Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 11:10:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: The server is fixed and it's Aug, coffee here, July is over. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The server is fixed and it's Aug, coffee here, July is over.  (Read 15840 times)
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2016, 09:40:24 am »

New job is not as bad asI feared, actually starting to like it.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2016, 03:49:33 pm »

nobody to antagonize you yet ?  Undecided   Smiley
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2016, 03:54:35 pm »

Close knit, but poor neighborhood, a lot of minorities, but regular customers, they are making me feel welcome.  I don't as my style notice them as anything but people, and they seem to do the same, not seeing much wanna be gang bangers, a different neighborhood for that.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2016, 04:13:13 pm »

Rough day here. A transformer at the front of the complex blew up last night. Started out with just half of few streets out. Power company jury rigged a fix till this morning. They had to kill power to the whole park to get a new one in, and had some trouble getting it done to boot. Power was out from a little after nine till about two this afternoon. We had to get the sewer plant back on line, then the pool area. Probably got some disappointed people as we're keeping the pool closed for the day to allow the treatment system to get the water circulated well again. Lastly, the well system that serves about 3/4's of the park had to be gotten back on line and the system "burped" to get water back to the homes. I finally had pressure here about a quarter to five. At least I was smart enough this time to take the aerators off the faucets to keep them from collecting a bunch of gunk during the start up. Do have to clean'em though as they haven't been off in a long while, and looked pretty bad when I got them off Roll Eyes Tongue Undecided

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2016, 06:07:28 pm »

Close knit, but poor neighborhood, a lot of minorities, but regular customers, they are making me feel welcome.  I don't as my style notice them as anything but people, and they seem to do the same, not seeing much wanna be gang bangers, a different neighborhood for that.

Sounds like a place with a very low yuppie population.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2016, 07:08:19 pm »

Sounds like a place with a very low yuppie population.

Pretty much, ran into a snag on something and had to get my trainer to show me something, lady I was waiting on big old black lady, at leat 70, said "it's OK Jimmy, yer new here and we ain't in a big hurry.". Meant a lot to me.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2016, 07:53:11 pm »

"Jimmy"Huh

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2016, 08:50:43 pm »

Jimmy, on the danged tablet and the SOB changes my words.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2016, 08:51:54 pm »

Hunny, dang POS did it again.   Roll Eyes

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2016, 09:44:45 pm »

That's why I don't like those tablets,Del. Roll Eyes

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2016, 10:15:14 pm »

I avoid typing on anything that uses a touch screen....including my wife's I-pad. Got to have a keyboard.

Babysitting a pressure cooker right now. Garden's doing too good this year, when this batch gets done there'll be 52 quarts of beans, one a week for a year! Made about 50 pints of pickles, not gonna buy more jars! People at work and church will just have to eat more to keep up.....Still making salsa, only have 20 pints of that so far. Wife's frozen a bunch of her Asian veggies.  Looking forward to putting the canning stuff away soon, take a break from food processing until deer season gets here.
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2016, 03:02:55 am »

Touch screen don't get me started  Angry
and those damnable touch/slide mouse things on the laptops  Roll Eyes   
I have a Logitech accessory mouse under hand, far better feel & control ...
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2016, 08:29:05 am »

Morning all.

I don't particularly like touch screens, either.  I have an Android phone of some flavor, but typing in general is a PIA.  I much prefer my computer with an actual keyboard...when it works. Roll Eyes

In other news, my padre is picking up his new handgun that I bought him.  S&W M&P Shield 9.   Oddly enough, my father that grew up in a home with an impressive gun collection and served in the Military never really did a whole lot of handgun shooting.  We'll fix that.   Cool
Now I just have to decide about my mother.  Do I want her to have 5 shots of .38 standard pressure ammo out of a S&W Centennial, or 8 shots of Underwood Ammo/Leheigh(?) Defense .32ACP Xtreme Cavitator out of a Beretta tip-up.  She can't work a slide on a standard pistol, and she was afraid of the recoil on my .45 1911, so I'm unsure which would be better.  Right now, I'm really leaning towards the Beretta, just so it can pull double duty as a dispatch gun for me when I'm out in the hills hunting. Roll Eyes

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2016, 08:59:41 am »

just an opinion

I got my Wife  a S&W Mod. 60 ...and load with Hornady Critical Defense...
I carry a Mod. 36 Nickel and also use Hornady Critical Defense

or if I have coat a 1911 ...but seldom

what Beretta are you looking at ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: The server is fixed and it's Aug, coffee here, July is over. « previous next »
Jump to: