Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 01:49:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Frontier Iron (Moderator: St. George)  |  Topic: Uberti Schofield trigger pull 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Uberti Schofield trigger pull  (Read 1156 times)
Cody Bill
Citizen

« on: December 05, 2016, 07:39:23 pm »

Hello for those of you who shoot the schofield I'm looking at a new one at my local gun shop. It has fairly heavy trigger pull at least for me. Do all the schofields have a heavy pull or just some of them? Also I've read that removing the internal safety will help lighten the pull some. Is this true?
Old No7
Active citizen

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2016, 09:52:21 am »

If it's a Uberti, a good amount of the trigger pull is from the added safety.  I've read here that others have removed the small internal safety and that helps improve the pull -- I've not done it to mine yet, but it's on a future "to do" list.

Maybe some others will chime in with comments on how easy the fix is, and how well it worked for them.

Tight groups.

Old No7

"Freedom and the Second Amendment...  One cannot exist without the other."  2000 DTH
Pitspitr
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 10:34:14 am »

You can lighten the trigger a little by loosening the little screw on the bottom, front of the grip frame. Unfortunately this also makes it prone to fall out at which point the hammer fall becomes too light to reliably ignite primers. The internal safety will lighten the trigger a little as well, but if you should have an accident that injures someone the lawyers will have a field day with it.

To the best of my knowledge there isn't a "great" solution.

I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA RSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Endowment Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life
St. George
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

NCOWS , GAF, B.O.L.D., Order of St. George, SOCOM,

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 11:50:56 am »

I don't recommend removing any safety device.

That's a lawsuit waiting to happen - no matter 'what' the so-called 'shootists' say...

Your best option is to stone away any burrs wherever you've encountered them - re-lube and try - or pay somebody to do so for you.

Italian steel's soft - their screws can be even softer - this combination doesn't bode well for competition, but for regular use (without speed) it seems to be just fine.

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."
kwilliams1876
Very Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 01:48:15 pm »

hello
before you lay down the money, really give it a once over, we are talking serious scrutiny. as i wrote here awhile back, my schofield was an abomination of parts. check the forcing cone and muzzle crown for concentricity. also my chamber alignment was way off and shaved lead like you could not believe. the point of aim was a mile off.  even the hammer failed to fall on the primer sometimes. if you are going to shoot black powder and its a .45, that becomes another issue to consider. yes i know some have gotten a good one.  i just  thought i would give you a heads up and good luck.

regards
Cody Bill
Citizen

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 06:00:21 pm »

Thanks to all for the replys and suggestions. I went ahead and bought the schofield. I believe I got a good one.The trigger pull weighs in at about 6 pounds but seems to break fairly clean. Most of my guns have about a 2 pound pull so this will take some getting use to but I believe I can. I was able to run 25 rounds through it this afternoon using 5.8 grains of trail boss and a 250 gr. Bullet. At 13 yards it shot pretty much to point of aim. After 10 shots I was able to shoot a one hole group about one inch to the right. This was shooting one handed which is how I normally shoot. I then shot 10 rounds at a steel plate about 8 inches in diameter at 15 yards with no misses. So far I'm really satisfied with the purchase.
Pitspitr
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

308 214-0082 45551 Rd 816, Sargent NE 68874 USA

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 07:02:20 am »

Sounds like you got a good one!
Congratulations

I remain, Your Ob'd Servant,
Jerry M. "Pitspitr" Davenport
(Bvt.)Brigadier General Commanding,
Grand Army of the Frontier
BC/IT, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, CC, SoM
NRA RSO, RVWA IIT2; SASS ROI, ROII;
NRA Endowment Life; AZSA Life; NCOWS Life
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Special Interests - Groups & Societies  |  Frontier Iron (Moderator: St. George)  |  Topic: Uberti Schofield trigger pull « previous next »
Jump to: