Author Topic: Looking for a Shooting Pard, or Two  (Read 2600 times)

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 901
Looking for a Shooting Pard, or Two
« on: May 04, 2016, 01:10:55 PM »
I don't know where else to post this and the description of this section is "The social quarters for cowboy, western & mounted shooters." so I'm hoping this is OK with the moderators.

I'm a former CAS (strictly BP) shooter who got out of it for about 25 years. I can't compete any more (too old and busted up - lol) but I love the guns of the post Civil War West and want to shoot them and talk with others about them. I need to find like minded shooters in the Phoenix metro area (I'm in Mesa) who would like to get together once or twice a month. Not to compete but just to shoot our guns, admire each other's toys, talk about the old days and generally share a mutual interest in the old West.

Anyone in my area interested, respond here or e-mail me at: dtwigg1@cox.net

Hope too hear from someone,

Dave

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: Looking for a Shooting Pard, or Two
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 10:44:48 PM »
On the first Saturday every month there's a match at the Rio Salado Sportsmans Club by Usery Pass.  I realize you don't want to compete but there are many folks who share your interest.  Stop by sometime and talk to people and you're sure to find someone.  I'd step right up now but I'm a seasonal snowbird and gone to Colorado until November.

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 08:28:50 PM »
Thanks for the reminder Sagebrush. I belong out there but hadn't paid much attention to the CAS schedule since I'm not going to do that anymore.

Last Saturday was the 1st Sat. of the month but my get up and go had already gotten up and gone so I didn't get to the range. I'll try next month but I can see it now. They're just gonna expect me to shoot in their matches. Oh well, I can at least say "Hi". (smile)

Dave

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:20:57 AM »

Offline Sagebrush Burns

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 12:54:24 AM »
You and I both know that's a good bunch of folks and if you don't stop by, the answer is already "no".  I'll be back in November and if either of us still remember by then, we'll figure out how to get together and send some lead down range...

Offline wildman1

• American Plainsmen Society
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 169
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 07:12:36 AM »
Rio also has long range before the regular match starts. wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Offline Dave T

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 09:37:12 AM »
Maybe I'll have to show up a little early and watch that one too. I've been thinking a 38-55 wouldn't beat up my arthritic shoulder like a 45-70 would. Maybe someone at that long range shoot has one and we can talk about it.

Thanks wild man,
Dave

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com