Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 21, 2017, 10:47:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: April showers bring flooded basements,Might as well drink Cawfee,Tea Etc. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: April showers bring flooded basements,Might as well drink Cawfee,Tea Etc.  (Read 11023 times)
Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« on: March 31, 2017, 11:12:52 pm »

1/4 of the year gone already,Time flies... Huh Huh Huh

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 01:27:35 am »

Important news flash.

* FB_IMG_1491027740491.jpg (58.89 KB, 648x1000 - viewed 57 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 01:48:19 am »

two months to repair   Huh ..... M.A.R.T.A  (Metro Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) has a contingency plan in place.

Still negotiating with Sandra Bullock     

* 246acbb99b5dc9c2eb4adb872f16591b.jpg (34.34 KB, 590x350 - viewed 44 times.)
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 06:24:26 am »

I've heard this might work also.

* FB_IMG_1491045736955.jpg (103.05 KB, 810x1440 - viewed 45 times.)

* FB_IMG_1491045736955.jpg (103.05 KB, 810x1440 - viewed 36 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 08:50:26 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 32 and sunny. High of 56.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 11:15:59 am »

Morning all.

Del, I laughed for a good five minutes at that first picture.   Roll Eyes

I'm off to the city today for the Nor Cal Sprotsman's Expo 2017.  I'm not 100% sure what it is, but admission is free and I was planning on being in the city anyway.  Who knows, maybe I'll find something cool.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 11:44:57 am »

I was wondering if y'all could help me. I have a trailer that was made out of a Ford short flareside. I took the bed off it, because it is rotting out, to replace it with a wooden bed. After I took it off, I noticed the leaf springs are broken on one side. I am trying to find replacement springs but I need to know what year range to ask for. By looking at pictures, it seems it is an early 70's or before. Please look at the picture and tell me what year range you think it is.

Thanks,

Slim

* Trailer_bed1.jpg (259.48 KB, 1500x834 - viewed 62 times.)

* Trailer_bed2.jpg (208.75 KB, 1600x755 - viewed 52 times.)

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2017, 12:24:25 pm »

Looks 60s to me but they didn't change much, let your tape measure be our friend. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 12:43:06 pm »

Important news flash.

Good one! Unfortunately, outside a forum like this one, 90% or more won't get it.

Slim, Del's right, they used basically the same bed for years and years. Measure the length and width, and go by that.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2017, 12:46:53 pm »

I'm assuming you are referring to the length and width of the leaf spring which is 2.5" x 55". Yes?

Slim

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2017, 02:41:10 pm »

Yes and arch.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2017, 03:59:37 pm »

Slim,did they keep the axle from the truck? if they did,look for a ID number on the housing,A ford dealer should be able to give you a date range from that.Good Luck

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2017, 04:43:35 pm »

Slim,did they keep the axle from the truck? if they did,look for a ID number on the housing,A ford dealer should be able to give you a date range from that.Good Luck

Yes, the axle is there. Thanks.

Slim

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2017, 08:11:23 pm »

They probably also have different numbers of leaves. Best way might be to get both, if you can't find an exact match.
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2017, 07:24:38 am »

I was wondering if y'all could help me. I have a trailer that was made out of a Ford short flareside. I took the bed off it, because it is rotting out, to replace it with a wooden bed. After I took it off, I noticed the leaf springs are broken on one side. I am trying to find replacement springs but I need to know what year range to ask for. By looking at pictures, it seems it is an early 70's or before. Please look at the picture and tell me what year range you think it is.

Thanks,

Slim

I'm wondering if Pietta mainsprings for their 1858 Remington will work?

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2017, 07:44:11 am »

I'm wondering if Pietta mainsprings for their 1858 Remington will work?

If it used coil springs, I could recommend the striker springs from Lebel/Berthier rifles.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2017, 08:00:39 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Thanks, guys.

'Tis 30 and cloudy. "Partly cloudy in the morning  then cloudy with a slight chance of rain showers in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 50s. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2017, 08:35:57 am »

Guessers say 92° today and tonight Thunderstorms with a 100% chance of precipitation....

Went up to Lake Mary , Gander Mountain to get some powder ETC. it's a ways,  but it saves Haz-Med & shipping ...and has a superb NY Deli across the street.

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2017, 09:00:17 am »

Thanks, guys.

Slim

We couldn't even provoke a reaction!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2017, 09:15:37 am »

We couldn't even provoke a reaction!
That was the reaction. I have some spare Pietta springs.  Wink

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2017, 10:58:39 am »

Morning all.

We have fog in the low areas today.  Visibility is about 200 yards.  And I have to drive on the highway through this.  Undecided

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2017, 06:48:27 pm »

Today was a duplicate of yesterday, but in black and white instead of full color.  High of 60 both days but had a high broken overcast for a shades of grey today to offset the sever clear color of yesterday.

Spent yesterday empting my four drawer tool cabinet, reorganizing everything, then putting it all back in the drawers.  Can actually find things now.  Today the toilet needed repair, and I was thinking I wouldn’t have any problem find the tools I would need, totally forgetting that the only tools needed to replace a ballcock in a newer toilet are a thumb and forefinger.  Guess I’ll have to wait of a different project to totally appreciate all my work on Saturday.

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2017, 08:07:23 pm »

Rained early, but sunshine after church. Mowed some grass, worked on fence, and sawed down a big ugly bunch of thorn trees. Thorns caused a few leaks in me, but didn't loose enough blood toned a transfusion or anything.
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2017, 04:49:23 am »

TS passed not much, some noise, a bit of rain, mostly just interrupted the Satellite feed awhile is all  Roll Eyes

some cooler today they say,  high of 85 °F ... Anyway coffee's on , morning ablutions complete.... nearly

30 minute work 20 commute, less the IDIOTS snarl up the Turnpike with a rubber necking finder bender...read likely  Roll Eyes

seems the new 417 exit ( been complete 2 years) can't be negotiated on Monday's without drama.

if you are lucky, it's a 20mph slow roll...if not it's a parking lot .... lucky ? maybe 2 Mondays a month !

Fortunately, my exit is just before and I sometimes just get a slow pass,  before it's all stop.
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2017, 01:15:54 pm »

Kinda late to the party, but I believe you're looking at the '60's on that bed as well, Slim. Roll Eyes Wink

Kinda under the weather today, started yesterday afternoon. Starting to come out of it,though Tongue

Weather things say 70 at the moment with rain in the offing Undecided

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 8 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: April showers bring flooded basements,Might as well drink Cawfee,Tea Etc. « previous next »
Jump to: