Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2017, 12:28:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Books & Movies (Moderator: Marshal Halloway)  |  Topic: New Westworld 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Westworld  (Read 3258 times)
nagantino
Top Active Citizen

Oh yeah.......

« on: June 29, 2016, 05:12:54 am »

I watched a trailer this week for a TV series being made which is a fresh take on that great movie Westworld. The trailer was short on detail but, while the original movie had 3 worlds, Westworld, Medieval World and Roman World, the trailer showed only Westworld. Yul Brynner was the crazy gunslinger/robot. Has anyone seen it?
nagantino
Top Active Citizen

Oh yeah.......

« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 05:45:07 am »

Well nagantino,
What a marvellous post and may I thank you from the heart of my bottom, for letting us all know about Westworld. The new one that is. Not the old one. The old one was great,wasn't it, Yul Brynner an all. He shaved his head you know, he wasn't really bald. I always wondered what he would look like if he grew his hair. Well, we'll never know now. Oh well. But a great idea though, to revisit that idea of a world where you can go on your holidays that's the Wild West. Robots of course. But when those suckers go wrong ......boy! My own mousemat got torn just last year and it kept catching the mouse. Bloody annoying, but hey thats nothing to a Cowboy Robot going wrong. Jeez.

Once again my friend, thank you, thank you, thank you. I've never met you but I'm certain your a hell of a guy. A-Hell-Of -A Guy.
Grenadier
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 07:27:05 am »

I love the whit of the Gael. ;^)
Abilene
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 07:36:51 am »

I did see the trailer, about a month ago so don't recall too much except it looked interesting.  I was wondering how they could stretch it into a series.  Maybe the 'bots don't start killing people right away, or they do it on the sly so it takes a while to find out, or...maybe it is supposed to be like the zombie craze, keep killing them and they keep on coming and coming and coming...(except that these 'bots might rebuild themselves?).

Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 06:01:23 am »

Well nagantino,
What a marvellous post and may I thank you from the heart of my bottom, for letting us all know about Westworld. The new one that is. Not the old one. The old one was great,wasn't it, Yul Brynner an all. He shaved his head you know, he wasn't really bald. I always wondered what he would look like if he grew his hair. Well, we'll never know now. Oh well. But a great idea though, to revisit that idea of a world where you can go on your holidays that's the Wild West. Robots of course. But when those suckers go wrong ......boy! My own mousemat got torn just last year and it kept catching the mouse. Bloody annoying, but hey thats nothing to a Cowboy Robot going wrong. Jeez.

Once again my friend, thank you, thank you, thank you. I've never met you but I'm certain your a hell of a guy. A-Hell-Of -A Guy.

From the same regions ...I offer Y'ull  Cheesy

* Yul.jpg (10.77 KB, 214x317 - viewed 71 times.)

* Yul 1.jpg (4.56 KB, 201x251 - viewed 70 times.)

* yul-Chris.jpg (25.13 KB, 650x482 - viewed 76 times.)

* yul 2.0.jpg (113.48 KB, 600x450 - viewed 81 times.)
nagantino
Top Active Citizen

Oh yeah.......

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2016, 07:20:47 am »

Lovely research there, Major.
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 09:57:02 am »

Met him once on live stage.... he was reprising his roll  doing King & I

He was Flaming ASSHAT to everybody... Actors, conductor,  stage crew , even audience VIP's with back stage passes....

Mogorilla
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 05:20:29 pm »

I had heard that about him as well.   Sad, as even in bad movies, I usually liked him.    I have had limited meetings with actors, but the ones I have met have been extremely nice.  I was a kid for most of the meetings.  Met (the real) Will Smith shortly after Rich Man Poor Man was on TV, Nicest guy ever.    I was with my dad in the St. Louis Airport.  My dad was small, 5"5", and had boxed professionally as a feather weight (88 lbs I think).  Beyond the fact that those genetics flew past me, he was a dwarfed by Mr. Smith.  They talked boxing, and he was amazed I knew him from Laredo reruns.   
Same time frame and same airport, met Forrest Tucker and Larry Storch.  Dad's first name was Forrest, so he used that to introduce himself.   They were both nice as could be, but I remember Mr. Tucker having about 3 or 4 bourbons to my dad's one, and dad was not one to shy away from Bourbon.   Still have all the autographs in a treasure box from childhood, if they have not turned to dust in the 40 years since then.

NCOWS #3297
Ben Beam
SASS Affiliated Merchant (#105892)
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2017, 11:08:17 pm »

I'm surprised this topic didn't get more posts. If you're into the old west, the show is a heck of a lot of fun. It's certainly sparked its share of new "cowboy enthusiasts," and that can't be a bad thing.

Ben Beam & Co. -- Bringing You a New Old West -- Reproduction Old West Ephemera for re-enactors, living historians, set dressing, chuckwagons, props, or just for fun!
http://www.BenBeam.com
Johnny McCrae
Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
NCOWS
Top Active Citizen

The older the violin, the finer the music

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 09:56:53 pm »

I never saw the original Westworld. This post tweaked my curiosity so I watched Episode-1 of the new version and then rented the 1973 version last night. It was entertaining.

Maybe it's just me but I'm finding that in a lot of the new action movies, the action is so fast that I have a tough time following or understanding what's happening.

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself
Ben Beam
SASS Affiliated Merchant (#105892)
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 10:03:42 pm »

It's not you. Sad

But I'll say that if you watch the show long enough, it's the story that will require your attention.

Ben Beam & Co. -- Bringing You a New Old West -- Reproduction Old West Ephemera for re-enactors, living historians, set dressing, chuckwagons, props, or just for fun!
http://www.BenBeam.com
Coal Creek Griff
Top Active Citizen

With Cheyenne Luke

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 12:24:09 am »

Maybe it's just me but I'm finding that in a lot of the new action movies, the action is so fast that I have a tough time following or understanding what's happening.

I think filmmakers get lazy and don't fully plan out action sequences,  substituting rapid cuts and close-ups to give the feeling of the action without really having to show it.

CC Griff

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Books & Movies (Moderator: Marshal Halloway)  |  Topic: New Westworld « previous next »
Jump to: