Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 02:07:41 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February 2017,The begining of Cawfee,Tea and short stacks. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: February 2017,The begining of Cawfee,Tea and short stacks.  (Read 10714 times)
Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #125 on: February 28, 2017, 05:02:58 pm »

I praise the lord each day, i view the earth, from earth.

Rusty- i think you maybe the only person i know that has a house phone these days.

Just for kicks get a rotory dial phone and ask a grandchild to call someone on it. It like pushing a slinky down the steps.

Hey! Hey! Hey! I still have an house fone. And with a rotary dial to boot, it's been like that for 48 years. And it's gonna stay like that.  Grin I have also a cell phone. Roll Eyes
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #126 on: February 28, 2017, 08:16:44 pm »

Ours is free with the package, handy for finding a missing cell phone.  Few people have the number and no answering machine.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #127 on: February 28, 2017, 08:24:42 pm »

I still have a home phone, cell service is on and off here at the house(mostly off). Wish I could get rid of it, the cost keeps creeping up. It's not really the basic cost for the service , but all the "Taxes and fees" that add up to more than the service. I think rotary won't work here anymore. When I moved into this area30 years ago, I had a party line. and then when they finally got rid of those, we still couldn't call out of town without going through the operator.
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #128 on: February 28, 2017, 10:52:25 pm »

Evening all.  I'll heat the coffee for the late watch. Roll Eyes

Did a lot of traveling today.  Had to take my mom back to the dentist today to get her tooth looked at again.  Hopefully she got that straightened out. 
Right after getting home from that, I grabbed a PB and J and got back in the car to go to the city for my own dentist appointment.  Managed to get a quick trip to one of the big gun stores down there.  Nothing I couldn't live without, though a Swedish Mauser in 8mm was calling to me.  $385, plus taxes and fees.  Undecided

back to work tomorrow monring.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #129 on: February 28, 2017, 10:54:50 pm »

By the way, I still have a house phone.  One cordless, and one made in 1993 that was a gift to my parents for their anniversary.  Roll Eyes

The county still has a party line in south county, too.  One of the small towns actually had an original telephone from around 1910.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
El Peludo
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #130 on: February 28, 2017, 11:54:18 pm »

Good afternoon, Gents, I thank'ee for the cuppajoe, my day just getting started, since I slept past noon; must'a been tired, or something.

We, too, have a "house phone", sort of a knee jerk thing, would feel disconnected without it, but for the most part, it is only a nod to being older; it is served by cable rather than the direct wire telephone system, so when the power fails, so does the phone.  We can't justify the use of two separate utilities, and the phone company only offers tv service through satellite.  Our cell phones have become our primary means of communication.

Back in the early eighties, I was a Webelos Den Leader in the Boy Scouts, and had twelve ten year olds to wrangle.  One weekend, I had to work on Saturday (a more common situation than I liked) so one of the boy's dad took on a crafty project for the kids at his gaage.  I stopped i after I got off to see how things were going, and helped finish up.  Since a few of the boys lived on my street or an adjoining one, I said I would take them home, and told them to call their folks to let them know.  Augie had a desk phone in the garage, a standard rotary dial piece, and I noticed one of my boys walked over to it, picked up the handpiece and looked at it, looked at the desk piece, hung it up, looked around kind of confused.  He picked up the handpiece again, and poked at the dial, but didn't turn it, and was just generally confounded by that phone.  I finally went over and showed him how it worked, and he made the call.  Now, his sister was my older son's girlfriend ----------------

----- (I started thjis at 1400, and it is now 2050, sort of got sidetracked)  Well, eldest son and girlfriend are now married (25 years, my gawd) and that little Webelos is now one of my extended family kids, arguably the most accomplished and successful one of the bunch - he is now a highly respected Pediatric Anesthesiologist with a practice that covers most of Southern California.  When he got his MD, I told him I would not tell folks of his telephone adventure any more ----- but I lied.   Grin Grin Grin

El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: February 2017,The begining of Cawfee,Tea and short stacks. « previous next »
Jump to: