Author Topic: The really really cool stuff  (Read 4378 times)

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
The really really cool stuff
« on: April 28, 2016, 06:38:08 PM »
I just returned from the preview day at Rock Island Auction, for this weekends premier auction.
At our tour they told us the high end stuff was in the vault, but today it's all out on display to be sold
Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. A couple things really caught my eye, lot #1025, a 1886 Winchester
serial #1 presented to Cap. Lawton for bringing in Geronimo. Lot #1222, Brigham Young's 1849
colt pocket pistol. You can go on their website and watch the auction live video streaming. The two
previous mentioned lots are expected to bring over a half million each, and will be sold Saturday morn.

the drooling BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
Re: The really really cool stuff
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 08:35:52 AM »
Howdy Billy,

Many thanks for posting this information. I just finished visiting the Rock Island Auction Company's website http://www.rockislandauction.com/  and viewed the video about Captain Lawton's Winchester. It was fascinating and very informative. There are also several other videos about rare Firearms.

On of the highlights of the 2016 NCOWS Convention was a guided tour of the Rock Island Auction Company. We all had the opportunity to handle several Volcanic Pistols.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Offline Johnny McCrae

• Bristol Plains Pistoleros, Sweetwater Regulators
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • The older the violin, the finer the music
    • Johnny McCrae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2016, 09:36:36 AM »
I just finished watching the live auction for Captain Lawton's Winchester. It sold for $1,100,000.

Here is a link for this Firearm  http://www.rockislandauction.com/viewitem/aid/67/lid/1025
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Advertising

« Reply #3 on: Today at 10:15:04 AM »

Offline bear tooth billy

• NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • NCOWS Senator
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2016, 09:43:27 AM »
I was watching also, pretty awesome gun.

BTB
Born 110 years too late

Offline Coal Creek Griff

• Top Active Citizen
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 07:30:41 PM »
I had been planning to sell everything I own and buy a 1/4 interest in that rifle,  but I was too slow.  Rats.

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Offline Steel Horse Bailey

• Jeff "Steel Horse Bailey" - BP Warthog & C&B Shooter
  • NCOWS Member
  • Top Active Citizen
  • A Master of the Sublime & Holy Order or the Soot
  • SASS #: 27463
  • NCOWS #: 1919
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 07:33:09 PM »
Those prices make me ill ... because I can't afford a real piece of history.   >:(  My wife's boss is like the typical RIA buyer ... rich as Cresus and can afford to drop 100K to 1M on his purchases.  Which leaves us "real" folks out in the cold. The worst part of it is (at least in his case and no doubt many of the buyers) he couldn't give a rat's a$$ about those awesome pieces of history except as an "investment"  He has a storage room full of awesome Winchesters & Colts (& others) that he has never seen since he bought them!!  Hell, I'd shoot a few of them!  They were built to last and should be loved, handled (carefully), and even a few of them shot if still safe - which most of his are.
Being poor is a real bit .. er, bear!
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Offline Will Ketchum

• Chief of Detectives
  • Deputy Marshal
  • Top Active Citizen
  • Pete Ersland
  • SASS #: 4222
  • NCOWS #: 133
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 07:43:29 PM »
Gee, nice to hear from you Jeff.

Will Ketchum
Will Ketchum's Rules of W&CAS: 1 Be Safe. 2 Have Fun. 3  Look Good Doin It!
F&AM, NRA Endowment Life, SASS Life 4222, NCOWS Life 133.  USMC for ever.
Madison, WI

Offline Texas Lawdog

• NCOWS Senator "Old School" Cop
  • Top Active Citizen
  • " We're all Here because We're not all There".
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 10:50:38 AM »
It is nice to know that you are warm and breathing, SHB!  It rained last night and this morning. I am  having my morning Cawffee and trying to wake up.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com