Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 17, 2017, 04:22:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: "Godspeed, John Glenn," 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Godspeed, John Glenn,"  (Read 594 times)
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« on: December 08, 2016, 06:05:10 pm »

I remember watching him in 1962 the first US Astronaut to orbit..... saw him go on the Shuttle  in 95.

America's Buck Rogers passed today "Godspeed, John Glenn,"
Trailrider
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 08:24:37 pm »

(Salute)  Cry R.I.P., Sir!  Godspeed, John Glenn.

Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 10:10:22 pm »

Certainly a unique fellow.  Had the pleasure of meeting his wife a few years back. 

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Rye Miles
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 08:43:50 am »

I commend his service to our country but as a Ohio resident I can tell you that as a Senator he was an anti-gun voting liberal who didn't know the difference between a FULL auto and SEMI auto. He replied to a letter that I sent him about the "assault weapon ban" in the 90's and he wrote back saying AUTOMATIC weapons had no place in our society and used the famous California bank robbery where the criminals had FULL autos as an example. Guess he didn't know the difference between FULL and SEMI!!!  Terrible senator!!

Northeast Ohio

God created man, Sam Colt made them equal
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  CAS TOPICS  |  The Longbranch (Moderators: Marshal Halloway, Silver Creek Slim, Camille Eonich)  |  Topic: "Godspeed, John Glenn," « previous next »
Jump to: