Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2017, 06:22:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: The server is fixed and it's Aug, coffee here, July is over. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The server is fixed and it's Aug, coffee here, July is over.  (Read 15976 times)
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2016, 05:45:01 pm »

Brown truck stopped by with my  Capt. Schaeffer

and the photo of the Original Capt. Schaeffer
Congrats.

Had t'storms overnight. 'Tis humid now. Went for a walk, about a mile, with to dog. Now, I is wet.  Roll Eyes

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2016, 07:10:59 pm »

went to our county fair tonight,Walked around,ate some fair food,people watched, then came home. Have only missed it once in 56 years and that was when I was going through basic training at Lackland A.F.B.

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #127 on: August 25, 2016, 08:25:00 pm »

Evening all.

Been out camping the past few days.  Did a lot of fishing, only caught a few bass.  Didn't have any worms, so I was stuck with plastic imitations.  The fish didn't want rubber, I guess. Roll Eyes

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2016, 10:36:34 pm »

I went fishing ...caught a cold....  sunburnt  & cut my finger ....

discretion then , I now tend to... either get my fish at the market or one of those fund raiser fish fry gatherings & occasional soiree @ Red Lobster . 

safer all round  Smiley

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #129 on: August 26, 2016, 08:37:54 am »

But where's the fun in that, Major  Wink

Coffee on the brew, and tea is icing. 

Today, I'm slated to clean a chicken coop, and that's all I know.  I haven't been allowed to see those shiny rocks.  Roll Eyes

Had to travel to the city yesterday, get the teeth looked at by a guy wearing rubber gloves.  Everything is how it's supposed to be, and I got a Bob the Builder sticker, so I guess that is supposed to make up for it? 

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #130 on: August 26, 2016, 10:12:16 am »

well there is the eye candy check out girl !  Wink

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #131 on: August 26, 2016, 07:25:34 pm »

Micah received a package in the mail today.

A Good Troy holster and gun belt. It is a real work of art. Thanks, Good Troy.

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2016, 05:35:04 am »

Mornin' y'all.  Coffee is ready.

Slim, you are welcome, and it was my pleasure.  I hope that it serves him well for many years to come.

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2016, 07:59:46 am »

Morning y'all.
Thanks fer the coffee.

'Tis 59 and sprinkling. "Periods of showers and isolated thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 60s. East wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 90 percent."

Slim

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #134 on: August 28, 2016, 08:56:15 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

'Tis 71. High of 77.

Slim

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #135 on: August 28, 2016, 09:48:47 am »

Thanks for the "calf" feen.

75 right now, 84 high, 60% chance of rain.  Will be indoors working on a new holster for a pard'ner.  Prototype done and approved, now for the real thing.

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #136 on: August 28, 2016, 11:48:44 pm »

Night pot on.

Not super busy around here recently.  Mostly just making sure the dog doesn't get too out of hand.  A friend and I found a new place for getting gold, so we went out there this afternoon.  We went through about 3 5-gallon buckets of sand (you could call that 15 gallons, I suppose), and were rewarded with about 3 grams of gold all together.  That is at least twice what we normally find in a month.  Roll Eyes  We recorded it and are going to put it on our respective YouTube channels.  Though at this rate, it will probably be Wednesday before I can even get it all uploaded.  Slow internet. Grin

--TK

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2016, 02:04:22 am »

Prompted me to look that up
3 grams of gold =  $126.90   THAT IS a FINE DAY !   Grin   maybe that's FIND Day ...very cool.

Back to the work 20 in about 5 hours (3:AM plumbing check and now wide awake ) 3:AM and its 80 °F  Roll Eyes
Wrapping out the loose odds & ends for CEDIA huge trade show in Dallas, before I fly out next Monday for 3 weeks.
Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2016, 11:34:36 am »

August is winding down and has been rather uneventful. Now we are getting ready to head into a very eventful September.

We start off with 6 days of The Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook Off over the Labor Day weekend.  The next weekend combines the Great Reno Balloon Races here in town and the Virginia City Camel Races in VC.  The weekend after that we have the Reno Championship Air Races.  Following that are 5 days of Street Vibrations Fall Motorcycle Rally.

Somewhere scattered in there are our wedding anniversary, the wife’s birthday and International Talk Like a Pirate Day.

That pretty much takes up the entire month.

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
Major E A Sterner
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2016, 11:41:17 am »

Sept.19th is talk like a pirate day,I remember that because it's the same day as my anniversary. Grin Grin

G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2016, 11:55:03 am »

It's the same day as my wife's birthday.  Our anniversary is the week before.

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2016, 12:02:25 pm »

All this talk about birthdays and anniversarys are a good reminder...my mother's birtday is Aug 30th (tomorrow), my favorite wife's birthday is Sept 1st, and our anniversary is Nov 25th.  The year we got married, that was a "Black Friday", so we just celebrate the day after Thanksgiving regardless if it is the 25th or not.
 Grin

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Major E A Sterner
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2016, 12:10:08 pm »

Wifes Birthday is the 3rd

G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2016, 12:12:15 pm »

Wifes Birthday is the 3rd

Something good about those Virgo signed women, huh?

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Major E A Sterner
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2016, 06:09:47 pm »

Yup...until the go nuts... Grin Grin Grin

G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2016, 07:35:03 pm »

Mine didn't go too nuts....I bought an 1851 Navy on the way home from work.   I said, as I always do "Look what I bought for you, honey!".  She asked if I was going to wrap it up and give it to her for her birthday.  I said  "No, I figured this is mine, and I'll go buy another for you...."

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2016, 07:01:34 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

'Tis 66 and hazy. "Humid. Mostly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the morning...Then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Areas of dense fog reducing visibilities to less than 1/4 mile at times in the morning. Highs in the middle 80s. Light and variable wind becoming west 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 20 percent."

Slim

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2016, 08:21:40 am »

Over slept this morning  Roll Eyes

one of the perks of " be'n' Da boss" and blessed with a top notch team, They get 'er done !
the other is,  you can leave early to make up for it  Smiley    ...works for me !

There's tropical depression headed this way for rain event come Thursday , may not be wind but keeping an wary eye pealed

then the worry on the one off Cape Verdi  over Africa way... that one has time to really ramp up   Huh
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2016, 08:38:43 am »

Mornin' good folks!
Thanks for the coffee.

It is high in the low 90's here today with about 30 cents worth of rain forecasted.
Should be a clear day on Saturday....regardless, we'll make the best of it!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2016, 08:44:17 am »

Morning all.

Not much happening right now in my neck of the woods.  Other than I just found out that on YouTube I've made eight cents.  Roll Eyes  Call me Rockefeller.

We've got the neighborhood deer sitting under the tree in the front yard chewing cud and nibbling the grass shoots.  I'd be slightly upset at them for eating our grass, but there really isn't that much else this time of year.  Undecided

--TK

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: The server is fixed and it's Aug, coffee here, July is over. « previous next »
Jump to: