Javascript DHTML Drop Down Menu Powered by dhtml-menu-builder.com
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2017, 06:11:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Search:     Advanced search
* Home FlashChat Help Calendar Login Register
Currently there are 0 Users in the Cas City Chat Rooms!
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: New Pards: Merman66, Big Mak and FuriousFritz. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Pards: Merman66, Big Mak and FuriousFritz.  (Read 833 times)
Silent Joe
The Netherlands
Top Active Citizen

Lady Lis and Me

« on: June 22, 2016, 11:23:02 am »

Welcome in cas City, Pards. Walk around, say "Howdy", sit by the fire and tell us your story.  Cheesy    

* kampvuur-2.gif (26.21 KB, 134x94 - viewed 164 times.)

The Secret of Life is One Thing..........Just One Thing! (Curly in City Slickers)
Citizen of CAS City #203 * SASS L # 10461 * SBSS # 2064 DWSA # 120 * GAF Intern. #694* IPSAC #43 * Prayer Posse * WartHog * B.o.t.A. >>>------>*

Big Mak
Active citizen

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 11:38:22 am »

Thank you very much for the invite!

My bio: Born and raised in Minnesota, at age 18 I moved West and started working for the Boeing Company in 1979.I have about 4 more years to retirement. (I've had 6 careers there, Machinist, Tool maker, Tool Designer, NC Programmer, Engineering Application Analyst and now an IT Project Manager)

I married at age 30 and have been married to my lovely wife for 26 years now.

My father was in Korea, 101st Airborne, Staff sergeant training troops state side (due to a jump injury) and around 1969 I shot my first duck with a single shot .410 with my dad beside me. I joined the NRA soon after!

I like to reload, shoot a variety of rifles, pistols and shotguns at the local gun club, sometimes hunt depending if my sons have available time in their schedules. (I used to big game hunt in Montana when I was single, my Stepfather lived in Ennis and I had a 30 acre parcel back there with hunting rights to 10,000 acres as we belonged to a land owners association)

I am also a professional photographer and have a side business specializing in youth sports pictures, both sports action and team photos. We currently reside in Bonney Lake, WA.

Wife and I love to fish too. She always out-fishes me and she'll let you know that too! :/

In the past 4 years I've been into .45-70 Springfield Trapdoor shooting and reloading for said rifle.
Here is my beauty! She was purchased from my buddy's father in 1954. It used to be part of the Oregon National Guard from 1892 until it was acquired by a Tacoma, WA mil surplus store. No history on it before that time.
I bought the rifle 4 years ago for $650.00 from my friend (his dad had since past) and he moved to Australia. They don't take kindly to Americans bringing guns to Oz. Wink

The cartouche is 1883. It has the Buffington sights which have been fun to master. I also have the original bayonet/frog and breakdown tool.

Link to pictures--> https://sportsdad60.smugmug.com/1873-Springfield-Trapdoor-45/n-gxR9F/

Silent Joe
The Netherlands
Top Active Citizen

Lady Lis and Me

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 11:54:06 am »

Nice pictures of a nice gun. Thank you for showing.

The Secret of Life is One Thing..........Just One Thing! (Curly in City Slickers)
Citizen of CAS City #203 * SASS L # 10461 * SBSS # 2064 DWSA # 120 * GAF Intern. #694* IPSAC #43 * Prayer Posse * WartHog * B.o.t.A. >>>------>*

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Cas City Forum Hall & CAS-L  |  Cas City  |  Greetings!  |  Topic: New Pards: Merman66, Big Mak and FuriousFritz. « previous next »
Jump to: