Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 11:38:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Frontier Iron (Moderator: St. George)  |  Topic: How common was the model 3 on the frontier? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How common was the model 3 on the frontier?  (Read 4192 times)
Tuolumne Lawman
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Grass Valley, CA in the Sierra Nevada Mountains

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2017, 07:31:40 pm »

That was a figure I tripped across some years ago (when I was writing an article) that someone estimated.  It included Colt Remington factory conversions of all calibers, etc. (large and small caliber conversions), as well as private conversions of everything including Walkers, Dragoons, long cylinder 1860s and 1851/61, and even more obscure weapons.  He likened the numbers to S&W top breaks, IIRC.

I have no facts to base it on, just that random printed article I had tripped across.  I would not think, though, that 100,000 would be out of the ball park when you consider all of the above.  Remington conversions in all sizes were VERY common.

TUOLUMNE LAWMAN
CO. F, 12th Illinois Cavalry  SASS # 6127 Life * Spencer Shooting Society #43 * Motherlode Shootist Society #1 * River City Regulators
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Frontier Iron (Moderator: St. George)  |  Topic: How common was the model 3 on the frontier? « previous next »
Jump to: