Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 18, 2017, 08:54:39 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: New Pards: Buzzard Bait, Billwill, Lrlouie, Tennessee Jed and Huachuca Kid. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Pards: Buzzard Bait, Billwill, Lrlouie, Tennessee Jed and Huachuca Kid.  (Read 1121 times)
Silent Joe
The Netherlands
Top Active Citizen

Lady Lis and Me

« on: July 07, 2016, 12:46:52 pm »

Welcome in Cas City, Pards. Walk around, say "Howdy", sit by the fire and tell us your story.  Cheesy

* kampvuur-1.png (7.4 KB, 70x70 - viewed 326 times.)

The Secret of Life is One Thing..........Just One Thing! (Curly in City Slickers)
Citizen of CAS City #203 * SASS L # 10461 * SBSS # 2064 DWSA # 120 * GAF Intern. #694* IPSAC #43 * Prayer Posse * WartHog * B.o.t.A. >>>------>*

Huachuca Kid
Citizen

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 02:12:13 pm »

Howdy-  thanks for the welcome!  I haven't really done any CAS type stuff, but I kind of like single actions and am here to learn.  I had a question about leather gear, and someone on another forum directed me here.  Glad to be here, and hope you are all doing well-  
Buzzard Bait
Citizen

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 03:15:41 pm »

Howdy! Thanks for welcoming this old Buzzard Bait to the gang!

Been shooting for about 65 or so years....love my 1851 Navy! I have a bum knee, so can't join in the fun. However, I am an old leather worker and found the CAS City leather forum and decided I'd join up anyway. Looking forward to learning the in's and out's of all the different leather gear the Pards use, so I can get busy building some.

Looking forward to the campfire!
Buzzard Bait
Billwill
Citizen

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2016, 11:30:27 pm »

Howdy Gents,

I have been shooting firearms, of one type or another, since I was 6.  That was about 64 years ago. 

I got interested in black powder while I was up in Alaska A very long time ago.  First, it was pistols, like the Walker Colt and Dragoons.  Then Hawkins and the like.  A great Alaskan gun store, sold me a Sile US Sharps .54 cal , that he had bought as a sample.  I have had it for a very long time and never fired it.  I had lost the manual, mold and bullets to it and thought it was just too hard to restart the whole process. 

Well, last week I bought a mold and bullets and now I need to learn how to make paper cartridges.  Got the paper figured out.  Some people on the Interwebs say not to use craft or Elmer’s glue, others say other things. 

I just wondering what you knowledgeable folks have to say.  I ain’t into shooting lots of rounds, just enough to see if I can hit anything at a 100 yards.

Looking forward to hearing from ya.
Wishing y’all the best
Bill
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: New Pards: Buzzard Bait, Billwill, Lrlouie, Tennessee Jed and Huachuca Kid. « previous next »
Jump to: