Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 07:16:19 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: 9th Month Of 2016 Coffee thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9th Month Of 2016 Coffee thread  (Read 16889 times)
Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2016, 11:19:24 am »

It's 104 now and I'm dripping. Their predicting 109 for tomorrow.  Shocked
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2016, 11:57:14 am »

Twernt none of it true... Wink  well mostly not.... Undecided  maybe and when the legend becomes fact print the legend   Wink

I'll be out there tomorrow...
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2016, 12:38:55 pm »

Major, We'll be leaving either this evening or tomorrow morning.  I'll catch you at the Memorial match.  Have a safe trip. 

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2016, 01:12:58 pm »

It's 104 now and I'm dripping. Their predicting 109 for tomorrow.  Shocked
Sounds a bit warm in Portugal. Where I am, the really hot weather is mostly over, typical high is upper 80's now, occasional low 90s. Actually, we didn't have a really hot summer, I can't recall any 100+, and that's unusual. But I'm sure any day now I'll hear on the radio the usual news article, "_______(Inset current month here) was the hottest on record, SUVs to blame"
Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2016, 01:45:30 pm »

Which Major? if it was me,I didn't do it ,Nobody saw me,You've got no evidence ... Grin Grin Grin

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2016, 01:52:09 pm »

O Tay  GT ...and thanks ...drive safe yourself Smiley

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2016, 09:39:02 pm »

Evening all. 

City trip today.  Had to get all dressed up and go to church down there this morning.  Then, right after service we went shopping.  A family that can survive shopping at Costco and WinCo can survive anything.  Roll Eyes

I did manage to pick up 100 rounds of .22lr, 50 rounds of 115gr fmj for 9mm, and 20 rounds of XM193 to feed the AR for under $30.  Gotta love sales! Grin

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2016, 07:13:28 am »

Mornin' y'all,

Coffee is fresssh.  Beautiful day in Tejas.  'bout 75 right now and sunny in Dallas.
Will be heading to Houston, where there's a high around 87 and $0.60 worth of rain today.

Happy and Safe Labor Day to all!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2016, 08:57:58 am »

Good Morning all. 

What do you know, we actually had some frost last night.  Shocked  I didn't particularly expect any freezing at this point in September, but weirder things have happened.  my morning run is going to be COLD.  Undecided

Later, I have to butcher a couple of rabbits.  Yippee.  I'm not entirely sure how I got roped into that one.  Huh

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2016, 09:45:47 am »

Probably "Just By a Hare"!!    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes             Just couldn't resist that one!

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2016, 02:09:18 pm »

I've heard worse...but just barely.  Roll Eyes Wink

Rabbits all done.  Those suckers are hard to get a hold of.

--TK

Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2016, 02:12:49 pm »

Sounds a bit warm in Portugal. Where I am, the really hot weather is mostly over, typical high is upper 80's now, occasional low 90s. Actually, we didn't have a really hot summer, I can't recall any 100+, and that's unusual. But I'm sure any day now I'll hear on the radio the usual news article, "_______(Inset current month here) was the hottest on record, SUVs to blame"

These are freak temperatures. Our normal throughout  Summer is 86 to 90ish. And we rarely break the 100 barrier(at least where I live). I'm on the Atlantic coast, but the wind is coming from the inland these days.
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2016, 08:48:34 am »

Good Morning all.  Beans are brewing and the leaves are steeping.

I'm glad we finally got out of the 100+ temperature snap we were in.  We went for three straight weeks with highs from 100-118.  Yesterday was 85.   Today is forecast for 90, but we'll see.

--TK

Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2016, 05:17:00 pm »

Forgot about another of the September events that occur around here (I guess it’s because I don’t want to spend $1,000 to go play Shake & Bake in the middle of the Black Rock desert).  Burning Man occurs Labor Day weekend every year, and thousands of people go out on the playa and revel in the heat and alkali dust.  Forgot about it until I saw all the grey-white cars (doesn’t matter what color the car really was, it was grey-white when they come off the playa) at the car washes around town.  They estimate 200 cars per day go through the Reno/Sparks area car washes over the weekend.  Thanks, but I’ll save my money, and stay at home for this one!

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2016, 10:01:56 pm »

Evening y'all.
Birthday party for daughter #4. 'Tis 14.

Been raining off and on most of the day.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2016, 06:16:36 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

'Tis 68 and raining. "Humid. Showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the morning...Then showers with thunderstorms likely in the afternoon. Some thunderstorms may produce heavy rainfall in the afternoon. Highs around 80. Light and variable wind. Chance of rain 90 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2016, 08:04:28 am »

Morning all.  Looks like I've got the run of the range today.  The originator of my Y chromosome is going to the state capitol to give a presentation to some other people with similar jobs.  Something about computers and internet stuff.  I can't make heads or tails of it.  Roll Eyes  X chromosome and other two genetic recipients are headed to the city (the one that isn't Sacramento) for school, haircuts, and shopping.  I could go grocery shopping...or I could stay home and take a nap.  I chose the later in less time than it took to type.  Tongue

Weather wise, they're forecasting 90 here, with scattered clouds and thick smoke rolling in this afternoon from the big fire up near Yreka (pronounced exactly the way it's spelled).   That sucker has been smoking us out all week.  I'm starting to get sympathetic to hams.  Roll Eyes

--TK

El Peludo
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2016, 12:31:53 pm »

Happy Stephember, folkses, and thanks for the cuppajoe.  Noting the talk of temperatures, it's cooled off here, too.  Only got "close" to 100 yestiddy, but this morning, here it is 1000 and I'm sitting here with all of the windows and doors open, and it is pretty nice, still.  I can feel the warm coming on, though, so I guess I'll have to go close everything up in a while, and turn the A/C back on.

Our life and lifestyle for most of the past twelve years got disrupted and changed permanently a couple of weeks ago, and we are still coming to grips with the changes.  Our Granddaughter, Bella, has moved away with her mom to California.  Not so far away by some standards, but we do not travel as well as we used to.  Bella lived with us more than she did her folks for most of these years, and was more like one of our kids than a grand.  But her dad is a long haul trucker and has been "on the road" much of the time in her life, and her mom sort of topped out in her job and has been looking for greener pastures, which she found in Bloomington, California.  She also has been chomping at the bit to move back to Cali for a long time; she grew up in the southern part of LA county, Long Beach - Lakewood area, and has lifelong friends there that she missed tremendously, so when the stars aligned, she went for it, and took our Baby Girl with her.  Not that Bella was against it, mind, she thinks California is the most exciting place in the world.  And so far, she seems pleased with it - time will tell.  So, now, we're "real" grandparents, the kind the kids only see once in a blue moon - and the adjustment is a bit rough after all the years of having her around.  We will survive, though, we've been through it many times in some form or another.

So, daylight is a'burnin' - I think I'll see what else I can disturb today.

Later.

El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2016, 07:06:57 am »

Morning y'all.

Sorry to hear that news, Hairy.

'Tis 66 and overcast. High of 77.

Slim

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2016, 07:49:50 am »

Thanks for the brew.
This 77 with a high of 93 today with feels like temp of over 105!

Hairy, I'm sure Bella will want to see her grandparents often, and I hope that she can.
BTW, Bella is a beautiful name (no pun intended!)

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2016, 10:21:51 am »

Morning everyone. 

My computer is going bananas, so my posts will likely be really short for a while.  Anyway, I'm out the door for a run, then off to do other things.

--TK

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2016, 06:03:30 pm »

Upper 80's here today with feels like of over 94. Like a jungle, sweated my tookis off again.We finished up clearing the brush and keeper logs from the locust trees we took down the other day, plus trimmed a maple tree. Had some keeper wood from that one too. Did a few last minute things at the new home as the owners are moving in tomorrow. Tongue Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2016, 07:01:40 am »

Morning y'all.

'Tis 50 and cloudy. "Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the morning...Then a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable wind becoming south 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2016, 11:03:24 pm »

Spent the day in Table Rock Nebraska demonstrating for about 300 4th graders, who all hot a small biscuit.  Mustang Greg provide the wood and supplies and had fire and coffee going when I got there.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2016, 11:28:40 pm »

Night pot on.

Two semi-exiting things today.  Firstly, I managed to hurt myself on my morning run today.  Out running and tripped over an invisible something in the road and did a pretty good impression of a rolling pin.  Didn't hit my head, but everything else is banged up pretty good, and I pulled a muscle in my leg a bit.  Not terrible, but enough that my last 300 yards went from a run to a hobble.  Still managed a mile in 8:40. Roll Eyes

The other news.  I took my mother down to the gun shop to handle a few new pistols they just got in yesterday.  They had one of those long barreled LCRx models in 38, which I was drooling over, but she was bouncing between a regular LCR 38, a Bersa Firestorm (Walther PPK copy, ish) and a pistol from a California manufacturer called FMK.  (I carried an FMK for a while while I worked there, and they are somewhere between a Glock 19 and an H&K VP9/40. ). 
Anyway, after about 45 minutes I was able to put my John Hancock on the receipt for the Firestorm.  For a $300 pistol, they have awesome triggers, and most importantly My mom was able to work the slide - something she couldn't do on the FMK, a S&W Shield, or my Beretta 92.  And, 8 rounds of 380 is nothing to sneeze at.

I'm also rolling in the YouTube revenue now.  I've made a whole sixteen cents!    Tongue

I also sort of got my computer problem mostly figured out...if you hadn't noticed.  Roll Eyes

--TK

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: 9th Month Of 2016 Coffee thread « previous next »
Jump to: