Author Topic: Gun Control: Tombstone  (Read 6727 times)

Offline Drydock

• MA1 USN ret. GAF #19, Colonel, Chief of Staff. BC, CC, SoM. SASS 1248 Life
  • American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
Civilize them with a Krag . . .

Offline Malamute

• Active citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Gun Control: Tombstone
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 01:40:05 AM »
 Video keeps getting stuck on my computer.  :(  Will have to try it on another computer.

When visiting Tombstone in the 80s on motorcycles, we were informed that our open carried pistols (there was no legal concealed carry at the time) were not legal to carry in Tombstone, by law instituted by Wyatt Earp. It was still on the books, and I believe the only town in the state that did not allow carry of firearms. I'm not sure if the law was overturned on state pre-emption grounds, I recall some discussion of it, but don't know the end result.

Offline Doug.38PR

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 08:09:14 PM »
As much as I like My Darling Clementine, Gunfight at OK Corral and Tombstone...I will never look at the Gunfight at OK Corral and Wyatt Earp the same again. 

What's interesting is that Texas had the same kind of Statewide Gun Control act passed during Reconstruction when Republicans (Carpetbaggers and Scalawags) were in control.  Effectively disarming the Democrats (Southerners).  Also selectively enforced by those who were in charge at any given time and became a tool for power by both parties. 

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 05:41:34 AM »

Offline shrapnel

• There is nothing like the original
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Keeping what made the West safe, alive
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 06:29:54 PM »
Video keeps getting stuck on my computer.  :(  Will have to try it on another computer.

When visiting Tombstone in the 80s on motorcycles, we were informed that our open carried pistols (there was no legal concealed carry at the time) were not legal to carry in Tombstone, by law instituted by Wyatt Earp. It was still on the books, and I believe the only town in the state that did not allow carry of firearms. I'm not sure if the law was overturned on state pre-emption grounds, I recall some discussion of it, but don't know the end result.

Laws like this, no matter how old are still unconstitutional, it is just that they have never been tried constitutionally. This country is full of these straw laws that citizens abide by and no one ever questions why...
I never considered myself a failure...I started out at the bottom and happen to like it here!

sfc rick

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2017, 06:30:33 AM »
As much as I like My Darling Clementine, Gunfight at OK Corral and Tombstone...I will never look at the Gunfight at OK Corral and Wyatt Earp the same again. 

What's interesting is that Texas had the same kind of Statewide Gun Control act passed during Reconstruction when Republicans (Carpetbaggers and Scalawags) were in control.  Effectively disarming the Democrats (Southerners).  Also selectively enforced by those who were in charge at any given time and became a tool for power by both parties. 

I agree completely, Texas was infested with them carpetbaggers and Union Republicans who stripped the State of it's 2nd amendment and added in Article 23 to the Constitution so Texas citizens and the newly freed slaves could be controlled much better. Those same carpetbaggers from Mexico (today) and current band of Republicans in the Houses of Legislature ARE STILL THERE and will not let go of Article 23. Constitutional Carry will not happen as long as our Mexican style of state control stays in office.

Offline Cliff Fendley

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 360
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 07:48:51 AM »
I just finished reading a book called the last gunfight. Very interesting when you analyze both sides of the situation. Neither the cowboys or the Earps were saints.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Offline Doug.38PR

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2017, 03:58:46 PM »
I agree completely, Texas was infested with them carpetbaggers and Union Republicans who stripped the State of it's 2nd amendment and added in Article 23 to the Constitution so Texas citizens and the newly freed slaves could be controlled much better. Those same carpetbaggers from Mexico (today) and current band of Republicans in the Houses of Legislature ARE STILL THERE and will not let go of Article 23. Constitutional Carry will not happen as long as our Mexican style of state control stays in office.

All the more reason for the President's Wall, deportations and enforcement of our immigration laws so the right kind of people move to Texas to actually be Texans.  

After 100 years of Hollywood, political correctness and propaganda, but we have forgotten what an aggressive country Mexico is not just to Texas but to all of the United States.   Patriotism and heritage may have been forgotten by a lot of our citizens but I promise you Mexican people have not.  They still identity with their country and their politics and have no interest in being Texans, Americans or even old Tejanos.    Look up La Reconquista of La Raza.   They believe Texas and the rest of America belong to their country.  Furthermore their national saying is "Mexico for the Mexicans".    The whole country may not be all militant about that but they are taught that from cradle to grave.   They are even aggressive and nationalistic against other latin American people.

sfc rick

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 06:06:16 AM »
All the more reason for the President's Wall, deportations and enforcement of our immigration laws so the right kind of people move to Texas to actually be Texans.  

After 100 years of Hollywood, political correctness and propaganda, but we have forgotten what an aggressive country Mexico is not just to Texas but to all of the United States.   Patriotism and heritage may have been forgotten by a lot of our citizens but I promise you Mexican people have not.  They still identity with their country and their politics and have no interest in being Texans, Americans or even old Tejanos.    Look up La Reconquista of La Raza.   They believe Texas and the rest of America belong to their country.  Furthermore their national saying is "Mexico for the Mexicans".    The whole country may not be all militant about that but they are taught that from cradle to grave.   They are even aggressive and nationalistic against other latin American people.

I have been a Texan for 61 years and thought I knew how our state legislature operated our state...I was WRONG! I actually watched them during the debates about Open Carry on live video feed stand up to the podium and say in public before cameras and the world to say...They oppose anyone who wants to keep the 2nd Amendment or allow families to defend themselves with firearms! They said outloud, that their constituents back in their districts are too stupid to have firearms and they don't want them to be able to own or use them. Ladies and Gentlemen.... I know this is true as witnessed, never in my life have I ever witnessed such. They wanted 2 classes of citizens, rural citizens can carry firearms and city residents cannot. Divide and Conquer! AND HERE IS THE TRUTH...all of those legislators are Mexican heritage and represent large Latino populations in all the large cities in Texas....take that and let it sink in for a moment. Mexico is winning the War on us...Texans and Tejanos.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com