Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 10:28:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: The new Year is here. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The new Year is here.  (Read 11882 times)
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2017, 07:19:10 am »

We have 1" of the Evil White Substance, automated voice called to cancel school. No call yet to cancel work, though. Cry
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2017, 08:04:48 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis -3 and overcast. High of 2.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2017, 08:34:31 am »

We have 1" of the Evil White Substance, automated voice called to cancel school. No call yet to cancel work, though. Cry

I work for the school here...the kids got yesterday off, but i didn't. Undecided

Morning all.

plans for today include: napping, eating, and trying not to freeze.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2017, 12:46:10 pm »

Still 9F sunny and about 3 inches of fresh snow.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2017, 03:47:29 pm »

There is white stuff everywhere out side out abode...and waves crashing too.. Grin

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2017, 11:34:13 pm »

There is white stuff everywhere out side out abode...and waves crashing too.. Grin

I suspect that it is "Good White Substance" surrounding Good Troy's waterfront abode. At least it's good when it's not getting inside your shoes.
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2017, 07:01:12 am »

Snowed yesterday, just enough to be annoying. This morning it's colder than a well digger's patoot out there. Not really looking forwards to being out in it, but duty calls. Hopefully it'll be a short day Roll Eyes Tongue

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2017, 07:15:32 am »

A couple of inches of E.W.S. still on the ground. Schools still closed. Work still not closed. End of report.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2017, 07:54:04 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis -7 and cloudy. WC -19. High of 3.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2017, 08:28:58 am »

Morning all.

Today's forecast: doom and destruction, or something like that.  Supposed to warm up to 35-40, and rain for the next week.  People are losing their minds.  Couldn't say why, though.  We always get a week or two of rain in winter, it just comes with the territory. 

Finishing breakfast right now, then going to go "grind some nose on the stone," to quote my uncle.

Yesterday I had to go to the city.  Why do crazy people have to congregate at Costco?

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2017, 11:05:35 am »

Ended up with about 3 ½  inches of  stiff with stuff yesterday morning.  All set to get out the stiff white stuff blower, only discover after 3 years of no use, it wouldn’t start!  Luckily it wasn’t getting about freezing, so it stayed light and fluffy and easy to shovel.

The streets weren’t in too good a shape, so we postponed the birthday diner until tonight.

More snow tomorrow, turning to rain on Sunday.  The Truckee River is looking at possible flooding in downtown Reno.

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2017, 08:37:14 pm »

Just more cold here today. had to clear all the walks around the barn this morning. Stuff wasn't wet, so it basically pushed off. Finished touching up the sand paint on the floor of the restrooms from the replacement of the johns(3).

Had a Stouffer's lasagna tonight for dinner, along with some three cheese Texas toast. Not bad for store bought Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2017, 09:17:59 pm »

The Truckee River is looking at possible flooding in downtown Reno.

I've been to Reno 9 times, and 8 of them were raining.   Roll Eyes  I'll be going again in March, then moving there in August/September (Lord willing and the Truckee don't rise too much) .  Hopefully it doesn't rain the whole time I'm there. Tongue

Today's forecast turned out wrong.  It stayed around 33 and mildly overcast/sunny.  Just warm enough to melt a little ice and make it all slippery.  No rain yet,  but we'll see tomorrow.

--TK

Russ T Chambers
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2017, 09:13:35 am »

Coffee and water are hot!

No sn*w yet, but still predicting 1-3”.  Rain is supposed to be 2.75” on Sunday, then back to the white stuff on Monday for another 3-5”.

Made it out to dinner last night, and the main roads were clear and dry, but the side streets are still packed down and a bit slick.

Kid, you should have come over more often, we could have used more rain over the last couple years.  It looks like this one set of storms could pull us out of our three year drought.

Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2017, 09:53:15 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis -8 and sunny. High of 6.

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2017, 02:05:57 pm »

Morning/afternoon all.

That big scary rain storm never materialized.  Instead we ended up with an inch of white stuff...and a bunch of people in the ditch. 

Russ, maybe we should switch places.  I'll solve your drought if you solve mine.  My part of California has been in a pretty decent drought for ten years.  Shocked  Our lake hasn't been past 60% full since 2006-7, which is interesting because it's second or third largest reservoir in the state.

--TK

Russ T Chambers
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2017, 05:55:49 pm »

When I moved here in ’92 you could walk across the Truckee on the large rocks in the river bed, and not get your feet wet.  New Years 1997, I was filling sand bags and trying to keep the water out of the Nevada Bell cable vaults on 1st street downtown (that’s one block from the river).  The water was up to top of the parking meters outside the building.  Then nothing but below normal precip. until 2005 (luckily I was retired by the, so no sand bagging).  Again no major precip. until now.  This one is expected to possibly be worse than 1955 (the flood of floods around here).  They have already closed the Washoe County schools for Monday.  We shall see!  Still no sn*w, and very little rain.

Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2017, 06:36:31 pm »

Happy New Year....that little dog missing since New years eve .... found her way home...
"SHE" that shall be obeyed, is ecstatic  Cheesy

Dirty, a small divot of hair to the hide ( I assume where she squeeze under the gate ) minor scratch ....otherwise none the worse for a week to the day/hour missing.

Happy Happy for my wife ....
Russ T Chambers
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2017, 06:49:37 pm »

Glad she made her way home, with only dirt and a scratch!

Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2017, 09:25:44 pm »

Every one of those years mirrors us exactly. Shocked  Though, the 1955 was a little before my time. Roll Eyes  '95 too, technically...

Light rain today, most of the day.  still white stuff around, though we may not be traveling to the city tomorrow for church if the precip continues.  Don't want to get stuck down there the day before school starts.

--TK

* lewiston-bridge-1940.jpg (138.37 KB, 1200x791 - viewed 40 times.)

* lewbridgenew.JPG (50.08 KB, 400x300 - viewed 39 times.)

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2017, 08:07:15 am »

Coldest day of the year for us , is 36 out here in ranch cow hunting country.

Twaz an elec. blanket night.  Heat for this abode is reverse cycle air cond.  we use it but not often... 
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2017, 09:26:57 am »

Supposed to get above freezing here today. Maybe our high will exceed M2s low temp. Probably won't get rid of all traces of the E.W.S., though.

Gun show yesterday, nothing much I couldn't resist. Bought some ammo, .380, 6.5 Carcano, 7.5 French. And- ta da! a box of .22-525 rounds, Remington, $35. Still seems too high to me, but the cheapest I have personally seen in years.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2017, 10:27:10 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis -4 and sunny. High of 11.

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2017, 11:34:25 am »

Morning all.

Gully washer hit last night.  Temperature decided to jump from freezing to about 40 around midnight.  That changed the white stuff falling to rain... 1 1/2 inches since midnight.  It's 8:30 right now Shocked

PE, count yourself lucky.  In my part of the world, my mom and grandma had to tag team it to get 300 rounds, and paid a grand total of $45. 

--TK

Russ T Chambers
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2017, 12:59:14 pm »

No gully washers here, just a steady rainfall since about 2:00.  Suppose to keep this up all day and into the night, then turn to snow around 4:00 tomorrow morning.

Russ T. Chambers
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: The new Year is here. « previous next »
Jump to: