Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 10:28:57 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Howdy from Slow Wilson in South Africa 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Howdy from Slow Wilson in South Africa  (Read 1047 times)
Slow Wison
Citizen

« on: December 13, 2016, 09:43:24 am »

Joined CAS City today as a new member.  There are 4 CAS clubs in South Africa - see http://www.westernshooters.co.za/. We shoot CAS based on the SASS rules, with a few small variations regarding acceptable firearms due to sourcing problems in South Africa.

I am a SASS Black Pin Instructor and have been trying to find some Wild Bunch training outline similar to the SASS RO1 and RO2 presentations.  I have cobbled a WB training course together based on my IDPA training (I am also an IDPA SO) and the WB Orientation course.  Also used some bits from Capt. Baylor's "WB for dummies".

I find that shooters transitioning from CAS to WB can do some scary things when their 1911 jams, so would like to benchmark the training course I have against other courses.  Any suggestions?

Regards, Slow Wilson
Rye Miles
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2016, 08:38:09 pm »

Welcome aboard! What are some of the "restrictions" on the firearms you use? Cap and Ball and black powder only maybe??? What about rifles, shotguns etc. I never knew that CAS was in South Africa! Interesting! Cool

Northeast Ohio

God created man, Sam Colt made them equal
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: Howdy from Slow Wilson in South Africa « previous next »
Jump to: