Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 02:32:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: December Coffee and Sn*w 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: December Coffee and Sn*w  (Read 10970 times)
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 10:31:26 pm »

So tonight there was water shooting out of the island up the street, called dispatch again, someone came and fixed it,no idea who. Roll Eyes

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2016, 08:08:23 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 18, overcast and windy. High of 23.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2016, 08:49:30 pm »

Evening all.  Got water on the fire, and beans cookin'. Roll Eyes

Had a job interview this morning.  Went in, the interview was over in 15 minutes and I figured that with it so short, I wasn't going to get it.  Went to the local gun store, chatted a while, then came home.  I had just sat down to lunch when I got a call to inform me that I got the job.  Shocked
Went back down to the place, filled out a bunch of paperwork, got fingerprinted etc.  Tomorrow I'm going to the city for a pre-employment physical and a drug screening.  Then I should start work on the 19th.  Not a bad gig.

Walking back from the sheriff's dept.  where I got my fingerprints taken, and it started to drop the white stuff on me.  When I was walking home, it started really coming down.  Now we have almost two inches.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2016, 08:52:23 pm »

Evening all.  Got water on the fire, and beans cookin'. Roll Eyes

Had a job interview this morning.  Went in, the interview was over in 15 minutes and I figured that with it so short, I wasn't going to get it.  Went to the local gun store, chatted a while, then came home.  I had just sat down to lunch when I got a call to inform me that I got the job.  Shocked
Went back down to the place, filled out a bunch of paperwork, got fingerprinted etc.  Tomorrow I'm going to the city for a pre-employment physical and a drug screening.  Then I should start work on the 19th.  Not a bad gig.

Walking back from the sheriff's dept.  where I got my fingerprints taken, and it started to drop the white stuff on me.  When I was walking home, it started really coming down.  Now we have almost two inches.

--TK
What is the job?

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2016, 08:10:30 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 16, overcast and windy. "Cloudy with scattered snow showers. Highs in the upper 20s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent."

Slim

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2016, 08:30:51 am »

Had an appointment with which doctor yesterday...
Yep,  I spelled that correctly "which doctor "  Roll Eyes
routine prescription look see  ...never see the same Doc or PA or seldom the same nurse twice...
Dr. Link  owns the practice , that has two location for " my " convenience  as it were    Undecided
Yeah,  the missing link  have yet to see her ever !   
this time it was Dr. Duncan (PA ) , never seen her before ,   some guy (PA) before that... Dr. Sarah Lemaster  before that, a year ago.
Back in the days,  I had Dr. Nystrum and had some rapport.   

I have found where Dr. Nystrum has joined another (partnered)  practice and I will reacquaint myself ( my Wife already has ) to that location.

I'm over, seeing a new yahoo every 6 months , and answer the same questions , the same ones they have on my chart !  time & time again.

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2016, 10:46:43 am »

Could be worse, Major.  It could have been a colonoscopy appointment. Shocked Roll Eyes

Morning all.  We have about 5 inches of the white stuff on the ground.  Loosely translated, that means, "Quick! Everyone drive into the ditch!"  Didn't get called for any Search and Rescue operations, but considering the cold I'm not upset about that.  Roll Eyes
Leaving for the city at 9:30 for doctor stuff.  The whole "turn your head and cough" deal.

Slim, it's entry level at the county Office of Education.  Technically "Custodian I."   $14.76/hour, working 8 hours a week.  Not a bad set up, though I question why it's 76 cents versus 75.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2016, 07:24:36 pm »

Not bad for an entry level position, TK.

Happy birthday, Del!
Slim

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2016, 08:04:43 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 17 and clear. High of 21.

Slim

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2016, 08:15:06 am »

Burrr....Thanks for the coffee!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2016, 12:03:03 pm »

53 degrees right now noon Friday...and getting cooler...
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2016, 12:48:11 pm »

Good Day all.

The white stuff has mostly melted away in this part of the world.  Now we can start pulling more city slickers out of the ditches  Roll Eyes

Had an interesting occurrence yesterday.  Apparently a propane delivery driver didn't shut off the valve on the truck all the way, so he drove through town spewing liquid propane around.  Fortunately, nobody behind him tried to light a smoke.  Shocked

Now off to sign more paperwork.

--TK

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2016, 01:33:40 pm »

Didn't stay liquid long.   Grin

Radio said it was 0 this morning.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2016, 03:31:30 pm »

We was in the low 20's this morning with about a half inch of the evil white stuff. took a broom to the drive, then went out early with my associate and proceeded to spread 35 80lb. bags of salt on the streets of this manufactured housing community. We have some fairly steep hills here and it don't take much for folks to get to slippy-sliding on them if they're not careful( imagine that!) Roll Eyes Shocked Undecided

Oh, yeah, happy Birthday a day late you grumpy old cosie! Grin

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2016, 12:20:17 pm »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 15 and sunny. High of 17. Sn*w starting tonight.

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2016, 12:44:18 pm »

Morning all.

cloudy here, 38 degrees.  Supposed to get to 45, with more rain.

Was supposed to have a search and rescue training today, but I never got a phone call telling me where it was supposed to be.  Huh  Hard to train when you don't know where you're training.  And apparently, the only guy in the group whose phone number I have...changed it.  Was it something I said?

--TK

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2016, 01:43:09 pm »

Hard to train when you don't know where you're training.  --TK

That's where the "search" part of "search and rescue" comes in!
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2016, 04:55:17 pm »

Morning all.

cloudy here, 38 degrees.  Supposed to get to 45, with more rain.

Was supposed to have a search and rescue training today, but I never got a phone call telling me where it was supposed to be.  Huh  Hard to train when you don't know where you're training.  And apparently, the only guy in the group whose phone number I have...changed it.  Was it something I said?

--TK

Shower more often. Grin

Not sure it sounds like an organization I'd want to depend on to find me, sounds like a clustermess. Wink

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2016, 08:37:46 pm »

1/4" of sn*w so far. 6+" by tomorrow night.

Slim

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2016, 03:37:53 am »

1/4" of sn*w so far. 6+" by tomorrow night.

Slim
Yuck.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2016, 10:14:35 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

1" at 05:30. 4+" now.
'Tis 19 and sn*wing. High of 26 and sn*w. The Pack plays at 15:25 in the sn*w.

Slim

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2016, 06:59:45 pm »

We got 1-3" depending on where you're at. Just got done spreading 21 80lb. bags of salt on the streets. This was my weekend off.....well, it was. Did some cleaning yesterday and laundry today. Still have towels to fold and the clean up from the chili I made. Sorry Del, it did have beans in it Roll Eyes Shocked

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2016, 07:48:20 pm »

Ended up getting 4.5".

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2016, 08:50:19 pm »

Night pot on the coals.

Had a trip to the city today for church.  It was cloudy both places.  Undecided

I just got home from the annual Christmas concert, though this time I was in the audience instead of the stage.  It's definitely a different experience.

2" of white stuff forecast for tonight, though they say it'll be gone by noon.  Saves me the shoveling. Roll Eyes

--TK

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2016, 08:03:53 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 16 and overcast. High of 20.

Slim

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: December Coffee and Sn*w « previous next »
Jump to: