Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 04:26:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: We don't want pumpkin spice in our coffee in October 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: We don't want pumpkin spice in our coffee in October  (Read 17426 times)
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 07:00:42 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 53 and overcast. High of 69.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 08:56:20 am »

Thanks for the coffee.  Fall is still making its way to the Coastal Plain. 

BTW, how did the "new" suburban run, Slim?

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2016, 08:53:39 pm »

BTW, how did the "new" suburban run, Slim?
I have it running, but it seems to be running rich/rough. I think I'll have to take it to a mechanic because it is beyond my knowledge.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2016, 07:05:15 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 60 and cloudy. High of 68. 50% chance of rain.

Slim

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2016, 07:31:29 am »

I have it running, but it seems to be running rich/rough. I think I'll have to take it to a mechanic because it is beyond my knowledge.

Slim

You mean you can't adjust a carberator?? Roll Eyes
I've done it once on a motorcycle, but I can't seem to find the carberator on my new Jeep!! Grin

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2016, 11:30:33 am »

Try the MAP ......  Map Air Sensor 

The storm is inching ever closer....  Roll Eyes

https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/OscJRPOXHVgTYmGyKFPMLQ--/YXBwaWQ9aGlnaGxhbmRlcjtzbT0xO3c9NjUwO2g9NTIw/http://globalfinance.zenfs.com/en_us/Finance/US_AFTP_SILICONALLEY_H_LIVE/Hurricane_Matthew_thrashing_the_Caribbean-27615d347ebdf4c4f0d6be28e7a4e98c
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2016, 01:22:37 pm »

You mean you can't adjust a carberator?? Roll Eyes
I've done it once on a motorcycle, but I can't seem to find the carberator on my new Jeep!! Grin

Back in the 70's I won a few 12 packs off of gear heads, Mom and Dad had a 72 VW Type 3 Station Wagon, Bosch K-Jetronic of course.  Would bet them they couldn't find the carb on it.    Grin

Their's was a medium blue though.

* 1971-VW-Squareback-2-Door-Station-Wagon.jpg (39.98 KB, 600x450 - viewed 78 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2016, 06:02:39 pm »

That is a kewl look'n V-dub!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2016, 06:23:40 pm »

looking like just left of center mass,  but looks like we'll hurricane force winds here anyway ... hunkering down

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2016, 06:31:32 pm »

Afternoon all.  I'm heating up a pot of chocolate if anyone is interested.  

Like my grandpa says, real pumpkin spice is when you put Tabasco on your pie.  Roll Eyes

Watch that wind, Major.  It'll steal your kite! Roll Eyes  And nice looking rifle, too.  I'm actually thinking about selling mine to finance a Blackhawk .357. Tongue

Well, I got the scope mounted on the new Ruger, but when we went to finish the paperwork the doj website was down.  Undecided Have to wait until it's back up to get the rifle.  In the meantime, the Colombian blacktail deer remains as elusive as ever, foiling my best attempts to shoot one thus far.  But, I have until the 15th to change that.

In other news, I'm now part of the local Search and Rescue team.  I don't get to go on any calls until after the 15th, which is when I get to sign paperwork, recertify in CPR and go to rappelling practice.  Shocked  

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2016, 10:14:14 pm »

looking like just left of center mass,  but looks like we'll hurricane force winds here anyway ... hunkering down

* 14492523_10201898854750215_8896081983168261180_n.jpg (38.16 KB, 480x332 - viewed 90 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2016, 10:36:29 pm »

I keep that in mind ...Del  Smiley

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2016, 11:55:32 pm »

Good idea, be careful out there.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2016, 07:40:02 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 46 and overcast. "Partly cloudy. Patchy fog in the morning. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 70s. Light and variable wind becoming southeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 30 percent. "

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2016, 10:39:02 pm »

I'll stir the coals and warm the drinks back up for the nighthawks.  Cheesy

City trip today.  Sister had a dentist appointment, I needed my ears lowered, and everyone needed some clothes from an awful place filled with pansies drinking pumpkin spice and wearing skinny jeans.  I believe they call it "the mall."  I did my clothes buying as quickly as possible, then escaped to a part of the building where there is an escalator, which I rode numerous times. Roll Eyes

Hey Del, here's an idea to get rich.  Get some engine oil and repackage it with a label that says "Pumpkin Spice! Gluten Free!" and sell it to blonds and hipsters.  Roll Eyes  Wink

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2016, 11:25:23 pm »

Hey Del, here's an idea to get rich.  Get some engine oil and repackage it with a label that says "Pumpkin Spice! Gluten Free!" and sell it to blonds and hipsters.  Roll Eyes  Wink

--TK

It would give them the poops and they'd sue me. Wink

Youngest daughter has Celics, them sob's have made it difficult for her because she has to have gluten free and because of the arse-holes that do it cause it sounds cool people act like she's an idiot.  That girl would give about anything to eat some of Dad's bread again with out getting sick.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2016, 05:54:10 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 63 and raining. "Cooler. Mostly cloudy in the morning then clearing. Isolated showers in the morning. Highs around 60. West wind 10 to 20 mph with gusts to around 30 mph."

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2016, 10:43:23 am »

It would give them the poops and they'd sue me. Wink

Youngest daughter has Celics, them sob's have made it difficult for her because she has to have gluten free and because of the arse-holes that do it cause it sounds cool people act like she's an idiot.  That girl would give about anything to eat some of Dad's bread again with out getting sick.

There is that.  Tongue

My best friend through the first part of Elementary school is hyper-allergic to gluten.  She eats a bread crumb and starts to have trouble breathing within a minute.   She once ate a a slice of bacon that somebody had taken off of a piece of bread and had to go to the hospital. Shocked

Weather for today is forecast at 85 and sunny.  We have a freeze warning for elevations above 4500 feet.  The mountains are capped with the evil white stuff already.  Cheesy

--TK

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2016, 11:54:06 am »

Auntie, Auntie EM..... everybody,  including Toto and the Munchkins all OK ...

there is the , The Wicked Witch of the West , still after the Ruby Slipper of the White House  Roll Eyes

But otherwise , we weathered the Storm OK.... Smiley

Massive  badass  Cat. 4  spared us some , still under the tailwinds.
there is damage on the coast , some flooding ,  at lease one death I heard ( Electrocution from down power line )

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2016, 07:52:07 pm »

Glad you're okay,M2. Wink

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2016, 08:02:58 am »

Glad you're okay,M2. Wink
Here, here!

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Frost on the pumpkin.
'Tis 33 and sunny. High of 52.

Slim

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2016, 08:44:37 am »

Glad to hear y'all are okay over there Major. 

Morning all.

It's supposed to be 85 and sunny today, but it's currently 36 with low cloud cover somewhere around 4500-5000 feet. 

When I went to bed, I was sniffling a little, but now I'm sitting here on the couch with vaporub and coffee trying to avoid sneezing on my computer.  I done got a virus.  And how.  Undecided

In other news, I got a pot of real (read that 'beanless'  Roll Eyes  ) chili simmering right now.  Put it on at about 7 last night, and it should be ready sometime around supper today.  That sucker smells good, let me tell you. Grin
I also finally got around to rebuilding my sourdough starter last night.  My last one was in the icebox, and my grandma thought she would do us a favor by cleaning some older food out...including my bread mother.  Cry  so I have a new one that should be usable by Sunday.
Y'all have a good day while I drink warm fluids and watch TV. Roll Eyes

--TK

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2016, 01:08:11 pm »

St. Augustine & Flagler Beach & Jacksonville got hammered.... I think the dead in Fla is up to 4...800+ in Haiti
Killer Matthew...

I had a few Spanish moss clumps down , a net full of leaves in the pool , and no standing water.  I mean, I get wetter in one of the Florida summer downpours in an hour/afternoon , than this thing did to us. Luck of the location, and last minute jog the storm did at about 11PM Thursday night that keep it 40 miles off shore passing by due east of me.  Shocked Whew !

Beautiful today , Dry ,  85 for a high ,  Humidity 71% , a little Breezy at about 11 - 14mph

Take care TK....

Thanks all for well wishes  Smiley
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2016, 08:17:48 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

Weather.com says it is 40. I don't believe it since there is frost on everything. High of 56.

Slim

Blair
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2016, 11:56:31 am »

Here in Melbourne, we lost power at about 10:30 pm Thursday night. Just got it back on about 20 min. ago.
For the most part, this seems to be the worst of what we got. Considering the power of this storm and what it could have caused, we were very lucky.
I am just now able to try to check up on how others have done.
My best,
 Blair

A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: We don't want pumpkin spice in our coffee in October « previous next »
Jump to: