Author Topic: USA made Nettlton front sight and serial numer range.  (Read 2772 times)

Offline LonesomePigeon

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
USA made Nettlton front sight and serial numer range.
« on: December 16, 2016, 10:12:35 PM »
As I understand it, normally the USFA American made front sights are the same thickness top to bottom, whereas the Italian made front sights are thicker at the bottom and thinner at the top. Did the USA made Nettleton's(and possibly other Inspector Series guns) have a front sight that looks more like the Italian front sight, thinner at the top?

I might as well ask this here too. Is there a known serial number range for when the 100% American made Nettleton's began?

The reason I ask is because I recently saw a Nettleton on GB and it included the pamphlet with the words "100% American Made" but it looked to me like the front sight was thinner. Perhaps in the interest of historical accuracy the American made Nettleton's had a thinner front sight?

Offline St. George

• Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: USA made Nettlton front sight and serial numer range.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 09:42:31 AM »
I always took that to mean '100% American Made - With Italian Parts'...

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Offline GaryG

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 10:02:29 AM »
Any of the guns with the black powder frame (v notch rear sight) came with a tapered front sight.  Cross pin frames came with a square notch rear sight and an untapered front sight.  There were a few cross pin framed guns made with a v notch rear sight and they would have been made with a tapered front sight.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 04:24:06 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com