Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 08:09:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: March into Spring Coffee, Tea and such 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March into Spring Coffee, Tea and such  (Read 8529 times)
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« on: March 01, 2017, 08:08:54 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Still have a land line. A neighbor has a rotary dial phone still hooked up.

'Tis 30 and sn*wing. "Blustery. Snow. Some blowing and drifting snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation around 4 inches. Highs in the lower 30s. North wind 10 to 15 mph shifting to the northwest 15 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of snow 90 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2017, 09:23:03 am »

Morning Y'all,got babysitting duty this week,have a good month

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2017, 02:22:48 pm »

Dang...that was quick February !
Blair
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2017, 03:44:33 pm »

February always is quick.
My best,
 Blair

A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 09:56:14 pm »

Evening all.

Today we finally had a sunny day.  65 degrees and only scattered clouds.  Took the dog outside and played with a soccer ball for almost 3 hours. Roll Eyes 

Have to get into work early again tomorrow.  600 instead of 6:30.  The advantage is that I get all the leftover cookies on the table in the break room.  Shocked Wink

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 03:20:05 am »

Only had to do a 7 hour shift tonight, 5 pm to 2 am, yeah, I know.    Grin Roll Eyes

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 07:59:35 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Got 'bout 5" of white.
'Tis 17 and partly sunny. High of 28.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 08:26:20 am »

Morning all.

28 degrees, and foggy.   Undecided

Could be worse, Del.  You could have worked a 12 hour shift as an antiperspirant deodorant effectiveness evaluator.   You know, one of those poor fellow that sticks their nose in sweaty armpits and has to write what they smell. Shocked  Roll Eyes   Or for Hillary.  Lips Sealed

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 07:43:18 pm »

Got to drive the Boss's new truck this morning. his step-Dad is in real bad shape, family's been told to come in. The Boss look care of some things in the office this morning and had me and my associate go fuel both trucks up so he could go up to Cleveland today. His truck was on fumes! After that, we got down to park business. This afternoon, we went back to the mud bog lot and finished the repair on the busted water line.
During the storms and wind last night, we had a large pine tree come down roots and all. We get to chop it up tomorrow Tongue

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2017, 07:07:02 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 0 and clear. High of 23.

Slim

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 02:24:58 pm »

Pine tree has been dealt with. two pickup truck loads of brush and a fairly good sized pile of firewood. Stump and root system to be  determined how to cope later.  Tongue

In the 20's here with periods of sun and snow showers. Wind chill is in single digits Undecided Tongue Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 10:01:01 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,58869.0.html
Why didn't y'all tell me these were so great before? I would have bought one years ago.  Roll Eyes

Hoping to rustle up some hay to-day. We miscounted what we need for winter.  Roll Eyes

'Tis 25 and sunny. High of 34.

Slim

Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2017, 12:15:17 pm »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,58869.0.html
Why didn't y'all tell me these were so great before? I would have bought one years ago.  Roll Eyes

Hoping to rustle up some hay to-day. We miscounted what we need for winter.  Roll Eyes

'Tis 25 and sunny. High of 34.

Slim

Gunny is after  you on that thread.  Roll Eyes
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2017, 02:00:42 pm »

Gunny is after  you on that thread.  Roll Eyes
Posted pics.

Slim

Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2017, 03:08:10 pm »

Posted pics.

Slim

Alrighty!  Grin
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2017, 08:12:21 pm »

Afternoon all.

The weather folks are totally messing with us here.  Thursday they were predicting sn*w accumulation of 10+ inches, with temperatures in the low 10s for the weekend.  Friday they changed it to 5 inches, and in the 20s.  Today, we had 50 degrees and .1 inches of rain.  Huh

I spent most of the day cleaning some of the junk out of my room.  I cleaned off my desk, under my desk, around my desk, and the top shelves of the shelf thing.  6 hours later, I have two and a half black trash bags full of garbage, and counted nine separate people's stuff in that general area.   Shocked  Monday I'm going to clean the other shelves.

--TK

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2017, 08:25:31 pm »

Saw a really nice Webley today , some chap brought in on consignment
Mk4 1923 in 90-95% , minty bore ,tight....has been cut for 45ACP Moonie....

I threw an offer at it.... I like the unusual, we see if the offer sticks  Undecided

Visited with Coffin Maker ( this BB ) had lunch, and shot the breeze.... Smiley and had a Chicago Hot dog & root beer,
  all in all a very good day ...

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2017, 08:51:40 pm »

A Webley would be nice.  Smiley

Slim

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2017, 10:33:10 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 33 and overcast. High of 43.

Slim

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2017, 12:13:47 pm »

29 and sunny here,big change from a couple of days ago... Sad Sad Sad

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2017, 05:11:34 pm »

70 and a bit cloudy, got lucky, last indoor CAS shoot at the Nebraska Outdoor Education Center for the season, lunch provided this time.

Yes that is Kingsford in the pile and on the ovens, not my first choice but will work, hate to think how much of that junk I'd use in a year, burnt 15 pounds today.  Pork Roast, herbed tators, peach cobbler and biscuits.   

* bb 004.jpg (229.93 KB, 640x359 - viewed 35 times.)

* bb 007.jpg (190.19 KB, 640x359 - viewed 37 times.)

* bb 009.jpg (167.71 KB, 640x359 - viewed 36 times.)

* bb 011.jpg (191.11 KB, 640x359 - viewed 43 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2017, 08:44:26 am »

Morning all.  I've got coffee and some type of oat dish on the table. Roll Eyes

Yesterday was "Everyone in the Ditch" day.  Which translates to, we got a couple of inches of white stuff that melted before noon.  Still, the towtruck drivers all got overtime. Undecided  I went out with a friend in his truck and we did some donuts up by the lake. 

We got another two or three inches overnight, though it didn't stick on the road, so I shouldn't get creamed going to work today.  I hope. Sad

--TK

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 08:28:07 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Coming down with a cold, so I am staying home today.

The oldest mentioned the last name of one of her professors, which is not a common name and a name in my better half's genealogy. So, I Googled his name and found the obit of his paternal grandmother. Guess what? I found his paternal grandparents in the genealogy. Therefore, her professor is her 4th cousin once removed.

T'storm went thru 'bout 22:00 bringing winds. Walked the ranch. Didn't find any trees or large branches down.

'Tis 34, windy and partly cloudy. "Windy. Mostly sunny. Highs around 50. Southwest wind 20 to 30 mph with gusts to around 45 mph."

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2017, 08:53:58 am »

Small world, right?

Morning all.

I didn't get creamed going to work yesterday.  Though I came close on five separate occasions.  In a town of 2900 people (wintertime population), how can five of the stupid ones all be driving like morons in one mile of road? Angry  Let me give this soap box back...

I'm headed to the city today.  Mother needs help grocery shopping, and I have some things to do.  I might wind up coming home with a new gun safe, though.  The local Sportsman's Warehouse is having a sale to get rid of last year's stock, so they had a Browning 8 gun safe for $250.  If it's still there... Roll Eyes

--TK

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2017, 09:26:52 am »

Small world, right?

Morning all.

I didn't get creamed going to work yesterday.  Though I came close on five separate occasions.  In a town of 2900 people (wintertime population), how can five of the stupid ones all be driving like morons in one mile of road? Angry  Let me give this soap box back...

I'm headed to the city today.  Mother needs help grocery shopping, and I have some things to do.  I might wind up coming home with a new gun safe, though.  The local Sportsman's Warehouse is having a sale to get rid of last year's stock, so they had a Browning 8 gun safe for $250.  If it's still there... Roll Eyes

--TK
Is it big enough? You have to plan for the future.  Wink

Slim

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: March into Spring Coffee, Tea and such « previous next »
Jump to: