Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 25, 2017, 06:30:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: well hang the luck .... ::) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: well hang the luck .... ::)  (Read 1210 times)
Major 2
"Still running against the wind"
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« on: June 24, 2016, 02:53:27 pm »

drove to work this morning and the low tire pressure light came on.... Hmmm ...RR huh !

OK so I call the Dealer,  figure I picked up a nail last night , I'll swing by and have them check it...

They ask " were you driving on Old Canoe Creek next to the Florida Turnpike yesterday ? "  

Yep ! that's my route home...  Them " someone dropped a big box of screws, we've handled 12 vehicles since  last evening "

one guy this morning had 9 screws in two tires.... word has it other tire places are doing similar repairs in town.

Well, hell ...as it turns out , I had three all in the Right rear, I can remember when it happened,  sounded like gravel flying up ...never saw them though.

anyway  one dead center of the tread (fixable) one on the side tread lug ( marginal at best to fix ) and the death nell ,one in the sidewall ...Tire is pooched  Roll Eyes and it was 1 of the 4 new set I had put on last fall....

GOT to a BUY A NEW TIRE  Angry   @  $280 each ....
Jake C
Department of the Atlantic, GAF # 834
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 03:42:13 pm »

Sorry to hear that happened to you. I never understood people who find their amusement that way.

Win with ability, not with numbers.- Alexander Suvorov, Russian Field Marshal, 1729-1800
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 05:52:18 pm »

I prefer to think it was contractor or DIY guy that ill packed his big box of Dry wall screws .... Huh
Moron that he would be !  Roll Eyes

BUT ...if I allowed myself to think some SICK deranged bastard , deliberately salted the road with  1 1/4 drywall screws just to
F#(K up people,  Angry 
I love to see him charged with depraved indifference attempted homicide, and sentence him to a bungee jump with his scrotum as the bungee .... 

Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 08:37:26 pm »

Up Date

over 100 tires have been reported damaged according to the TV news...this was as of this morning

I dropped my car off this afternoon, so the numbers are going up.

http://www.wftv.com/news/photos-screws-found-in-tires/361911232

they closed the road for three hours to try and get the rest of the screws up... Roll Eyes
Forty Rod
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 10:52:45 pm »

Took out all four tires when a box of roofing nails fell off a truck.   Sad

People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2016, 05:49:55 am »

I suppose I was somewhat luckier ..just one on mine ...but it was not more 6000 miles old (the entire set, and was a Grand ) and just one of these 18"ers cost about $250 + the taxes...

And my daughter, same make & model SUV as mine , different tire thought, was another victim, her tire will be about $200  Angry
She is short of cash...so Dad gets buy hers too.

Her's also in the sidewall went down quickly and had to changed to the stupid "hide a spare" thing newer cars have now  Roll Eyes
  Fortunately a Sheriff Deputy She knew saw her plight and change it for her....I owe him big time... Smiley
Her car is at the Dealer getting changed this morning too....

after reflection....
my  comment " bungee jump with his scrotum as the bungee "  fate , is too good for the perp !  Angry
Major 2
Deputy Marshal
Top Active Citizen

Cracker Cow Cavalry

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 06:40:58 am »

Up-date if anyone is interested.....

A contractor was found..but denied he was the ONE ... imagine that !   Roll Eyes  a Witness identified his truck...
He has not been charged, and prolly won't be ....

Final count was some 215 tires were reported damaged/ruined  ...replacing my tire was $242.00 , and the clone's tire cost me an additional  $227 (different brand, same dealer) as she was tight on funds  Embarrassed

so that as they say is that .... Just suck it up  Undecided
Abilene
Top Active Citizen

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 07:58:45 am »

That is why I always buy road hazard warranty with new tires.  Free replacement.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  GENERAL TOPICS  |  Tall Tales (Moderator: Silver Creek Slim)  |  Topic: well hang the luck .... ::) « previous next »
Jump to: