Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 02:28:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: 9th Month Of 2016 Coffee thread 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9th Month Of 2016 Coffee thread  (Read 17003 times)
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2016, 09:47:22 am »

Hey Del, I hate Prius's too .... never like them , hate them now ... Undecided

I'm on my way to work , minding my own beeswax..... on the Florida turnpike.

ahead is a Prius struggling to pass a semi trailer in the right lane ...and ahead of him another Semi and behind him (Prius) a Jeep Patriot or something.
So a semi in front, semi on his side , Jeep....and along comes me about 100 feet behind the Jeep and closing...
all of sudden it gets real @ 65 MPH....
Semi in front shreds a tire, Prius stands on the brakes , as the tire carcass goes under him.... smacks the Jeep, which at this time
(to Close) is hauling down on the binders ...blue smoke billowing  as the Offending Semi Trailer disappears into the distance.

Jeep hits Prius and they pirouette into a wad , and I have time "100 feet" worth to  react and swerve back to the Right lane
and miss them >...X'cept there is another you guessed it Toyota " not a Prius though,  Corolla I think
in my blind spot... Note: here,  I was re-acting to missing a rear-ender in Mila-seconds
and I TAG mind you "tap" the Corolla.

Worst thing is I got the fault charge in that one....Jr. Highway patrol kid  Roll Eyes said "it was avoidable..."
yeah ! I said  "if I had not gone to work today"  Undecided

I said  "I avoided that melee over there "  and the Corolla Driver was cool and told the JR ranger , it wasn't my fault  too !
Junior Cop still charged me ....  

anyway my X over and the Corolla are both drivable,  minor ( though prolly costly) dents & his left headlight.
and I smacked my right wrist hard !  ...sore enough ,requiring X ray's @ my Doc ....sore as hell and dislocated she said not fractured ....
so I wear a wrist brace and will have my State Farm Ins. fix the X over.... Florida is a no fault state , so The Corolla driver also State Farm Ins. will get his head light fixed and his co pay covered .
Course my premium will likely go up ....

FYI ,  other State Troopers handled the Melee, I didn't go over there as they were out and conversing  , and I'd have had to cross the road  with traffic still whizzing by...  
 ( funny if you're just standing there it seems fast, but if you are in the jam with the rubber neckers it excruciating show ! )
I betting the Jeep driver was charged  Undecided

Fricking Prius  Smiley   actually it was the Semi , whom drove off into the distance prolly unaware ... Roll Eyes
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2016, 01:15:29 pm »

Any vehicle that has to struggle to pass a semi should just stay in the right lane. I've been -close- to a couple of semi blowouts, but never right in the "blast zone". Was diving cars both times. When I have to pass a truck on the motorcycle, I don't hang out there. I hang back a safe distance, and when it's clear to pass the truck, PASS THE TRUCK! Never close to those rear trailer tires more than a second or so.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2016, 02:31:57 pm »

I'd fight the ticket, myself, tell the judge if you were stupid you might have killed someone, make them call the Toyo guy in to testify.   Make Jr Trooper come to court and explain it.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2016, 05:33:15 pm »

I will , if I have to go to court
actually steps have been taken to Nullify the charge...
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2016, 06:55:54 pm »

I had the tread come off a company mini-van's front passenger tire. Took out the side mirror.  Shocked

I ended up changing the EGR valve on the new-to-me suburban 'cuz it won't idle. It still is running rough but it does idle.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2016, 09:39:26 am »

Coffee and tea are ready!

Fall made its presence known Thursday with a high of only 59 (20 degrees cooler that the day before) still working our way back to a high of about 80 today.

Finished off the September festivities yesterday with a trip down to the Genoa Candy Dance.  The oldest settlement in Nevada more than doubles its population during this two day event.

This year we managed to make it to the Rib cook-off, balloon races, air races, camel races and Candy Dance.  Skipped Street Vibrations as I’m not really into motorcycles.  There were herds of the critters all over the streets and freeways.  It finishes up today, and then we should get back to normal until Halloween, when Nevada celebrates becoming a state.

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2016, 10:45:03 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 70 and overcast. A bit humid. "Humid. Cloudy. Isolated showers in the morning...Then showers likely and isolated thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the middle 70s. South wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2016, 11:19:36 am »

This was as of yesterday, slightly more color today, and very tender

no lever gun or Right handed duelist for a while  Sad

* My Oweee.jpg (76.47 KB, 300x297 - viewed 63 times.)
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2016, 11:20:58 am »

Ouch

Slim

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2016, 12:47:27 pm »

Watching the Pack beat on the Lions. Raining outside. Still sunny at GB.

Slim

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #135 on: September 26, 2016, 07:02:16 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 53 and partly cloudy. High of 61.

Slim

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #136 on: September 26, 2016, 09:38:35 am »

This was as of yesterday, slightly more color today, and very tender

no lever gun or Right handed duelist for a while  Sad

OUCH!!!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #137 on: September 26, 2016, 09:40:10 am »

Good morning all.

Major, I imagine Mr. NSAID is probably a friend right now?  Hope that all works out well.

Slim, as much as it stinks to be in your car situation, just know that You're not alone on that one,  Undecided  We found what we thought was the problem on the Explorer, so we bought the part and installed it and it fired right up.  But then, when My mom and I were going across town to pick up a friend to go hunting (which was planned in my truck), the car was being weird.  Felt like riding with someone new to a manual.  The car is an automatic.  Huh  We limped it home and told my dad.  He drove it up a fairly steep hill to see if he could recreate the problem and got more than he bargained for.  At the top, it died.  It hasn't started since.  
We think it's a wiring thing, which complicated matters because this is a 2010.  The whole thing is filled with a jumbled pasta of wires and computers. Shocked

In other news, I've got whatever my mom had a couple days ago.  Just general nasty feeling. Lips Sealed

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #138 on: September 26, 2016, 12:53:04 pm »

only about 800mg worth  Sad  & started to look like purple sunset 

My daughters was bucking and snorting sorta like you are describing ...was two or 3 burnt coils
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #139 on: September 27, 2016, 07:59:10 am »

only about 800mg worth  Sad  & started to look like purple sunset 

My daughters was bucking and snorting sorta like you are describing ...was two or 3 burnt coils

Hope it gets to feeling better, Major.  And that's what the computer keeps telling us.  Cylinders 2,3 and 6 are missing.  The distributor is brand new, though.  As in, we replaced it just before it died the second time.  Sad  So now we think that it might be the wiring coming in.  Mixed feelings on that one.   Kind of like watching HRC fall off a cliff holding your really nice new rifle, you want to laugh and clap, but also cry.

On the subject of rifles, I get my new Ruger American next Thursday, I think.   My 10 day wait is up on Saturday, but my mom will have my truck in the city, so I'll be on foot.  And unfortunately, we can't open carry long guns in CA. So I have to wait until Thursday. Undecided  My scope should come in the mail tomorrow, though, so I'm going to go down there and lap/mount it.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #140 on: September 27, 2016, 05:44:25 pm »

Ran late this morn, so I didn't check-in. Started raining 'bout 2:20 PM.
Titled and registered the '87 suburban today. Driving it to verk tomorrow.

Slim

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #141 on: September 27, 2016, 08:59:34 pm »

Home early, only a 6 hour shift,  one of my customers and I are going to do a cultural exchange, he's gonna teach me to speak Hip-Hop Jive and I'm gonna teach him to speak cowboy.  told him 40 years ago I could speak jive, he said his Dad and I would do fine.   Wink

I've been told several times I'm now a part of the hood.   Grin

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2016, 07:07:51 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 49 and overcast. "Cloudy with scattered showers. Highs in the lower 60s. North wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2016, 07:23:09 am »

Thanx for the coffee, Slim.
It was 71 degress this morning here!  A welcome first cool spell for the season!
Be safe....

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2016, 07:13:06 pm »

we've been in the the 40's or early 50's here the last few mornings. have had to wear my hoodie for the first part of the day Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2016, 07:01:27 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 50 and clear. High of 68.

Slim

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2016, 07:23:30 am »

Thanks for the coffee....
A couple of more degrees cooler today.  God is gracious!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2016, 10:49:32 am »

Good Morning all.

50 degrees as I sit here sipping hot coffee and avoiding dog tongues.   Roll Eyes

Had a bit of an interesting time the past couple days.  Seems a mentally unstable guy murdered someone in the next county over with a steak knife, stole a handgun and fled to my town.  Since I heard the report over the radio, I've been walking around the house/yard with a Shield and Hydra-Shoks.  They had reports from multiple people of a guy fitting the description just down the street from me, but there weren't any deputies in the area, so nobody knows if it was him or not. Shocked

--TK

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2016, 05:49:09 pm »

Trinity Kid,It might be the injectors causing the misfire not the distributor,Something to look into if the plugs,wires cap and rotor are all good.

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2016, 06:22:29 pm »

TK, check all the basics on that Explorer. I recall paying a shop to diagnose and repair a miss on a Taurus, Problem: Random misfire. Their fix: A new coil pack. Couple days later, miss returned. I checked it out myself. Found, in an out of sight part of the engine compartment, a couple plug wires burned half through. I guess when they installed the new coil pack, they disturbed the wires enough that they weren't shorting out on anything(for a day or two). For that and other similar reasons, I found a new shop.....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: 9th Month Of 2016 Coffee thread « previous next »
Jump to: