Author Topic: New Westworld  (Read 6828 times)

Offline nagantino

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oh yeah.......
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
New Westworld
« on: June 29, 2016, 05:12:54 AM »
I watched a trailer this week for a TV series being made which is a fresh take on that great movie Westworld. The trailer was short on detail but, while the original movie had 3 worlds, Westworld, Medieval World and Roman World, the trailer showed only Westworld. Yul Brynner was the crazy gunslinger/robot. Has anyone seen it?

Offline nagantino

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oh yeah.......
  • Liked:
Re: New Westworld
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 05:45:07 AM »
Well nagantino,
What a marvellous post and may I thank you from the heart of my bottom, for letting us all know about Westworld. The new one that is. Not the old one. The old one was great,wasn't it, Yul Brynner an all. He shaved his head you know, he wasn't really bald. I always wondered what he would look like if he grew his hair. Well, we'll never know now. Oh well. But a great idea though, to revisit that idea of a world where you can go on your holidays that's the Wild West. Robots of course. But when those suckers go wrong ......boy! My own mousemat got torn just last year and it kept catching the mouse. Bloody annoying, but hey thats nothing to a Cowboy Robot going wrong. Jeez.

Once again my friend, thank you, thank you, thank you. I've never met you but I'm certain your a hell of a guy. A-Hell-Of -A Guy.

Offline Grenadier

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 07:27:05 AM »
I love the whit of the Gael. ;^)

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 09:18:33 PM »

Offline Abilene

• CAS-L Ghost Rider
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Abilene's CAS Pages
  • SASS #: 27489
  • NCOWS #: 3958
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1211
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 07:36:51 AM »
I did see the trailer, about a month ago so don't recall too much except it looked interesting.  I was wondering how they could stretch it into a series.  Maybe the 'bots don't start killing people right away, or they do it on the sly so it takes a while to find out, or...maybe it is supposed to be like the zombie craze, keep killing them and they keep on coming and coming and coming...(except that these 'bots might rebuild themselves?).

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 06:01:23 AM »
Well nagantino,
What a marvellous post and may I thank you from the heart of my bottom, for letting us all know about Westworld. The new one that is. Not the old one. The old one was great,wasn't it, Yul Brynner an all. He shaved his head you know, he wasn't really bald. I always wondered what he would look like if he grew his hair. Well, we'll never know now. Oh well. But a great idea though, to revisit that idea of a world where you can go on your holidays that's the Wild West. Robots of course. But when those suckers go wrong ......boy! My own mousemat got torn just last year and it kept catching the mouse. Bloody annoying, but hey thats nothing to a Cowboy Robot going wrong. Jeez.

Once again my friend, thank you, thank you, thank you. I've never met you but I'm certain your a hell of a guy. A-Hell-Of -A Guy.

From the same regions ...I offer Y'ull  :D

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline nagantino

• Top Active Citizen
  • Oh yeah.......
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 07:20:47 AM »
Lovely research there, Major.

Offline Major 2

• "Still running against the wind"
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3032
  • GAF #: 785
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 422
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 09:57:02 AM »
Met him once on live stage.... he was reprising his roll  doing King & I

He was Flaming ASSHAT to everybody... Actors, conductor,  stage crew , even audience VIP's with back stage passes....

when planets align...do the deal !

Offline Mogorilla

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS #: 3306
  • GAF #: 883
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 99
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 05:20:29 PM »
I had heard that about him as well.   Sad, as even in bad movies, I usually liked him.    I have had limited meetings with actors, but the ones I have met have been extremely nice.  I was a kid for most of the meetings.  Met (the real) Will Smith shortly after Rich Man Poor Man was on TV, Nicest guy ever.    I was with my dad in the St. Louis Airport.  My dad was small, 5"5", and had boxed professionally as a feather weight (88 lbs I think).  Beyond the fact that those genetics flew past me, he was a dwarfed by Mr. Smith.  They talked boxing, and he was amazed I knew him from Laredo reruns.   
Same time frame and same airport, met Forrest Tucker and Larry Storch.  Dad's first name was Forrest, so he used that to introduce himself.   They were both nice as could be, but I remember Mr. Tucker having about 3 or 4 bourbons to my dad's one, and dad was not one to shy away from Bourbon.   Still have all the autographs in a treasure box from childhood, if they have not turned to dust in the 40 years since then.

Offline Ben Beam

• SASS Affiliated Merchant (#105892)
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Ben Beam & Co. -- Old West Ephemera
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 10:08:17 PM »
I'm surprised this topic didn't get more posts. If you're into the old west, the show is a heck of a lot of fun. It's certainly sparked its share of new "cowboy enthusiasts," and that can't be a bad thing.
Ben Beam & Co. -- Bringing You a New Old West -- Reproduction Old West Ephemera for re-enactors, living historians, set dressing, chuckwagons, props, or just for fun!
http://www.BenBeam.com

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 09:56:53 PM »
I never saw the original Westworld. This post tweaked my curiosity so I watched Episode-1 of the new version and then rented the 1973 version last night. It was entertaining.

Maybe it's just me but I'm finding that in a lot of the new action movies, the action is so fast that I have a tough time following or understanding what's happening.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Ben Beam

• SASS Affiliated Merchant (#105892)
  • Top Active Citizen
    • Ben Beam & Co. -- Old West Ephemera
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 10:03:42 PM »
It's not you. :(

But I'll say that if you watch the show long enough, it's the story that will require your attention.
Ben Beam & Co. -- Bringing You a New Old West -- Reproduction Old West Ephemera for re-enactors, living historians, set dressing, chuckwagons, props, or just for fun!
http://www.BenBeam.com

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 636
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 12:24:09 AM »
Maybe it's just me but I'm finding that in a lot of the new action movies, the action is so fast that I have a tough time following or understanding what's happening.

I think filmmakers get lazy and don't fully plan out action sequences,  substituting rapid cuts and close-ups to give the feeling of the action without really having to show it.

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com