Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 19, 2017, 05:36:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: The server is fixed and it's Aug, coffee here, July is over. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The server is fixed and it's Aug, coffee here, July is over.  (Read 15836 times)
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« on: August 01, 2016, 03:06:17 pm »

There, we're back on the air.

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 05:37:51 pm »

Yeeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 07:11:57 pm »

Looks like the Marshall paid the light bill, we're back!
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 07:42:04 pm »

Maybe we just needed a new hamster Roll Eyes Grin

I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....
Major E A Sterner
"Honorary Southern Gentleman"
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 10:34:09 pm »

I talked to M'ette today, she said it was a data base error,Glad they fixed it.

Respectfully,Major E.A. Sterner
G.A.F #118
R.A.T.S.#125
"If violent crime is to be curbed, it is only the intended victim who can do it. The felon does not fear the police, and he fears neither judge nor jury. Therefore what he must be taught to fear is his victim." - Jeff Cooper
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 07:07:27 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea.

'Tis 64 and sunny. "Humid. Partly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. A chance of showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the lower 80s. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 07:35:22 am »

Thanks for the coffee....hot today, with slight chance of afternoon showers.  Highs in the upper 90's with heat index of 105 plus.  Low tonight is not expected to reach 80....this is August after all!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 08:18:33 am »

Y'all got the opposite of where we're goin' in my part of the world, Troy.  Leastwise, last time I looked at the weather, they were telling me that it was supposed to cool down from 115 to the mid 90s.  Roll Eyes  That heat was terrible.  It even killed one of our market rabbits. Shocked

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 08:29:38 am »

Uh-oh...the rabbit died!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 09:00:00 am »

Good morning all.  Here's the "hot bean water," as my friend calls it. Roll Eyes  And some iced tea, as well.

Forecast for 100 today, with a 10mph breeze from up north.  Should be a right pleasant day for going swimming.  Might have to do that. Grin

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 03:05:49 pm »

90 °  here and graying,  calling for 100% chance of precipitation tonight ...looks to be correct

Had a vendor invite me to lunch ( sales call thingy ) went to OUTBACK  Sad   something was amiss cause, about an hour later, it made me sick...
I renamed it OUTHOUSE and I'll avoid  that place from now on  Undecided
Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 03:21:13 pm »

89 here. We were out cutting trees down Shocked Tongue Roll Eyes

Russ T Chambers
Littlest ol' fart Cowboy in Nevada Territory
CAS-L Ghost Rider
Top Active Citizen

Well preserved for my age!

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2016, 09:18:07 am »

Coffee and ice tea are ready!

Starting to cool off from our 97 degrees this week.  Sunny and around 90 today.  May brave the crowds and take a look at the vintage cars lined up in downtown Reno today.  It’s easier to find parking in Reno than over in Sparks.  There’s more shade from the buildings here too.

Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2016, 05:56:33 pm »

Mid to upper 90's here, not sure what the humidity is, but, when I went out to mow grass at 3 pm, it was still wet with dew. Mowed anyway, at least mower was working better, put new belts and idler pulley on the deck, and sharpened the blades. I think the old ones needed replacing for a long time. I think they have been bad enough they were slipping, blades seem to turn faster and cut better.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2016, 08:48:05 pm »

We are in the middle of a rainstorm.  Roll Eyes

Slim

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 08:53:59 pm »

Took down 2 more trees today and trimmed another. 4 pick-up loads of limbs and cut wood.90 plus degrees out as well. I am plain wiped out Tongue

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2016, 04:08:19 am »

5:AM Eastern ...we got that rain and some more , and I'm still a tad GREEN behind the gills.

Debating a sick day  Undecided  I get-um,  might just as well use one  Undecided

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2016, 06:39:24 am »

Debate settled...I'm stay'n' close to the familiar porcelain  Sad

Had strange Cough Drug induced dream though..

Seems I found my man cave/den door locked from the inside  Undecided  noted it was jimmy'ed
I when in and my wall hanger Flintlocks were gone , so were my Henry's & 73   Angry

Thief didn't take my SMLE or The Peabody  Undecided  or any of my revolvers.

wait !  I don't have a  SMLE or a Peabody... WTH did he trade me ?   

Then I woke up  Shocked   Henry's & 73  are fine and in the safe  Smiley 

Don't have clue what all that means .... maybe I need to buy a SMLE & a Peabody

taking more cough Meds now ...see what else I need to buy  Undecided
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 07:08:26 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee and iced tea are ready.

Don't have clue what all that means .... maybe I need to buy a SMLE & a Peabody
Yes!  Wink

'Tis 65 and sunny. High of 77.

Slim

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 08:09:04 am »

Goot morn'n
HOT and Hot today.  40 cents worth of rain spect'd.
Weekend the same 'sept rain is less'n likely.

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 08:40:30 am »

Everyone needs an SMLE and a Peabody, Major. Roll Eyes

Well, my plan had been to go out and do a little scouting for deer season this morning, but I'm in a similar boat to the Major on that one.  I'm hoping it's just something I ate, because I have to spend all day down in the city 50 miles away.  Shocked  Though, to make things more bearable, I'll probably come home with a receipt for a pe-64 Winchester. Roll Eyes  I've been wanting to buy an old beater rifle and restore it, but I haven't had the time.  But, now that I'm going to be home for a while without much demand for my time, I might as well.  Plus, I know someone who'd be willing to take the finished project off my hands at a profit.  Wink

--TK

Four-Eyed Buck
Top Active Citizen

Tusco LongRiders,

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 04:37:18 pm »

Close to 90 again today, was supposed to be finished at noon. Ended up having to clean the pool after somebody's 4 year old pooped in it. Tongue Also had to go up north on town and get some more 3" chlorine pucks. HOF weekend, traffic up the kazoo and,of course, accidents all over the place. Had to take the long way home Undecided Tongue

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 05:53:49 pm »

Going to Platteville WI tonight look at a Suburban to replace the Caravan. Going with a co-worker that grew up there. 2.5 hour drive. Be home late.
The family is at the local cancer walk and they will be home late also.

Slim

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2016, 07:22:09 pm »

Saw an unusual accident on the way home-somebody had rolled(yes, rolled!) a mobile home! Older single wide, 12 or 14' wide, maybe 60' or better, upside down. Don't think anyone's gonna be moving into that one any time soon, about 2/3 of it was totally demolished.
The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2016, 09:36:02 pm »

I see that sort of thing pretty frequently around here, PE.  Had one guy roll it four times.  Shocked

Anyway, trip to the city went okay.  Not too much traffic, or too many people.  I didn't end up with a rifle, though...  The two best deals I could find were a late 40s Savage 99, 300 Savage for $499 and a Winchester '97 16ga for $300.  Both in too good condition to really call it "restoring."  I could have bough a Sears .22 for $65.  It was missing most of the stock, and the bore was totally smooth.  Not to mention that the firing pin didn't poke all the way out of the bolt.  Roll Eyes

--TK

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: The server is fixed and it's Aug, coffee here, July is over. « previous next »
Jump to: