Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 19, 2018, 11:45:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt SAA Clones (Moderators: RRio, Gen Lew Wallace, Hoof Hearted)  |  Topic: New Colt SAA clone manufacturer 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Colt SAA clone manufacturer  (Read 9195 times)
Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2017, 11:21:52 am »

Major 2,

At best, I've heard some rustling in the bushes and some faint movement of the under-growth.  I have not seen any live examples of the critter.  It's rumored Big Foot may have one on test.  It remains as illusive as the fabled Unicorn.

And at a market exchange ratio of 3 for one (Three GW II for ONE of those) I think smart money is on the Pietta.  The rumored "Standard" offering is on "maybe" offer for stupid money.

Coffinmaker
LonesomePigeon
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2017, 08:43:31 pm »

They said at SHOT Show they hope to have them available by November of 2017 so they aren't behind schedule yet. The gun that is on their website now is different than the one that was up a couple months ago. It seems to have a 3 digit serial number too.
satchmo
Citizen

« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 06:49:28 pm »

I rec’d an email today from Standard Manufacturing announcing that their SAA reproductions are now available for immediate shipment.

Checked their website and it says the same thing.

Anybody seen one yet?

Has anyone posted or published a review?

$1895.00 + $40 shipping.
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 06:59:05 pm »

Welp...you could be the first on your block...board , State ?   Wink

satchmo
Citizen

« Reply #29 on: Yesterday at 08:15:06 pm »

Found a review from Guns and Ammo dated June, 2018.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/handguns/review-standard-manufacturing-sa-revolver-engraved/

It contains a couple of discrepancies when compared to the Standard Mfg current website and today’s email announcement.

First one is the price.  G&A lists the engraved version at $2000 and the standard version at $1595, vs current lis price of $2450 for the engraved version and $1895 not engraved.

The other discrepancy that I saw is one of the photos clearly shows a modern type (concave) firing pin vs the website and announcement which states that the firing pin is cone type.  I hope this is the case.
LonesomePigeon
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #30 on: Yesterday at 11:25:22 pm »

I saved pictures of the gun Standard had on their website prior to today's announcement. The gun that was on their site before is different than the one on there now. Besides the cone firing pin it looks like they have changed the front site, the new front site has a better profile in my opinion.
Galloway
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #31 on: Today at 01:02:30 pm »

Good for them! Thats farther than most of these rumors make it. If they can land a contract with lipseys or bass pro id say we have something.
Professor Marvel
purveyor of useless items to the gentry
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

life is too short to waste on stupid

« Reply #32 on: Today at 03:03:58 pm »

Ah My Dear Netizens -

another vendor has (finally) entered the fray with more than announcements,  smoke, mirrors, cgi photoshopped images, and one or two prototypes.

plusses:
 - Welllllll, at least they finally came out with it.
- it showed up not too far off from the announced timeframe
- the pictures look verrrrry pretty
-  gunrag reviews are beyond glowing (what else?)
- photos on THEIR webpage show screwslots all aligned- aka "timed" or "clocked" screws  ( love to see that happen in production)

minusses:
- photos on THEIR webpage seem show poor grip-to-metal fit
- price increases from ~ $1500 (announced) to $1900 plus shipping, plus, plus plus....,
- none are even in the wild yet, nobody has seen any on the shelves anywhere
- they do not appear to be "for sale" , they appear to be "taking orders"
         Call me grumpy, but When they show up on Bud's or the LGS, then I'll believe it.

--- "As a special introductory and limited time offer, we are providing a lifetime warranty on these Single Action Revolvers"

oh, that smacks of Marketeer BS and Ronco Talk!
 "Step Right Up, buy it now and we'll throw in absolutely free- for a limited time"
 either you provide a decent warranty , now and forever, or you don't.

last, I was just at the LGS and was drooling over the cavalry length laser engraved Italians for less than $700 out the door....
that buys me TWO pistolas and still have over $500 to spend on , oh I don't know,  food?
or one pistol and replace the furnace?

(Or I can skip the engraving and have any caliber and barrel length , cased & blued for under $400 each .... just saying...)

Oddly, I really don't feel deprived "just because" I'm shooting my Italian CapGuns or 1873's .

yhs
prof marvel

Professor Marvel's Traveling Apothecary and Fortune Telling Emporium
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods, and Picture Postcards
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #33 on: Today at 06:49:31 pm »

Nail squarely hit on the head , Professor ....

I'm of the opinion " 'Fool me once, shame on you, (the Fletcher Bidwell Spencer  & the great Merwin Hurbert scam )

fool me twice, shame on me'

Coffinmaker
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #34 on: Today at 10:15:52 pm »

I really don't want to get into a really long wordy dissertation (yes I do) as the Perfesser and Majr 2 have already said everything I could and the Perfesser were much more eloquent that I (for the most part).  I do however, have a couple of CAVEAT(s).

There is no indication of improvement to Coil Spring and Plunger for the hand.

The conical firing pin is of no benefit over a concave taper firing pin.

There is no indication of improvement with a Hard Bushing in the recoil shield.

There is no indication of an improvement in the Main Spring (Coil ??)

They (Mfgr) claim precision.  OK, Show Me.

It would appear the new kids on the block have actually found a more expensive way to make an SA than Donnally did.  Amazing.

No way they are going to amortize their stat up costs.  Underwhelmed am I.  Also opinionated !!

Oh, almost forgot.  If your inclined to write a check for one of these, I suggest you write the check to ME.  That way one of us will be happy   Roll Eyes
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #35 on: Today at 10:49:14 pm »

I'll split it with you.... then 2 out of three are happy ...and 2 out 3 ain't bad !

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Colt SAA Clones (Moderators: RRio, Gen Lew Wallace, Hoof Hearted)  |  Topic: New Colt SAA clone manufacturer « previous next »
Jump to: