Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 25, 2017, 02:53:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: March into Spring Coffee, Tea and such 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March into Spring Coffee, Tea and such  (Read 8596 times)
Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2017, 01:23:46 pm »

Coming out of our cold snap, heading for 48 this afternoon.  May break 60 by Thursday.  Got another 4+” of evil white stuff Sunday, so I’ve now used the snow blower 5 times this year ((way more that all the previous years combined.  Only once in that time frame).  The news said that Mount Roce , just West of town now has the most snow pack in the country (think If that’s true, they have to mean just the lower 48).
 Been fighting a problem with the wifes laptop.  The browser locks up waiting on a website (doesn’t matter what one, or what browser I’m using).  Takes a reboot to get it back.  Got me stumped..

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2017, 04:49:24 pm »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,58869.0.html
Why didn't y'all tell me these were so great before? I would have bought one years ago.  Roll Eyes

Slim

I guess you weren't listening.

Got one with Pacymr grips and had a new barrel put on at S&W and a second that was police issue locally in good condition. Both shooters

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

litl rooster
Cowboy Philanthropist
Top Active Citizen

I ain't sold my saddle

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2017, 04:50:38 pm »

Bad weather in Missouri last night has finally reached us here in Bama

"the ringin' of my jinglebobs is music to my soul.

Joshua 1.9

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2017, 07:31:18 pm »

I just traded into a Ruger New Vaquero sheriffs model in .44 special and a S&W Model 28-2 Highway Patrolman 4 inch in .357.Only problem with the S&W is a previous owner had it chrome plated with the trigger and hammer gold plate,All it needs are a set of Mother of pearl stocks to finish out the "Pimp" look.Pictures to follow when I get a chance.

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2017, 09:00:44 pm »

The weather Roo mentioned went through my area last night, nowhere near as bad as the KC area. Big elm tree in the fencerow across the road blew down, blocking the road. A neighbor came by this morning and cut just enough to get a car by, we finished cutting the part off the road after work. A branch (or something wind blown) took out the back glass in the Wife's Trailblazer. Car was parked in the open, if it was a branch, it traveled at least 30-40 feet before hitting the car. And whatever it was, kept going, there's nothing in or against the car.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2017, 11:14:08 pm »

Watch this, from Sunday. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kv0FLF2ffCc

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2017, 11:27:09 pm »

Nice. I only saw your boots, Del.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2017, 12:13:15 am »

Lots of pictures of my boots around. Grin

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2017, 07:57:56 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Going to verk. I'll see how it goes.

'Tis 32, windy, and partly sunny. "Windy. Colder. Partly cloudy in the morning then clearing. Highs in the upper 30s. West wind 25 to 35 mph with gusts to around 55 mph."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2017, 08:27:11 am »

Morning all.

City trip went fine.  I'm still alive, in any case. Roll Eyes  No gun safe, though.  The one I wanted was sold out, and the only other one in my price range at the time was an 18 gun safe that doesn't look like it would stay shut in a stout wind.  The next one up was an entire month's paycheck.  I did get some new boots, though.  And a holster for my Beretta.  It only took a year.

Weather here is forecast as rain until Friday or Saturday, with highs in the mid 50s, and lows around 35.  Not much wind in the valley, so probably not more than 5-10 mph. 

Off to work I go.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
ol coot
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2017, 09:47:09 am »

Morning all, Del, your making me hungry all over again. Smiley

My Lord is my shepard, my bible is my guide, my horse is my partner, my colt's on my side.  
RGA#684
RAT#514
Storm#370
SASS#46209
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2017, 07:09:43 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Wind finally calmed down.  Roll Eyes

'Tis 25 and overcast. High of 34.

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2017, 08:24:28 am »

Morning all.

Off to work early this morning.  Have an extra half hour to fit in, so I'm doing it today.  Directly after, I'm going coyote hunting with a friend. 

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2017, 06:34:34 pm »

Morning all.

Off to work early this morning.  Have an extra half hour to fit in, so I'm doing it today.  Directly after, I'm going coyote hunting with a friend. 

--TK
Did ya get any coyotes?

Slim

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2017, 11:42:32 pm »

Wind played havoc here, too. Got set of steps blown over on one of the high streets and loose shingles on both of the new homes up top that are still under assembly. One of the for sale models also suffered skirting damage that's going to take some work to correct. Undecided

We at least got the exposed water lines for the pipeline company's RV's insulated today. It's now snowing prodigiously as I type Tongue

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2017, 11:59:57 pm »

Did ya get any coyotes?

Slim

Saw one, but he wouldn't come in closer than about 500 yards.  With a 1x scope, I didn't want to chance it.   

We ran across both an eagle and an osprey, too.  Got within about 20 feet of both, but I didn't have my camera.   Embarrassed

--TK

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2017, 06:09:05 am »

Claritin-D , check  - Flonase , check - mug of coffee , check ... Okly Dokly then ...Breakfast is covered  Roll Eyes
Spring breathing through better chemistry  yaheeeeeeeeee

never had any sinus/allergy issues when I " t'was a younger man still"   Undecided

Off to the work 20 in bit ....easy money today  Undecided   I hope
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2017, 08:29:57 am »

No work today, have to go shopping for a "new" mail route car. Since I'm not about to pay $30,000 for a right hand drive Jeep, I guess it'll be another 12-15 year old Blazer. One of the last vehicles built without the floor shifter, and an easily removable console (besides some full size trucks, but even at 6'2",I'm not long enough to use those for delivering, comfortably)
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2017, 09:06:10 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and salt water are hot.

The salt water is to gargle with to numb the pain so I can swallow.  Roll Eyes Needless to say, I am staying home today.

'Tis 15 and sunny. High of 23.

Slim

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2017, 09:21:19 am »

salt water a bit of sugar & and aspirin..... gargle that  3 times in the day and once before bed
has been my cure
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2017, 02:33:09 pm »

salt water a bit of sugar & and aspirin..... gargle that  3 times in the day and once before bed
has been my cure

Thanks,

Slim

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2017, 12:00:13 pm »

'twas in the teens here this morning. At least there's some sun,for what it's worth Roll Eyes Undecided

We got that skirting more or less fixed for the time being. Next big wind event it'll probably be messed up again Tongue

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2017, 12:44:30 pm »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and salt water are hot.

Watching westerns on MeTV.  Smiley

'Tis 20 and sunny. High of 24.

Slim

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2017, 05:34:26 pm »

The weather liars are saying that we have a Nor'easter heading our way for Tuesday,Hopefully they're wrong, they're predicting up to 3 feet of S**w with heavy winds... Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2017, 08:19:03 pm »

We got that skirting more or less fixed for the time being. Next big wind event it'll probably be messed up again Tongue

From my experience around mobile homes, that's just skirting doing what skirting does.

The "Great March S%#* Event" forecast for early this morning fizzled out(YEAH!!!) Saw somewhere between 15-20 small S***flakes about 4 this afternoon.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: March into Spring Coffee, Tea and such « previous next »
Jump to: