Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 02:24:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  1860 Henry (Moderators: Flint, Major 2)  |  Topic: Something about an 1860 Henry and a couple Open Tops that just say "Early West" 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Something about an 1860 Henry and a couple Open Tops that just say "Early West"  (Read 1214 times)
Tuolumne Lawman
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains

« on: March 28, 2017, 09:20:41 am »

Being a real life retired California Lawman (Tuolumne County Sheriff, in the Motherlode), and a retired US History Teacher, I am fond of California's early Old west...  By the time the 1873 Winchester and 1873 Colt Peacemaker were "Taming the West" in Arizona, Montana, and places in between, California had been the Wild West for 25 years!  Initially it was 1847 Walkers, Dragoons, and 1851 Navy revolvers, along with front stuffer rifles and Shotguns that armed pioneer Californians.

In 1860, during the advent of the War Between the States, the 1860 Henry was a desired, high tech arm in the gold fields.  By 1868, conversions of the Remington and Colt percussions were showing up in .44 Henry, .46 French, other assorted rimfires and .44 Martin. (Colt/Remington 44/100) all over the Motherlode.

To me, nothing like a couple Cartridge Conversions and a Henry say "the real Early Wild West..."

Tuolumne (California) Lawman

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators
Ben Beam
SASS Affiliated Merchant (#105892)
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 09:40:07 am »

This thread needs pictures!

Ben Beam & Co. -- Bringing You a New Old West -- Reproduction Old West Ephemera for re-enactors, living historians, set dressing, chuckwagons, props, or just for fun!
http://www.BenBeam.com
Tuolumne Lawman
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 10:01:18 am »

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators
Ben Beam
SASS Affiliated Merchant (#105892)
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 10:04:42 am »

Very nice! I like the way you staged the photos as well.

Ben Beam & Co. -- Bringing You a New Old West -- Reproduction Old West Ephemera for re-enactors, living historians, set dressing, chuckwagons, props, or just for fun!
http://www.BenBeam.com
Tuolumne Lawman
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 10:10:10 am »

Thanks.  The bottom two are my 1871/1872 Open Tops in .45 Colt that I have not picked up yet.  The short barrel I get on Friday, and the long barrel will languish at the gun shop another month because of our stupid laws in Californication.  I also have an 1860 Colt that I have an R&D cylinder on the way for it.  The 1858 Remingtons are actually for sale in Classifieds.  I am keeping the 1863 .32 S&W Remington, though.

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
Rooster Ron Wayne
Rooster
Very Active Citizen

Lube your Balls & Cap your Nipples ~ Just Sayin !

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 10:57:57 pm »

How did your Septic turn out Pard ?

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom."
Tuolumne Lawman
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 11:03:23 pm »

Money is in the bank, just waiting for the soils engineer to revise the system to please the county, who changed the rules of the game, after it is played!LOL.  Alls well, though, thanks for the word with the Big Guy, though!

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
nativeshooter
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 02:44:19 am »

Where did you buy your hat? Also, those open tops really compliment the henry.
Tuolumne Lawman
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 09:19:09 am »

Thanks!  The hat is from the Resistol John Wayne collection.  I bought it at the national Cowboy Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City in January.  It was only about $100.

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
nativeshooter
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 04:57:04 pm »

cool, i'll see if i can't find one.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  1860 Henry (Moderators: Flint, Major 2)  |  Topic: Something about an 1860 Henry and a couple Open Tops that just say "Early West" « previous next »
Jump to: