Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2017, 10:46:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: July Patriotism, independence & Coffee 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July Patriotism, independence & Coffee  (Read 16426 times)
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2016, 04:54:49 pm »

Indeed LIT.... I hope you are holding up.
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2016, 05:26:02 pm »

LIT, don't know if you've seen this, but two weeks ago the place was almost dead.   

GAF Grand Muster.

Left to Right, Slim, Good Troy, Pony Express and some guy who ran around most the time with an apron. 

* zzz.JPG (63.38 KB, 497x442 - viewed 99 times.)

Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2016, 05:41:47 pm »

Good to see that some old pards are still above ground.  Grin Grin
Here, here!

'Tis 86, sunny and humid. "Muggy. Mostly clear with a chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...Then showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper 60s. South wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80 percent."

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2016, 05:43:48 pm »

Here is a link to videos I took at the 2016 GAF Grand Muster.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9SlwD2PxMibB0I6c7cG14Q/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=0

Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2016, 07:11:23 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 66 and overcast. High of 85.

Slim

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2016, 07:35:30 am »

Thanks for the coffee. 
It is currently 83 F, and expected temps in the 90's with a heat index of 102 to 107...

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
El Peludo
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2016, 10:26:41 am »

It's still morning here in the West, and that coffee is tasty, thankee mucho.

Good to hear from you LIT and Scattered Thumbs.

I managed to get through the fourth without going out and causing any mayhem.  Starting on Friday, our neck of this valley sounded like a war zone every day; as early as nine in the morning, some enthusiastic soul would start shooting shells off, you know, the kind you see in the big fireworks shows?  BOOM - --- -- - BLAM - SPUTTER-POP.  And so it went until about ten or twelve at night; people on the next street would get cranked up late afternoon, and continue --------------- .  Now, I've been around enough stuff that blew up without me being in control to make me jumpy, and by Monday night, I was tired, real tired.  Glad it's over.  No company, just me, Mrs. Hairy, and the critters both of whom resided in my lap or hers when they could.

Weather is summery, here.   Huh Huh Grin Grin Cool

Y'all have a good day.

Later.

El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.
Scattered Thumbs
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2016, 12:26:27 pm »

It's still morning here in the West, and that coffee is tasty, thankee mucho.

Good to hear from you LIT and Scattered Thumbs.

I managed to get through the fourth without going out and causing any mayhem.  Starting on Friday, our neck of this valley sounded like a war zone every day; as early as nine in the morning, some enthusiastic soul would start shooting shells off, you know, the kind you see in the big fireworks shows?  BOOM - --- -- - BLAM - SPUTTER-POP.  And so it went until about ten or twelve at night; people on the next street would get cranked up late afternoon, and continue --------------- .  Now, I've been around enough stuff that blew up without me being in control to make me jumpy, and by Monday night, I was tired, real tired.  Glad it's over.  No company, just me, Mrs. Hairy, and the critters both of whom resided in my lap or hers when they could.

Weather is summery, here.   Huh Huh Grin Grin Cool

Y'all have a good day.

Later.

Don't forget Lilt rooster who was also AWOL.  Roll Eyes

ST. Who lives in a summery Country (sometimes too summery, we broke 99 last week).  Cool
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2016, 01:15:26 pm »

96°f & 95% hotter'n' Billy be dammed, and muggy ... Feels like 108°

Ice Tea weather....  Wink  prolly get some thunder off in the distance tonight, maybe some showers to go with 
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2016, 01:19:21 pm »

93 and HI about 100. 

Go ahead, ask me if I found out what was wrong with my mower, "a frayed knot."   Burnt the ends off and the recoill starter now works.   Grin

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2016, 05:20:52 pm »

Howdy y'all.

How are y'all likin' the heat?  Highs here have been around 100.  Lows in the 60s.

Anyway, I'm on the hunt for a new job.  The town just isn't big enough to support five employees at a gun store, so my being the youngest worker, I was laid off.  That's okay, though.  It gives me a chance to do more things.  Like find a real job.   Roll Eyes  I think I may have one lined up over in Nevada, so I'll let y'all know how that goes.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2016, 07:02:18 am »

Morning y'all.
Coffee is hot.

'Tis 64 and overcast. "Humid. Mostly cloudy with a chance of showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the lower 80s. Southeast wind 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent."

Slim

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2016, 07:34:15 am »

Thanks for the coffee. 
It was 83 degrees today on the way to work.  High in the 90's, with a heat index of 102 to 105.  No rain in the forecast for the rest of the work week.

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2016, 11:50:47 am »

"SHE" that shall be obeyed, works for the STATE Wildlife Management ... SHE said "down at the Area the High was 98  with a heat index of 116 yesterday" ... Shocked  that is as close to HE-double toothpicks as it can get....
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2016, 12:08:08 pm »

Rain last night here, lower 90's and HI below 100, off to yard work. 

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

El Peludo
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2016, 03:06:33 pm »

Don't forget Lilt rooster who was also AWOL.  Roll Eyes

ST. Who lives in a summery Country (sometimes too summery, we broke 99 last week).  Cool

Uh, sorry, Roo.  Did I miss anyone else?

Weather; a subject of some serious consternation amongst some folks.  My Baby Bro is an Air Force trained "Weather Observer", and also of an extremely liberal political bent; swears that the changes in the weather are all mans fault, that there were never the sorts of patterns and changes that we are seeing now, since records have been kept. I asked him "what about before records were kept?", and he said that didn't matter.  We tend to disagree on a lot of things.   Tongue  It's warm here, been in the mid to high 1-0-somethings the past several weeks, with a few excursions into 1-1-? something HOT LAND; some days have scattered clouds, but others, like today are bluebirdy days, breezy, relatively dry, and mostly tolerable.  I feel for you folks who have that high humidity; we think we have it rough here when the Rh gets into the 20s, and "monsoon season, usually from about August to October is a time of discomfort for us Desert Rats; it has come early this year, I hope it goes away early, too.

I remember my six months in Memphis in 1960; arrived at midnight on July 8, and departed at about the same time on December 22.  The night I got off of the bus, it was about 85 or 90, and the air was WET.  I had just come from the Southern California Desert, across through the dry southwest, and the trip had been relatively dry until we got into Arkansas.  I was seventeen, and had never experienced humidity like that; it took some adapting, and the first night I was on base in the barracks, I woke up in the wee hours thinking I had wet myself and my rack, I was sweating so; but I managed.  When I left, the train pulled out at almost exactly midnight, the weather was cold and spitting snow.  I got a couple of weeks leave, so I stopped at home before heading on to San Diego for duty.  Got off of the train in Palm Springs - the Palm Springs railroad station was, still is out in the boonies several miles from town - and the weather was DRY, the sky was marvelously black and clear and so full of stars it looked like a carpet, it was cold and windy, about 25 degrees.  I actually wept.  Then I hitched a ride with the U.S. Mail haul contractor and rode the hundred miles home with him.  At eighteen, I figured out that I am a true Desert Rat, and have never ventured very far from The Great Southwestern Deserts since.  I do not like humidity, you may keep it.  Grin

Well, I got a late start this morning, and the day is scooting on by, so I think I'll go find something useful to do.

Later.

El Peludo (The Hairy Man)
Las Vegas, Nevada Territory
Lifer in: Life, NRA, NAHC, SASS, SBSS,WARTHOG, DIRTY RATS
IBEW(Retired), Shooter since 1955.
             Roop County Cowboy (FF)
             Original Member: Grass Valley Rangers,
             Camp Beale Land and Cattle Company.
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2016, 03:28:07 pm »

I'm use to it (HUMIDITY) Just got back from Evansville Ind. NCOWS National,  temps the week before were in the 70's
by the event they were 96's but the humidity was in the low 30's ...
My pard John & I were acclimated to high humidity so we had no issue, it was hot, sure...  but easy tolerable.

My experience with  desert SW is when I stayed in Tucson AZ  100 degrees and very little humidity , made my nose bleed  some
and a stoll across a carpeted room would static shock the HELL out of me when I reach for the sliding door...
got me so many time I lost count....made me mad as hell too.... I'd just forget, and zang  it'd get me again !  Embarrassed
I don't miss that at all !  
Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2016, 03:31:35 pm »

Well, the humidity certainly doesn't help matters...but 100 plus is hot!!
If an egg will cook on the concrete, it doesn't matter about humidity!!!

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2016, 03:41:17 pm »

Well, the humidity certainly doesn't help matters...but 100 plus is hot!!
If an egg will cook on the concrete, it doesn't matter about humidity!!!

My ovens use less wood when it's that hot, no kidding on that one.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2016, 04:50:16 pm »

Not too bad here at the moment, low 90s, some humidity, but not too uncomfortable (for me). Rain again this morning, usual for the 4th of July week around here, seems to rain more often than not around the holiday. Heading up toward Nebraska in a few minutes to pick up the formerly broken Blazer. Stopped on the way home at the LGS, scored a 5lb jug of Trailboss. So I'm set for that for a while. Still plan on stocking up more on components, for the next few months. My crystal ball says there may be shortages again about the end of the year.....
Silver Creek Slim
Buckaroo
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2016, 07:26:42 pm »

I'm needing to get some Trailboss, also.

Slim

Good Troy
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

GAF Grand Muster 2017

« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2016, 10:04:44 am »

A fresh pot is ready....get you some if you on'to.
Hot today, and humid.  No surprise.
Should get off work shortly...going to stay out of the heat.  Have several projects going, so I'll work on them in the air conditioned environment.

Good Troy
SASS#98102
GAF#835
NCOWS#3791
SSS#638
Delmonico
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2016, 10:32:36 am »

Out tot the yard later again, gonna be cooler, maybe 90 and 95 HI.

Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The Trinity Kid
Top Active Citizen

These are some of my...Friends

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2016, 05:27:27 pm »

Iced Tea on me, gents.

We're in for a doozy of a thunder storm it looks like.  Dark clouds all the way around the valley, humidity at about 90%, wind blowing at about 10mph constantly and gusting up to 30mph+.  We're already dry as a bone, so any lightening will certainly spark some fires.   

The chickens are already roosted at 3:30pm and the deer have taken cover under the trees in the front yard.  I'll let y'all know how we fare.

--TK

"James shook his head and twirled his Colt into it's holster with a smile.  There was some coffee left in the pot, so he poured it in his cup and leaned against the wall by the door.  The sun was setting in the distance, creating a beautiful sunset. 
   “Texas has better sunsets.”  He heard Terri say next to him.  He turned to face her.
   “Of course it does.  But we gotta get what we can in the mean time.” He said with a lopsided grin.  She smiled back and pulled her Colt, stuffing the barrel into his belly.
   “Yer' getting slow.  Better work on that.”  She said and walked back into the house with the empty coffee pot. 
   “We saw that, y' know.”  Clint Rounds said laughing.   James turned red and tried to hide his embarrassment."   Excerpt fromTHE FLOPPY HAT FROM TEXAS," being written by yours truly.

I was told recently that I'm "livelier than a one-legged man at a butt-kicking contest."    Is that an insult or a compliment?
pony express
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2016, 12:15:00 am »

Back home again, no problems (other than some minor navigation issues in Lincoln and KC).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: July Patriotism, independence & Coffee « previous next »
Jump to: