Author Topic: Are there any WASA clubs besides ECSASS left  (Read 4733 times)

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
Are there any WASA clubs besides ECSASS left
« on: September 05, 2016, 10:06:04 AM »
Are there any active WASA or WASA-SASS clubs around nowadays? For all you young whipper snappers WASA stands for Western Action Shootists Association. WASA, founded in 1998, was a non privately owned alternative to the Wild Bunchs ownership of SASS. WASA and SASS' safety and costuming rules are basically the same but WASA has a broader range of guns and a lot FEWER categories. When the TGs and the Wild Bunch had their rule book dustup years ago we voted ourselves out of SASS but also adopted WASA. Now we play both games and have the best of both worlds. Single action, double action and self loader. The shooter uses whatever handguns he wants and engages the targets as directed. You can also load your sg with as many shells as needed AFTER the beep, which isn't any faster but a lot more fun. Now, I understand that SASS is just about the only CAS game in town, hell, I still pay my yearly dues. SASS for all it's issues is still the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I just happen to think WASA is better. I don't want to start anything but was just curious if we are the only WASA club. I do have a 2002 rule book if anyone has any questions.
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
    • Red Cent Custom Leather
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Are there any WASA clubs besides ECSASS left
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 12:47:15 PM »
Years ago Ten Sleep used to run a WASA club. I can remember Stump Water and Chameleonic, close friends of Ten Sleep and his wife, going up to West Virginia but I never attended. Another one of those things I regret putting off.
I am embarrassed 'cause I cannot remember her alias. He always had a seat on the Fluffymobile, especially the rugged Virginia State Match.
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

Offline Baltimore Ed

• Top Active Citizen
  • SASS #: 11754
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 190
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 02:34:14 PM »
Tensleep was a real gentleman, he came to a Wild Bunch match I ran years ago at Dare Co. Every time we met at the nc state match or regional he would tell whoever would listen how much fun he had then, and this was after he got bloodied  with a piece of lead. I ran a team stage where everyone would pull cards out of a hat to make 4 man teams. I set 60 knockdowns on the range, bowling pins and steel, each shooter had 15, 2 shooters had sgs In hand, one with a rifle in hand and the last a 1911 in one hand and the other hand on my 1917 Browning wc that I built. At the beep everyone cut loose untill everything was down. Fastest time won. All extra guns were staged on the tables and went back on the table after using until cleared by the ro. It was very dramatic to say the least and a hell of a lot of fun. Wasn't Tensleep's boss Ms Annie?
"Give'em hell, Pike"
 There is no horse so dead that you cannot continue to beat it.

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 12:43:55 PM »

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
    • Red Cent Custom Leather
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 10:57:38 PM »
Yes, Ms Annie it was. I would bet they are petting that ol' spoiled Lab as we type.
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

Offline Bull Schmitt

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 06:09:51 PM »
Ah the memories!! I recall shooting a WASA match with Tensleep and Mis Annie down in VA. He was a great pard! For those who may recall I was the founder and first President of WASA.

Bull Schmitt
Bvt Col Bull Schmitt
GAF Adjutant General
GAF Commander Department of the Atlantic
GAF Webmaster
SCORRS President & Webmaster
SASS #9535, SCORRS, GAF, NRA

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com