Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 01:37:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: something to ponder 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: something to ponder  (Read 2267 times)
Dan Gerous
Very Active Citizen

« on: December 17, 2016, 05:28:40 pm »

Here's something to ponder on a cold Winter day. Let's say you are casting for the ultimate Western movie. You can use any actor, living or dead (hey it works on Star Trek!). Who would you pick? I'll throw out a few names to start: John Wayne (of course!),Clint  Eastwood, Lee Van Cleef ..... Who else?

All growed up and still playin' Cowboy!
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

With Cheyenne Luke

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 05:31:44 pm »

Randolph Scott, Sam Elliott.

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573
River City John
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

Mr. & Mrs. John Covert

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 05:51:48 pm »

Steve Buscemi, Martin Balsam, Audrey Hepburn, Zasu Pitts and Zero Mostel.

RCJ

"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275
http://www.cascity.com/posseprofiles/River_City_John
Quick Fire
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 05:59:35 pm »

Chief Dan George, Will Sampson , Tom Selleck, Jimmy Stewart and Lee Marvin along with the Duke.

QuickFire                                                                           NCOWS#1717                                                                    SASS#32550                                                                     GRAND ARMY of the FRONTIER                                             Darksider for life
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 07:13:26 pm »

Roy Rogers, of course.  Cheesy  DeForest Kelley and Leonard Nimoy too.  Smiley Burnette and George Hayes.  Audie Murphy, Gene Autry.  And The Sons of the Pioneers.

With Dale Evans, and Olivia de Havilland too.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
PJ Hardtack
American Plainsmen Society
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 08:02:21 pm »

James Caan and James Coburn. Oh, and the guy who played the bad Sheriff in "The Unforgiven" whose name escapes me ....

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

With Cheyenne Luke

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 09:26:47 pm »

Gene Hackman?  He's written at least one western novel too, by the way.

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573
Forty Rod
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 11:29:58 pm »

Arthur Honeycutt and Dub Taylor.  Maybe Bruce Dern if I needed a villain.

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2016, 07:08:29 am »

Jeff Bridges   ( Wild Bill & True Grit )

I think  "Ol"  Jeff & Sam Elliot  would make great team  .....I also offer Robert Duvall and Kurt Russell, Lee Marvin

Thomas Haden Church, gets a call as well .

the supporting cast... Woody Strode, Dub Taylor , Strother Martin , Ben Johnson , Marty Borgnine & Arthur Honeycutt .

Yeah..tha'd be a Western , I'd  walk to see 
Rye Miles
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2016, 08:46:36 am »

Clint Eastwood, Tom Selleck, Ed Harris, Roy Rogers, Lash LaRue, Hopalong Cassidy, Gene Autry, Sam Elliot, Sam Shepard, Robert DuVall, Gene Hackman (as the bad guy) Raquel Welch, Ann Margaret, Catherine Zita Jones Shocked

Northeast Ohio

God created man, Sam Colt made them equal
Galen
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 12:21:06 pm »

Milburn Stone, Paul Fix, Ward Bond jus to start.
August
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2016, 02:21:03 pm »

Easy, peasy, Robert Duval
SimmerinLightning
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2016, 10:40:09 pm »

Oh man, I would love to see Randolph Scott go up against Bruce Dern. Ditto Glenn Ford or Jimmy Stewart. Gene Hackman* makes an excellent bad guy too: maybe Dern and Lee Van Cleef could be his henchmen. Oh, and a younger Richard Boone, who in fact played opposite Scott in a couple of movies and is an excellent bad guy.
I would round out the cast with Arthur Hunnicutt, Deforest Kelley, Woody Strode, maybe the more serious Jack Elam. Thomas Haden Church.
Female lead? The only one who presently comes to mind is Michele Carey. I must ponder this further.

*Gene Hackman was the only thing good about "Quick and the Dead" and almost, ALMOST makes the movie bearable to watch.
Sagebrush Burns
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2016, 11:08:33 pm »

Maureen O'Hara.
Charles Isaac
Grand Army of the Frontier
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2016, 08:49:12 pm »

Can't believe no one said Tom Mix-that was one cool cowboy!

And Angelina Jolie.

Buffalo Creek Law Dog
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2016, 10:06:23 pm »

Hugh O'Brian,  Harry Cary Jr,  Kurt Russel,  James Arness

SASS 66621
BOLD 678
AFS 43
NFA
Shawnee McGrutt
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2016, 06:08:40 am »

Charles Isaac,  cool picture of Tom Mix. 

National Congress of Old West Shootists 3633
Single Action Shooting Society 88462
Society of Remington Revolver Shooters
The Sublyme and Holy Order of the Soot
"I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question." - Yogi Berra
Jubal Starbuck
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2016, 09:19:34 am »

Henry Fonda, Jason Robards, Jack Elam, Ben Johnson, L.Q. Jones, Strother Martin,Warren Oats, Wes Stidi.
PJ Hardtack
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2016, 01:00:08 pm »

James Coburn.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne
Oldtrader3
Citizen

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2017, 12:03:36 am »

Grace Kelly in High Noon?
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2017, 11:13:01 am »

Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, Danny Glover, Robert Urich, Diane Lane, Angelica Houston, William Sanderson, Steve Buscemi, Chris Cooper, Ricky Schroder, Barry Corbin, are a few that come to mind!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

With Cheyenne Luke

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2017, 11:35:05 am »

Robert Duvall, Tommy Lee Jones, Danny Glover, Robert Urich, Diane Lane, Angelica Houston, William Sanderson, Steve Buscemi, Chris Cooper, Ricky Schroder, Barry Corbin, are a few that come to mind!
I seem to remember that cast being in a western already.  It sounds like you already have your ultimate western!  Grin

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2017, 01:29:02 pm »

CCG... Lonesome Dove had a great cast! 
It would be hard for me to pick a better cast for a western...maybe we could fit Wes Studi in there somewhere? 

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

With Cheyenne Luke

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2017, 01:46:40 pm »

Well, Wes Studi did make it into one of the "sequels" to Lonesome Dove, but I would like to see more with him in it.  I think he's a pretty underrated actor.

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
SSS #573
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2017, 04:10:25 pm »

Studi put on great performances in Last of the Mahicans, and Dances with Wolves.

Here are some actors that I'd like to see in a western...

Javier Bardem....He's played several roles as a deranged bad guy.  I think he could pass a native, but definitely as a deranged bad guy. He could even play a good older Mexican gentleman.

Mickey Rourke....bad guy for sure!

Tilda Swinton as a Madame or soiled dove.  She has a strange look and way about her that I think would fit in well to this type of character...particular if that character was an antagonist.

Tom Hardy as a rough and tumble cowhand or lawman...one that could get the job done at any cost.

I'm trying to come up with someone that I'd like to see play roles like William Sanderson played in the past...you know, the misfit/outcast.  I'll think of someone eventually.

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: something to ponder « previous next »
Jump to: