Author Topic: Wisconsin bp shooter could shoot SASS matches in NY if. . . .  (Read 5817 times)

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Master of the Dark Arts - MDA
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Wisconsin bp shooter could shoot SASS matches in NY if. . . .
« on: February 20, 2017, 08:49:40 AM »
The NRA is trying to help me. . .  The Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017 was reintroduced by Rep. Richard Hudson, R-N.C., last month. That bill would allow lawful firearm carriers in any state to carry that gun into other states. Currently, each state has its own laws that determine whether they will allow gun owners from other states to carry the weapon across state lines.

With this law I could carry my Cowboy Action guns to NY and shoot SASS matches with my pards.  I have been privileged to make friends all over the planet with my Big Lube business and this law would allow me to shoot in many other states where current law makes it difficult if not impossible.

DD-MDA
Avid Ballistician in Holy Black
Riverboat Gambler and Wild Side Rambler
Gunfighter Ordinar
Purveyor of Big Lube supplies

Offline Cemetery

• Top Active Citizen
    • Cemetery's Gun Blob
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wisconsin bp shooter could shoot SASS matches in NY if. . . .
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2017, 11:50:21 AM »
Don't need a CCW to shoot at cowboy matches in NYS.  Just bring along a match confirmation, and anything else provided by the club.

I live in NJ, not America, and I do this to shoot monthlies.  Weekend matches give you 72 hours to get out of town.
God forgives, I don't........

Offline Cemetery

• Top Active Citizen
    • Cemetery's Gun Blob
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 11:52:05 AM »
Also, leave the none cowboy guns at home.

But yeah, if there was to come a national CCW, then you'd be able to bring a non cowboy gun along in 'theory'.

Advertising

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2017, 02:27:49 PM »
That's news, good news to me Cemetery.  Thanks.  I carry none but Cowboy guns.  If a gun were needed my Cowboy guns would be my go to guns anyway.  I shoot best with them because I shoot most with them.

DD-MDA
Gunfighter Ordinar

Offline Crow Choker

• Top Active Citizen
  • River Banker Extraordinaire
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2017, 04:32:15 PM »
I could be wrong, didn't fully research the subject, but it's not that you can't take guns with you from Wisconsin to say New York, but that you can't carry them in a concealed manner on your person or in such a fashion that you could readily have access to them in a vehicle. Depends on which states have reciprocal agreements to honor other states legal CCW permits and/or the transportation of firearms. I haven't researched every state and all their weapon laws, but I would find it a shock if a person couldn't carry guns for CAS shooting into another state legally to attend a legal shoot at a legal range. Of course you have the Liberal Bastions such as Chicago and New York City that the misguided politicians don't want people to be able to protect themselves if needed. And speaking of New York, well, look what they have for a governor and many in the state legislature, Chicago's in the same boat. No offense New Yorkers/Chicagoians, but what is true is true. I carried for 21 years as a LEO and have carried for 20 years since with a state issued concealed permit. Several of my bordering states don't honor my states license, but my state honors their states concealed carry license. Figure that stupidity. Do I carry in those states that don't honor my license, you bet, I'd rather be able to defend myself, family, or someone in need than not be able to. I figured long ago that whatever consequence that may result will have to be dealt with at the time, at least I or others will be breathing. All I'm saying on that.    
Darksider-1911 Shooter-BOLD Chambers-RATS-SCORRS-STORM-1860 Henry(1866)-Colt Handgun Lover an' Fan-NRA-"RiverRat"-Conservative American Patriot and Former Keeper & Enforcer of the Law an' Proud of Being Both! >oo

1860Henry

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2017, 05:45:34 PM »
On this issue, I don't travel to states that won't respect my rights. I have been wanting to visit Virginia for several years now, but they won't respect my Alabama concealed carry permit. It is their loss as I won't go (along with my dollars in vacation money). I do hope that there is support for this bill and it ends in passage. The courts have shoved the marriage issue down our throats. Maybe it is time that the right to carry was shoved deeply in liberal throats as well.

Chris

Offline Cemetery

• Top Active Citizen
    • Cemetery's Gun Blob
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2017, 09:21:02 PM »
Oh yeah Dick, as mentioned above.....guns are transported unloaded, and locked in the trunk. 

Personally, I always travel with locked cases in my locked trunk, with proof of purchse in said cases.  Like I said, I live in NJ, not America so my funs are registered.

Offline Dick Dastardly

• Top Active Citizen
    • Big Lube molds
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2017, 04:57:33 PM »
Thanks for the encouraging news Pards.  My Bro. is in NY and he has a friend at RIT that I'd enjoy shooting with.  I'll look further into it.  Hopefully the national CCW will pass.

DD-MDA
Gunfighter Ordinar

Offline Bunk Stagnerg

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2017, 04:49:52 PM »
Hi gang,
Get away from that frozen hell you survive in. Come to central Texas where I shoot CAS practice in my back yard.
Looks like spring is here the mesquite is starting to leaf out, calves are hitting the ground and right now 4:45 PM it has cooled off al ittle to 78 degrees outside since a small cold front just blew through.
Perhaps that is sort of bitchy of me to brag, but what do you expect from a Texan?
Yr' Obt' Svt'
(LMAO)
Bunk

Offline Coffinmaker

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 125
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2017, 03:13:05 PM »
You realize, going to New York to DIE is redundant ...... right????

Coffinmaker

PS:  I was going to make a really snide comment about Texas.  But, if you can't find something good to say .................

Offline Isbjorn

• Very Active Citizen
  • I promise I won't laugh at your mule.
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 03:40:02 AM »
The next person to say "This is a free country" to my face is gonna get a deli full of knuckle sammiches.
Reclaim the Republic!
The REAL code of the West:
Do unto others before others do it unto you.
WH#3

Offline Rooster Ron Wayne

• Rooster
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Lube your Balls & Cap your Nipples ~ Just Sayin !
  • SASS #: 86029
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2018, 09:16:32 PM »
IMHO .
If the Feds have done a background check on you already for you to get a CPL.
You should be able to carry in any state in America !
I would rather be judged by Twelve .
Then Carryed by Six .
If you see me outside of the shower .
Im Armed Period .

Rooster Ron Wayne
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom."

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2018, 06:21:18 AM »
You can transport and firearms that you can legally posses in your home state anywhere in the USA. This is governed by the ICC. I went through this as I was taking gunsmithing classes in NC and traveling from MA. Called ATF and they referred me to a gal at ICC. As long as they are locked up and totally out of your control, you are good to go. Glove compartment or center console, even if locked is not considered “ out of your control” . To be safe, ammo in a separate locked case.
 Now, that said, some states you can not leave firearms unattended in your car as you go to lunch etc (NJ)....Some states, if you are shooting in state, you need proof you are attending an organized shoot at a shooting range certified by the state. (NJ)...some states you can not have your guns in a hotel/motel overnight. They might have to be stored at the range. As far as I know, these draconian laws only apply to Maryland , California and a few New England states. Once out of this God forsaken part of the country, you are mostly good to go.
 In NY, you can not be in state with your guns more than 48 hours before the match and need to get guns out of state within 48 hours after the match.
 There is confusion on this point. Need to check with local LEO . You can not violate local laws on magazine count, assault weapons, automatic weapons. Guns must comply to local law.

No license is needed to transport firearms anywhere in USA. The ICC lady commented that the truck driver that carries a load of handguns from S&W in Massachusetts, through NY and NJ, most likely does not have a license for all those guns. Good point!
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

Offline Bunk

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2018, 10:20:25 AM »
I am not sure but I think I read that because of maniacs with “evil” black rifles the reciprocity bill was dropped like a hot rock.
I can’t wait until Halloween to put my “evil” black rifle out on the front porch and scare the pants off of trick or treat kids.
Or does that make me a bad guy?
Bunk

Offline rbertalotto

• Top Active Citizen
    • RVB Precision
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2018, 10:33:06 AM »
The only shot we had for the reciprocity law passing was with the Truck Driver Associations. They pushed hard for it and were shot down last year. This is one law that you can bet the farm it will NEVER happen........Drivers licenses, which is a "privilege"  and not a God Given Right, have reciprocity, but the God Given Right of self preservation....not so much!
Roy B
South of Boston
www.rvbprecision.com
SASS #93544

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com