode " that will over ride automatically if the link fails,   and allow the car to drive ( slowly)
for safety sake ( kinda like a governor )

There is even a Code, that tells " that what it is.... so the Mechanic knows what to repair right away...  

still annoying as HELL .... I quit working on them when Carburetor's when the way of the Dodo bird.  

* My New Edge.jpg (91.35 KB, 640x400 - viewed 29 times.)
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #166 on: April 29, 2017, 09:14:56 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Working on the shed floor today.
Brought the trailer back from my father's. New oak bed. Found springs at the local salvage yard. They were from a '97 F150. Not exact what was on it, but it worked. It moved the axle an inch or 2 backwards. I'll post pictures later,

'Tis 43 and partly sunny. "Mostly sunny in the morning then becoming mostly cloudy. A slight chance of light rain in the afternoon. Highs around 50. Northeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #167 on: April 29, 2017, 11:52:01 am »

Morning all.

The joys of modern engineering, right Major? Roll Eyes  My brother and I are starting to work on our dad's old '77 Chevy.  Carbed 400ci  with forged internals and a racing cam.  It used to be in a Camaro, but now it's in a 1/2 ton.  Tongue  Kind of funny, though.  My brother went from a Minecraft nerd on Monday to a gear head on Wednesday.  I don't know what happened, but I'm not complaining.

I ended up not making a city trip yesterday.  Someone had to stay home to watch the escape artist labrador, and my dad couldn't because he had to travel for work.  So we stayed home and played fetch. Roll Eyes

--TK

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #168 on: April 29, 2017, 12:16:26 pm »

We're getting a bunch of rain today, thunder,too. Temps in the high 50's ,lower 60's Shocked Undecided

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #169 on: April 29, 2017, 04:15:00 pm »

Drizzle today, may turn to snow tomorrow. 

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #170 on: April 29, 2017, 06:29:41 pm »

Rain all day, varied from moderate showers to genuine toad strangler. No fun for delivering mail. Mail Blazer heater messed up, seems the "blend door actuator motor" has failed, so the only temp setting is-REAL COLD. So it's either drive with totally fogged over windows, or, use the defroster-which puts out only REAL COLD air.
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #171 on: April 30, 2017, 05:50:33 am »

Here it tiz.... dawn on the last day in April 2017 .....it's been an interesting Month ,  

Drought (in Florida ? ) less than .25 inch all month...  front yard is dead  Roll Eyes
I turned a year older (+11 days towards counting down to new Decade next year )
I'm now loading a brandy new Powder ( at least to me ) APP , after testing it out , I'm all  Smiley  ( WAS only )
Broke down in my brand new Car  Huh
Won a Glock in a drawing ( han't seen it yet though )  Undecided

Coffee's on,  best double check it though !
figured out what I did to yesterday's ...It took out the old cartridge from the Keurig , and  a new one out  of the storage bin
turned around to toss the old one.... but instead tossed the new unused and reinstalled the used one from the morning before.
Outcome ... Crap ....I blame the dark and early hour  Embarrassed 1/2 asleep stupor....

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #172 on: April 30, 2017, 08:09:26 am »

M2, we'd like to send down some of our rain clouds to you in Fl. Rained off and on most of the night here. Remains to be seen if we can go out to church later.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #173 on: April 30, 2017, 09:13:01 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 39 and mist. "Blustery. Cloudy. A chance of light rain in the morning  then light rain likely in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 40s. Northeast wind 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent. "

Slim

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #174 on: April 30, 2017, 09:18:19 am »

Results of morning reconnaissance: To the west, crossing the Wet Auglaize creek at Bobby Jones Slab, still impassable, although water appears to have gone down at least 4' from it's peak. To the north, Happy Holler slab, traffic passing through. To the east, Seven Springs slab passable, 4-6" water over slab. Church looks like a "go".
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: April showers bring flooded basements,Might as well drink Cawfee,Tea Etc. « previous next »
Jump to: