Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 09:12:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February 2017,The begining of Cawfee,Tea and short stacks. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: February 2017,The begining of Cawfee,Tea and short stacks.  (Read 10815 times)
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2017, 07:28:27 am »

Yeah, CT both hands, surgery relieved it some. Just have occasional cramping now Roll Eyes Tongue

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2017, 08:00:33 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Light rain this morn with icing.
'Tis 28 and overcast. "Cloudy. Light rain and freezing drizzle likely in the morning. Sleet also possible in the morning  then a chance of light rain and freezing rain in the afternoon. Widespread fog in the morning".

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2017, 04:08:32 pm »

Afternoon all.

rains is off and on.  Highway can't decide if it's open or closed in both directions. 

Been practicing with my bow past few days.  I'm entering into a drawing for the local archery elk tags.  I've got enough drawing points that I've got a good chance this year. Roll Eyes  There's six tags, and only 10-12,000 total applicants, and I'm in one of the top tiers, so I've got a 1 in 500 chance. Tongue

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2017, 07:00:51 pm »

Afternoon all.

rains is off and on.  Highway can't decide if it's open or closed in both directions. 

Been practicing with my bow past few days.  I'm entering into a drawing for the local archery elk tags.  I've got enough drawing points that I've got a good chance this year. Roll Eyes  There's six tags, and only 10-12,000 total applicants, and I'm in one of the top tiers, so I've got a 1 in 500 chance. Tongue

--TK
Don't buy a lottery ticket.  Roll Eyes

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2017, 06:35:05 am »

Sittin' here enjoying my cup....scannin to see whacha all are up to....

One of my Lumber vendors is opening a new Location here in Orlando ( their out of St. Pete presently )
so they've invited my crew to a BBQ, hosted by Bubba's Bodacious BBQ , this guy is a 5 time Pit Master Grand Champ.

His Ribs & Pork are "SLAP your Momma"  good  ....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2017, 08:17:31 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Driveway and walkways are icy. Put out salt and sand.

'Tis 17 and overcast. High of 20.

Slim

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2017, 05:31:53 pm »

Yesterday, it was 60deg. Day after tomorrow, it will be again. Saturday they're guessing near 80. But today.....and tomorrow....not so nice. 30s for highs, teens for a low.
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2017, 06:58:41 pm »

Pull Pork , Chicken , Slaw , potato salad , good stuff,   he needs to work on his cornbread

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2017, 09:17:55 pm »

In the 20's and snowing here.was almost 60 yesterday Roll Eyes Shocked just looked out the window, street is snow covered now. I'll be shoveling walks tomorrow. We repaired a downed post lamp this morning, rusted off at the bottom. Then pumped out a pit under one of the oldest homes in here. installed a "jumper" in one of the new homes here. It allows  testing the water connections in the home before sale and installation of the radio water  meter. To finish the  day out, we loaded and unloaded about 30 or so cement block used to set up new homes. Set on block on "piers" and the axles and tires removed and sent back to the factory for reuse. We currently have three homes in various stages of set up and one oldie being torn down. Our other repair today wasn't. When I checked a couple things a few days ago, I inadvertently fixed the problem. A tripped GFI that didn't look like it was tripped. These particular homes don't have GFI's with indicator lights like our newest ones( different maker) Roll Eyes Undecided

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2017, 11:36:48 pm »

Evening Y'all,Got a Nor'Easter blowing in overnight,Calling for up to 12 inches here with up to 24 to the northeast of me.Hoping it goes wide to the east.Y'all stay warm and dry.

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2017, 02:19:10 am »

12F here, going to around 5F, no WC.  60's on Friday. Roll Eyes

Still waiting for the big one, were due and most often in Feb or early March.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2017, 06:50:08 am »

A balmy 72° (6:30 AM)  now,  headed for 79° high, guesser say' and some light coverage of rain  Undecided they say 50% by afternoon.
They claim 48° in the Morning,  73° as a high...pretty much the same all next week....

We've yet to get anything below about 41° tops ....been mild 2-3 years in row ....just a cool snap or three in that time  Lips Sealed

Course this is Central Fla. , but I've seen mid 20's some years ago.... well once maybe twice anyway

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2017, 07:34:21 am »

Already been out and shoveled the drive. Had maybe an inch plus. We'll see what the clubhouse/ barn is like in a bit( 2 90 ft. walks plus the entry veranda). Tongue

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2017, 08:02:32 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 3 and clear. WC -10. High of 13.

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2017, 08:36:18 am »

Morning all.

Had to make a city trip yesterday.  I needed to cash my check, but my bank is down there, so I tagged along with my sister, who is going down there for school.  Got that all done, then went to Sportsman's Warehouse to finish the tune on my bow.  I needed the nock point moved, which needed more precision than my needle nosed pliers offer.   Roll Eyes  I almost walked out of there with a Remington M700 Bicentennial model in .270 Shocked

Now off to work.  I had to take off early yesterday, so I have 45 minutes to make up today.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2017, 08:38:36 am »

the Nor'Easter hit us, we're getting about 3 inches of dry snow a hour,totals have been upped to 14 to 18 inches... Angry Angry Angry Angry

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2017, 07:59:27 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 17 and clear. High of 36.

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2017, 08:28:57 am »

Morning all.

Weather is around 35 right now, and no clouds in sight.  We're supposed to get more rain today, but there is at least a brief respite.

I spoke to a friend in Montana yesterday.  He was saying that he had 3 feet of white stuff at his house, which normally isn't a problem since it's -20 degrees.  But for some reason, the temperature hit 45 there yesterday, so all of that dry powder turned into slush.  And to make things better, the low last night was -30.  I'm kind of glad I live out here sometimes. Roll Eyes

--TK

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2017, 01:40:50 pm »

It was 12 here this morning. that inch of snow yesterday morning turned into almost 4 by 11 A.M.. It was covering up faster than I could shovel it off at the mail boxes. looked like I hadn't done anything. The light snow showers they predicted weren't light, got pretty windy too.Had some sun early this morning, but is mostly clouds now.

Our chlorine tester decided to get cranky this morning, had to do the tests twice after I got it to settle down. Needed to get more AAA batteries for tomorrow Roll Eyes Tongue

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2017, 04:19:18 pm »

67F and sunny here.   Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2017, 12:56:31 pm »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

A Zoot shotgun followed me home from the toy store yesterday. A Remington Autoloading Gun made in 1910, which is a pre-Model 11. Disassembled, cleaned and reassembled it last night. Shot it during my morning walk. This is my first self-loading shotgun.

'Tis 42 and overcast. Getting slushy. High of 41.  Roll Eyes

Slim

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2017, 03:12:26 pm »

Tumbling Brass, on it's second go round.....Muy sucio, polvo negro ¿no sabes

...... can't say when it was shot last year , it was in my Remy Conversion though I recall that....

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2017, 04:40:05 pm »

Afternoon all.

Little bit of interesting stuff this morning.  Somebody forgot to lock the front door at the office, so I got a call that the alarm was going off.  I can honestly say that was the first time I've ever helped law enforcement clear a building. Shocked  We knew who had triggered the alarm, and both the officer and myself had talked to him, but the all-powerful "procedure"  required a "search."  So I went and unlocked doors. Roll Eyes

--TK

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2017, 05:19:29 pm »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

A Zoot shotgun followed me home from the toy store yesterday. A Remington Autoloading Gun made in 1910, which is a pre-Model 11. Disassembled, cleaned and reassembled it last night. Shot it during my morning walk. This is my first self-loading shotgun.

'Tis 42 and overcast. Getting slushy. High of 41.  Roll Eyes

Slim

What is the model # and post a picture, I didn't think there was one before that.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2017, 05:20:19 pm »

Afternoon all.

Little bit of interesting stuff this morning.  Somebody forgot to lock the front door at the office, so I got a call that the alarm was going off.  I can honestly say that was the first time I've ever helped law enforcement clear a building. Shocked  We knew who had triggered the alarm, and both the officer and myself had talked to him, but the all-powerful "procedure"  required a "search."  So I went and unlocked doors. Roll Eyes

--TK

Did that in my younger days when I was a janitor.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February 2017,The begining of Cawfee,Tea and short stacks. « previous next »
Jump to: