Author Topic: Who Wants a "Schofield"... Or how about a BB GUN?!?!  (Read 2638 times)

Offline Old No7

• Very Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Who Wants a "Schofield"... Or how about a BB GUN?!?!
« on: January 23, 2017, 11:22:58 AM »
Seems like there is a lot of interest in the old S&W Schofields on this forum...

I know that I really enjoy my Uberti with the stag grips.  ;)

Well, I just got a Sportsman's Guide sales circular and in it, I see there's a Schofield BB Gun offered for sale.

Hmmm... That just might be different enough to be worth acquiring...

Over at This Link for Pyramyd Air's "Schofield" it has received a 5-star rating.

It's available in blue with brown "faux" wood or white "ivory" grips, and somewhere else last night I found another retailer who was offering it with a silver nickel finish. You might be able to shop around some to find a better price, or other options.

Here is some other info they mention about it:
* Full metal receiver with polymer faux wood (or white ivory) grips
* Gunmetal grey, 7" barrel
* Shoots at velocities up to 445 fps
* 12g CO2 powered (housed in grip)
* Authentic single action hammer
* 6 round cylinder with ejector rod (auto-ejection built into the cylinder)
* Includes 6 realistic cartridges

Another post about this I saw said the plastic cartridges were easily pushed down onto a shallow pan full of BBs to load them, rather than trying to man-handle the small BBs into the top of a cartridge. Sounds like how many of us load primers into a primer tube, so we should be able to handle that.

If I didn't have a few other gun-related bills and purchases pending, I'm pretty sure I'd have one of these coming my way to play with.

So the question is...  Who wants one and will get it to issue a backyard "range report" here?!?!?!

Tight groups.  (Well, as tight as BBs will allow, that is...)

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment...  One cannot exist without the other."  © 2000 DTH

Offline The Pathfinder

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Who Wants a "Schofield"... Or how about a BB GUN?!?!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2017, 11:40:02 AM »
It must be popular, according to the SG website it's already backordered. Heck, mine won't be in till the end of February! ;D

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1204
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2017, 02:55:16 PM »
Pretty cool.  I wonder if that is made by Crossman?  At Shot Show, a guy from Crossman came by and told me that they are making an 1875 Remington BB/pellet gun.  He wasn't sure of the model and said he thought it was a top break, but when he looked at the '75 in our display case he said that was the model.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:08:05 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com