Author Topic: Help with model letters in cyrillic.  (Read 3560 times)

Offline Buster95

• Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Help with model letters in cyrillic.
« on: October 03, 2016, 03:49:33 PM »
I'm not sure if someone can help me, I'm interested in a Baikal "coach gun" without external hammers I received a pic of the markings and I've never seen this marking before (see pic), anyone know what's the model number? I think it's a IZH-43 E-1C but I'm not sure. The pic is a little blurry but it's the only one I have.

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1204
Re: Help with model letters in cyrillic.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 07:07:38 PM »
So what do you want to know?  If you google that model number, you will get lots of views and reviews.  Appears to be a single-trigger Baikal in various calibers.  In general, Baikals are plain but good workhorses, strong and reliable. 

Are you planning to use it for CAS?  On the older ones at least, the barrels want to close partially after opening/cocking, which gets in the way of reloading.  If you put pressure against the opening lever towards the left when the gun is all the way open, it will stay open (easy to do if you reload with your left hand).  People who do action jobs on them modify or replace the cocking levers on the front of the receiver which allows the barrels to stay open.

I've had my IZH-43 double-trigger 12ga gun for 17 years, although I don't shoot it so much any more since I use my TTN hammer gun mostly.

Welcome to CASCity.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com